1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

More AB Drama...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, Jan 24, 2017.

1. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I know this may have been mentioned the other day, but now it's made its way to the media. Multiple sources are starting to mention that the front has voiced concern that AB is too worried about himself.

I don't know guys, if the front office is voicing concern, there's more to it than some of you care to admit about it "being normal for a WR." I know everyone wants to look good with their stats, that's normal, but if the Rooneys are noticing it, that's very concerning!

Pair that with what I happened to come across this morning, one scouts analysis of him coming out of college, and dots are being connected...

Attached Files:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Take out the "has prima donna attitude" and they didn't get a single thing right.

Do you have links about the front office? Just like to read it for myself because that would give me pause.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Wow, he's really doing that in the AFC Championship game!!?

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    a true test of their feelings for AB84 will come this offseason when or if, a contract extension is discussed. If an extension is not offered, they may be willing to part ways when his contract ends.

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe we could find a good college lacrosse player to replace him? :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    He does seem very upset when he's not filling up the stat sheet. I've noticed that. Dude is starting to rub me the wrong way. His new contract is gonna cripple us too, He's a great WR, but he's not in the realm of Julio, OBJ, AJ Green, Hopkins IMO. Ben and the offensive scheme have inflated his stats for sure. IF he stays i hope the cap hit doesn't kill us. Man i wish bryant wasn't a big question mark, really have no choice but to sign AB

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    And more so, can you imagine how he's gonna handle if Green and Bryant come back next year and are getting looks?!?!?!?!

I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't be a bad idea to see if they can get multiple 1st round picks for him...

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    no kidding! Don't even get me started on that rant again! :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  9. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
  10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bob Labriola said he felt like Tomlin basically took a shot across the bow to him in his presser after the video fiasco by saying something like "If he wants to be here going forward..." or something like that.

11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Or some good enough guys to defend against college lacrosse players even?:facepalm:

• Like Like x 4
  12. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Call Cleveland, I'll take their 1st round picks the next 2-3 years and Pryor. I picked him in our fantasy league because I had a hunch that he was going to be a beast. Could you imagine him with Ben?!

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I'll take nobodies that play hard and with heart over divas any day. Like rogers, ayers, Jesse James etc.

Pats have tons of nobodies. They shut up and do their assignment

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Like I've been saying he's not getting an extension. His antics the past week solidified that. Steelers don't pay receivers and especially not about to hand him the money he wants with how he's been acting. So either he mans up next season or pulls a Wallace and throws our season. Then he will be with the Dolphins. The writing has been on the wall for awhile now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I know one thing, I'm starting to have a really hard time at the thought of investing $75-80 million into him

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes, his comment was something along the lines of "that's why players bounce around from team to team" or something to that effect.

18. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Fair enough.

Where there's smoke, there's fire...and there's been smoke since Kansas City. The bull$*** pass to AB as time expired in KC game instead of chucking it to endzone, checking out of a run inside the 5 to AB for an INT...I'm just connecting the dots that are in front of me

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Part of the issue may be that he's apparently being "mentored" by Primetime along with several other players, OBJ among them. Sanders is the ultimate diva who's all about himself!

20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben had to console AB after that. Ben constantly forces throws to him to keep him happy.

Ward didn't do that ****.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I almost feel like AB adds extra pressure to Ben as well, thus making Ben try to force feed into double coverage...trying to inflate those stats so he doesn't pout on the bench. He's messing up the rotation man. I'm not hating just making some observations. Rogers looks special he should get as many looks as he can, and like stated above once MB comes back and Rogers gets another training camp under his belt he will be a force. On the flip side, those guys could open the field up for AB as well so who knows.

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Pryor does not want to play in Pittsburgh and has said so on multiple occasions. Because he's from the area and doesn't want the distractions.

If they are exploring trades, the LA Rams would be an option. At least it would be NFC

• Like Like x 1
  23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    If we don't keep AB, are there any receivers out there in the draft that look good?

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Id like to see video of this or any kind of interview. People getting up in arms over something Aditi witnessed from afar.

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    when the head coach has to say something to him and it's put in text, the front office knows about it. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1