1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

National Anthem !!!!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by STEELWARRIOR, Jan 22, 2017.

1. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Watching Falcons and Packers game. They announced: Ladies and Gentlemen please stand for the singing of our National Anthem!!! Some guy with a saxophone tooted it !!!! What the crap!!! Why can't we stick to tradition??? Next you know will have a Barbershop Quartet or a Rapper trying to sing it and that's just wrong. Everybody want to put their spin on it leave it alone!!!Sing it the way it was meant to be sung.:facepalm:

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I liked it. Better than listening to some hack screech it. *Roseanne Barr*

3. SteelersWorld

SteelersWorld Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I see nothing wrong with having an accomplished musician perform the Anthem (as opposed to a "singer"). Where it falls off the rails for me is exactly what you said: when these people try to make it there own by changing the basic song structure, tempo, melody, or adding their own "flair". To those people I say F.U. - play the song as it was written, with proper respect and dignity. Pisses me off to no end. This sax rendition did just that. The guy could play, but for me, it sucked horribly. (I'm a 35-year professional musician)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    100 % correct.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't care if you play it on a Kazoo, but play it to the proper beat. Jimmy John's delivers faster than some of them.