1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

More AB Drama...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, Jan 24, 2017.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The most sorta punk thing that I thought AB done was how he acted towards Landry. I just didn't think it was cool to show up your 3rd string qb who basically was thrust into his role because we haven't managed to have a solid backup since Charlie.

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It's been little signs here and there for awhile now though

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    What did he do?

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There was a game where Landry was starting and he was just throwing some pretty bad passes and AB was obviously getting mad. I know there's a lot of "heat of the moment" stuff that happens in competitive environments but AB really should have controlled his emotions better in that instance. Ben Landry is not.

• Like Like x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Which stage of grieving is this considered, anger or bargaining? Time to move on to acceptance.
    AB is really the only consistent 'skill player' on the offense right now.
    Try to imagine this team without him, who takes his place?

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    But AB wants julio type money, 71 million 5 years, but he isnt even close to being a julio type players, julio sheds double coverage and scores TDs, AB gets punked on dink and dunk passes, not physical enough, or tall enough to handle defenders like the big fast julio........

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Steelers can't afford to get rid of A.B. He's here for the long haul.

8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't think AB is going anywhere. But let me ask you this. Is there a player appealing enough in this years' draft that would be worth trading him to a team with a top 5 pick? AB is arguably the best receiver in football so his value will never be higher than it is now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Just youtube Williams AFC Touchdown. I watched it.. AB put his hands in the air to signal touchdown then stormed straight off the field. Hard to tell tbh but I'd take the writers sources and word that he was upset because it's something he would do.

10. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    HAHA! I'd take Brown over pretty much all those guys, especially OBJ! We had basically no consistent number 2 this year and he still produced. We lost in the AFC Championship game for crying out loud! We sound like bungles fans.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ward did pout on the sidelines, wanting to get back in the game when his reception string came to an end in a blowout loss to NE. Just sayin'.....

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Clemsons Mike Williams, 6-3 225 is the top receiver in this years draft, in 2016 he scored 11 TDs and had a 1356 yard season, he is a junior but he plucks the ball in like a magnet, we need to get bigger at wide out and I would trade AB for him in a heart beat..........

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Rogers is essentially a less experienced AB. We just got smacked by a team with a bunch of nobodies at WR. The "best WR" in the game did nothing. We've let Plax, Holmes, Washington, Sanders, etc and many more go. WR is a expendable position especially when you draft/coach them well like the Steelers.

I've always been a fan of making him honor his contract. Give it 1 more year. If he acts like a diva then trade him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    And I think he rightfully had a reason. There were no concussion spotters at that time. He just wanted to play, partially for his stats, sure. But Ward always seemed like he was a team player first. Even when he held out in 2005 it was only for two weeks. He just wanted to get his point across.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I saw that movie. The problem is Kevin Costner ends up tricking us and gets AB and all our draft picks for nothing in return.:icon mrgreen:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Aditi or whatever her name is reported that. I found it on the NFL mobile app last night. Apparently Ben had some words for him on the sideline after the play in question. Also heard a clip with labriola(think it was him) where he said AB is a great receiver, works harder than anyone yada yada, but only cares about two things. AB and touchdowns

17. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    It does seem like Ben spends too much effort keeping him happy. Maybe he needs a location change to fix that bad attitude. Kinda like an addition from subtraction. We gotta do something. The team has to maximize these last few years with Ben.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016

No one knows what Rogers is right now. He has a lot of potential but that doesn't always translate(rarely translates).
    NE is on a different level with what they are able to do with castoff players. No comparison there, and I think Sundays game proved that, considering what Pittsburgh's nobody WR's did.
    Imagine Sanders and AB playing together right now.....
    Great receivers are divas or become divas these days. I blame it on T.O.....

19. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Sounds to me like James Harrison needs to get a hold of his arse and teach him what it means to be a team player. Then pass him along to the O line. If that does not work then send him and his stats to the browns they still won't be able to win.

20. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    There's lots of dots out there. Post-gazette article about Ben telling AB to shut up. Other teammates calming him down. Tomlin addressing him last year over his personal stats.

His comment over his locker room video saying " I got caught up on the monent was a flat out lie." He has a a nice marketing deal with Facebook. He was commenting on the massive amount of followers on that feed. Caught up in the moment and I'm disappointed in his decision but doing it for personal gain,money , and now I'm angry...... Team should be first !!!!

He's very talented and a top 3 NFL WR but not celebrating another teammates TD and pouting instead is borderline the proverbial " the straw that broke the camels back"!!!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Now it sounds like Ben isn't 100% in anymore. I'll stand by my statement in this thread earlier this morning, "where there's smoke, there's fire!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    In this video I don't see 'Brown storm straight off the field'. When the camera angle changes I see AB making his way over to DWill.
    I do see several other players leaving the field without congratulating DWill, including Ben. Nothing to see hear.

• Like Like x 1
  23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    AB is a great player, there's no denying that, but he's a bit of a product of the system. I also have little respect for him despite the talent he does have. He's just not my kind of player. I loved Ward and he represented what I think the Steelers are, but Brown is just a selfish punk.

I would either trade him this off season or I'd make him ride out his contract, then I'd tag him once or maybe even twice. After that I'd let him walk. He'll be getting old at that point anyway. Bryant is good enough to take over the #1 role if he can stay on the field. On top of that, we can bring in a #2 guy in free agency. Atlanta did wonders by bringing in some depth guys. That really has taken pressure off of Matt Ryan and Julio and allowed that offence to blow up. Bryant can be the #1 guy and then have some solid players around him to take the heat off both him and Ben.

We don't need Brown and I think trading him away and using those picks on defence would make our team better without Brown than with him

24. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I honestly never thought I would be saying this, but there is a chance we don't extend him. I doubt highly we trade him, despite what happened on Sunday, we are a championship caliber team.Getting Heyward and Bryant back, adding playoff experience to our young team and Ben's window is closing, we need to make the push now. Brown has one more year on his extremely reasonable contract, and we will take advantage of that. But with his issues cropping up, and getting up there in years, it just isn't smart money. Despite what some people say Ward had his issues too, he was pretty Diva in his own way.

25. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    We have heard this before from AB, and it always seems to work out.

I do find it interesting that Ben is suddenly talking retirement. I can't help but wonder why, but if this is true and he may retire, then we should trade AB now. We don't have anyone who can get him the ball so we need to move on.