1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll - If it came down to these guys for round 1

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by turtle, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Charles Harris - OLB

2. TJ Watt - OLB

3. Christian McCaffrey - RB

4. Carl Lawson - OLB

5. Marlon Humphrey - CB

6. Jabrill Peppers - CB/S

7. Gerald Everett - TE

8. Jarrad Davis - ILB

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i like tight ends and butt too BF. :hehehe::smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Chickillo is just a backup who got drafted late, I think Harris has a lot more upside.

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    so was greg lloyd and joey porter. chickillo played a lot and would have played more if it wasn't for an injury. he dropped weight to play OLB and he and harris have the same build and from what i see on tape the same game as far as how they play. chickillo is going against pros though. i just don't see harris being much different. at least not the big difference maker we could use. i do think chickillo will get better as he goes and harris could too i guess but thats all speculation. as we've seen, draft position means very little. jarvis jones, james harrison, porter, lloyd for example. :cool:

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Totally agree on Chick but disagree on DK I don't want any CB converts to Safety ...to me either you are or you aren't. I'm sure after saying that you can give me quite a bit of examples of guys making the switch but for our D I want a natural....

5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I quickly chose Peppers....... I've seen one of his games.... Dude was everywhere but the more I study the less I like ....... I'd change if I could

Cajun

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    rod woodson, carnell lake (OLB in college moved to safety and to corner and back to safety), sean davis, robert golden to name a couple. shamarko probably played his best ball here his rookie year when they played him as a slot corner more than an in the box safety. even gay has shown he can move back there in practice.

alot of guys can play both spots and as the league changes a cb that can ballhawk and tackle well could really become more of the norm at safety. strong safeties are becoming LB'ers too because they can run and they have some better pass coverage skills than the old hitter types of LB'ers, but they can still tackle well.

i wouldn't have a problem of king moving to safety.:cool:

7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Rod Woodson-enough said.
    Lake was basically a safety anyway...undersized LB used like a safety at UCLA.
    Sean Davis was a safety in college but forced to CB because of injuries on the team.
    Golden played safety his last 2 years in college.....still a bad safety....bad example
    Shamarko I don't recall ever playing slot corner....never lived up to expectations I can remember a preseason game where he made a couple plays around the LOS..."preseason "...
    Gay...practice? Really?

Desmond King as a CB to Safety convert would be a terrible first round pick...
    Not to mention all guys you stated were SS...we would be looking at FSs with range I would hope...
    Different strokes for different folks I guess....no thanks in the 1st.....

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well isn't this funny I may have found my guy, he reminds me more of Holliman than Miller but I really like the little I saw so far:

Jeremy Cutrer CB Middle Tenn. 6-1 170(?)

I could only find game film on him from 2015 vs Alabama but I love what I saw. He has very good ball skills and makes some nice reads, however his Knock is his tackling.....hence the Holliman caparison.

I need to see more and if anyone knows more feel free to share. Early signs point to a 6-7 rounder and to me that is where you look for guys like this. This kid has a great story too:

For all of Cutrer’s life, his father has been incarcerated. After the death of his 25-year-old brother, Cutrer was forced to become the man of the house at a young age.

Then came Katrina.

From what I read this kid had the talent to play at LSU but not the grades. Keep an out out for this guy would love to hear everyone's thoughts on him.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh no, its stating :lolol:

Dont know who he is. Ill just say that the feel good stories are nice but Shark was a feel good story too! Just saying.

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    LOL, yeah I know but let me say I am more about a feel good story, yeah they are nice but if you can't play I don't care about it. I went to this kids twitter page and there was some game film there, he did tackle a lot better then I thought. Draftbreakdown only has one film on this kid and it is from 2015, I did like it though. He also was not invited to the combine. I really want to keep my eyes on this kid very very very good ball skills, jmo. I remember I liked Byard coming out of here too and they have a RB that is worth keeping an eye on. My focus is Cutrer he looks like the real deal.

11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Maybe he will be at Tennessee's Pro day, sometimes they extend offers to the athletes at smaller schools etc. Just something to look for...

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Chickillo isn't a starter type not matter how much you pimp him. He's just a backup and special teams player.

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I guess I have a little more hope for him than you...he was highly recruited out of high school and miscast at Miami where they stunted his growth by making him grow....pretty sure he had one of the quicker first steps during the combine. He's had his share of injuries and setbacks for us too and we all know how much a PITA it is to learn our defense....unless of course you are the opponent:smiley1:. I'm still holding out hope but this year he has to show big strides...

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it's not about me pimping him, it's about he and harris being roughly the same player. why draft that same type of player we already have in the first round? by the way he started 7 games this year for us. :cool:

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He only started because of Dupree's injury, he's not a longterm solution at the position. Harris may have more upside potential that's why you would draft him.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he also started over a vet moats.
    :cool:

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    hi guys i'm back wait i still have to study the draft prospects . anyway we need a stud olb ....

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    hi freak. how ya been? :cool:

19. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    around
    around some party some rest , i had to forget the foxborough night ..ciao Mac

20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    good to see you back...

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Freak is in the house!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011