1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Report: Steelers shoot down trade offers for Antonio Brown

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerEmpire, Feb 8, 2017.

1. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    the trade the Rams made last year to move up to #1 might be almost as bad. may have set the Rams back years.

2. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    you say that so why havent the Steelers found a great pass rusher?

i completely agree on how great and valuable AB is, but i think its easier to replace a great wr than it is to find a great pass rusher. ask Tom Brady. he can probably give his opinion on both. he doesnt have what most people consider "great wrs", but he makes the ones he has look great. he can also tell you what a great edge rusher can do. look what Miller did to him a couple years ago.

for my money. i want the guy thats spending all day in the back field just creating havoc on qbs. makes that secondary look great.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's better not knowing what was offered and by who because if we did know just think of the belly aching and complaining that will happen once he signs his big new contract and God forbid he gets hurt or his production drops off. Heck there are people still moaning over losing Max Williams and that corner that the Bengals took can you imagine the hand wringing and belly aching if they knew the Steelers gave up a chance to be in the top ten? This place would look like Joshua trying to learn that there is no winner in a nuclear war.

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Unfortunately, we have neither Tom Brady nor Bill Belichick in our system so we can't make slow-footed former lacrosse players look like Randy Moss and Jerry Rice. We need talent at the receiver position.

5. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    How about the Ricky Williams trade for an entire draft class?

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Back in the day when there were 13 rounds stuffed into 2 days, Bum Phillips traded away all of his second day picks. When asked why, he replied: "I had a poker game".

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    ...and why wouldn't they??? I would actually be more interested in this if they actually DID entertain offers.

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    What about the Trent Richardson deal? What was the stipulations on that one? I remember everybody talking about how the clowns were so dumb for doing it but honestly they were totally vindicated in letting him go. I think THAT alone might make it a "crazy deal" because how often does Cleveland do anything right? LOL!

9. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    No way you trade away a known commodity for a possible rookie WR draftee.... most WR's take a couple years to develop and with the age and expected time line of Ben.... no way you do that unless we weren't competitive and entering "re-build" mode.

10. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    After we traded Holmes a few years ago for a 5th rounder we can probably expect plenty of laughable offers for all of our players.

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The thing is Holmes pretty much played like a 5th rounder after that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Totally different circumstances. One player couldn't stay out of trouble off the field the other is a model citizen off the field.

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A trade isn't likely but they might as well study the offers. You never know when some kind of Herschel Walker/Eric Dickerson kind of deal is out there.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Holmes was facing a 4 game suspension at the time, he was never the same player after he left anyway.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would do that trade the Steelers biggest weakness is pass rusher, WRs are a dime a dozen. Diva WRs don't win Super Bowls, defense does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    The only reason I think teams inquired about Brown is in case there was friction maybe beyond repair (after the FB live thing) in the locker room, thus needing a change of scenery. Can't fault other teams for trying.

17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

I agree, and According to Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report, “several teams have asked the Steelers if Brown is available, and according to two teams, the Steelers have said hell no.”

And then there is this reporter who says trade him for the right price:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...st-calls-for-steelers-to-trade-antonio-brown/

18. Josh

Josh Active Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis is last one I can even remember

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    trade AB, ben, timmons, mitchell and harrison for brady, belicheat and the lacrosse player and their first round pick. :hehehe: :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just because I'm bored...lol Not a realistic scenario but just to get some discussion. Let's say they traded AB84 to the 49ers for the second overall pick. Assuming Myles Garrett is the first pick, who would you want to be the pick?

21. britishsteel

britishsteel Active Member

Apr 24, 2016
    If they could trade to get a realistic shot at Malik Cooper or Jamal Adams, i might be interested

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Whew.... good question....

Jamal Adams though is tantalizing.. but having to rangy safeties in Davis and Hooker would also be a good option.

As for edge rusher... not too sure.