1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

difference between Ben and Brady

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Jan 22, 2017.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The difference between Ben and Brady is that Ben has Brady's jersey hanging in his office and Brady is playing in another Super Bowl.

2. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Ben is anti-checkdown. Tom Brady will take what is given (a LOT is given in zone) but he will also torch you long. That is the main difference

3. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    I think if Big Ben played against the zone defense we use, he would complete about 95% of his passes too. Ben has to go up against guys who is playing press coverage, Brady is playing against a soft zone. Hurts to admit this, but I think all of New England coaches are far more superior than ours. It's mind-boggling we didn't learn from the Texans on how to slow Tom Brady. It's absolutely mind-boggling we still played in a soft zone when it's 3rd & 1 ...making it too easy for smart teams like the Patriots

4. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    We have had red zone issues for two straight games. Me thinks Ben was hurt worse than we know in that Dolphins game.

5. SocalSteeler

SocalSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    So true on all comments.
    Ben is a drive killer (long ball incomplete on 3 & 1)
    Brady is a surgeon and he absolutely carves up our soft zone prevent a win defense.
    Anyone see Trent Dilfer this morning when he talked about Brady carving up our defense and us standing in the endzone in a puddle of blood? Man that was right on the money.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Words can't describe what I am feeling today after this beat down.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    The difference is coaching. That's it.

8. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I lived in the New England area for 4 years...my phone has not stopped beeping!!

These are some of my friends but I hate the bastards right now...I can't even reply because I'm afraid I will text something that might ruin our friendship(s)

One of my friends took me to the game a few years back...the 55 pt performance...and I thought that was the low point...wrong!!

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I wouldn't say "all of their coaches". I would say Bill Belichick. He's the captain of that ship. His coaching tree isn't even that impressive on an NFL level. Mangini? Meh. McDaniels? Meh. Crennel? Meh. Saban? Meh. Weiss? Meh. Pioli? Meh. Schwartz? Meh. Bill O'Brien? Meh. How many of those guys have set the woods on fire in the NFL? Meanwhile, the pats keep winning. Bill runs that ship. No doubt about it. Compound this with the fact that he has probably the greatest qb to ever play the game and you've got a dynasty. I think the biggest difference between Ben and Brady is Ben is pretty stubborn. Brady is much more of the philosophy of "live to play another day" whereas Ben sometimes seems to think he has to make something happen on every single down and is willing to force things and make mistakes because of it. That's the difference between Brady and most qb's really. Also 4 rings, an unparalleled streak of AFC Championship games, 7 Super Bowl trips, and blah, blah, blah. Just sayin'.

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Its embarrassing, particularly because up and down the roster I feel we have athletically better players.

11. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I agree. Two things are too bad, though; one, his coach and team cheated when Brady first started playing in Super Bowls and it will always follow him, and two, he is from Michigan. But even if he was qb of the Browns or the Jaguars, his skills are top notch.

12. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben actually played well. Did you watch the game. The 3rd and one pass was right in the Wr hands. How is that qb fault.

Some games you can blame on Ben. Not this one. James dropped big first down catch when we were down 11 I think. Then we punt the ball at our 40 yard line? When D had no chance

13. Greg the man Lloyd

Oct 16, 2011
    He was horrible in Pats game? Go watch tape. 5 drops. He was actually really good except for interception after game was over. Wr has to make a catch once and a while

14. Greg the man Lloyd

Oct 16, 2011
    That is on coordinator not Ben

15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  16. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Brady operates in a very disciplined and structured environment. The Pats scrimmaged here in Richmond against the Skins a couple of years ago and the Washington announcers talked about how NE came out like a military unit from day 1.

17. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    im not gonna defend Ben, but to say he was horrible is silly. his young wrs failed him. coats needs to go or really work on his hands in the offseason. Hamilton dropped a td. Rogers fumbled. AB was being doubled, but if hes the best in the game he needs to find a way to get open.

not sure why Ayers wasnt playing, but i put 99% of this loss on the coaches.

18. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The difference to me between Ben and Brady is this :

Brady want to beat you 50-0, Ben wants to rally from behind and beat you 28-27.

Ben loves to revert to sandlot when the play breaks down, Brady abandons the play, and will get em next down

Ben will hang in there and take the hit for the play right now, Brady will throw it away. Brady will be playing well at 40, Ben will done at 37-38.

Brady has thrown 2300 more passes than Ben, and has thrown 8 fewer interceptions

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  19. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I've heard other teams talk about playing them in the preseason and they basically said even then they were all business and were playing like it was the Super Bowl.

20. Scalaid6

Scalaid6 Member

Jan 25, 2017
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I saw him closing his eyes in disappointment. His diva chest thumping wife swapping pot smoking team failing him

22. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    That being the case, how could anybody possibly believe that the Steelers have any desire to ever beat the Patriots? C'mon man.