1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Smith Takes Out Ad In Post Gazette

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Mar 11, 2012.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What a superior human being....

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    What a great guy. Not only tough and loyal, but appreciative too.

Sadly, his kind is a dying breed. Many people could learn from him. If we had more men like him, the world would be a better place.

And if we had 22 more players like him, we'd be talking about a Ten-peat. ;)

He always seemed like a quiet warrior to me. He's been one of my favorites for over a decade, and one of my all-time favorite players. When someone asks you, "who represents what Steeler football is all about," we have plenty of names to point to, and Aaron is without a doubt on the short list.

4. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    BAD TO THE BONE!!!!! MAD RESPECT TO YOU MR. SMITH!!!

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm about to :cry:

Hall of Fame player and Hall of Fame guy. Shouldn't be news to anyone. He should be on everyone's short list for favorite Steelers of all time. He's definitely on mine. Hope we don't forget what a great player he was just because he doesn't make the actual Hall of Fame.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:

Enjoy your life, Aaron! :hello:

6. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No, Aaron.... THANK YOU!

8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    That was an emotional piece. Props to Peter King in seeing through the hype smoke to see what Aaron brings to the position.
    Never flashy, a lunchpale guy who brought the heat every game. A smart player with natural talent. Never to be duplicated. Or forgotten.
    Aaron Smith is a great human being. And a great player.
    One of my favorite Steelers of all time and will be to the end.

9. Edson Cardona

Edson Cardona Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    SPANISH:
    Gracias Aaron por el ejemplo que nos das, por mostrarnos como poner el corazón en nuestro trabajo diario. GRACIAS TOTALES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Good Luck Big Guy!!! you were my favorite steeler. God Bless 91 you will be missed. thanks for the memories. :towel: :cool:

11. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Awesome show of class.

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    What a total class act. Smith epitomizes what a Steeler is to me. I wish him and his family the absolute best in their future.
    That video may cause sudden eye allergy symptoms...be warned. :cry:

13. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    All I can say is WOW!! :cry: :applaud: :amen: We love you too man....WOW!!

14. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Damn I m gonna miss that guy. Its too bad many people didn't realize how great he was until late in his career.

Thanks for the years Aaron. Good luck with the rest of your life.

15. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    When I posted the link about the letter, it was late at night and hadn't watched the video. That video was incredible and shows what a giant heart this man has. Mr. Smith.. you are the definition of class and dedication. I'm very proud to be part of your SteelerNation!!

16. GravelGod

GravelGod Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Had the pleasere of speaking to him at a Steeler training camp a few years ago, a true class act. The Steelers can only hope that some of his characture, class, and tallent has rubbed off on some of the younger players. Its good to know his story is being shared just too bad it comes at thr end of his career.

17. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Class act doesn't do him justice.

18. jftwist

jftwist Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Here is a nice Aaron Smith story. Back in 2006 I spent a day at St. Vincent's watching training camp. They had some porta-johns set up that some of the fans had access too for some reason. I think the fans were on the sideline because they were part of the Steelers fan club, but anyway, Aaron Smith walked over to the porta-john and knocked on the door. You could hear the little sweet old lady inside say "I'm in here". About 30 seconds or so later he knocked again and got the same "I'm in here" response. As the onlooking fans watched, 30 - 40 seconds had passed before he knocked a third time. Needless to say she was quite irritated now saying "I said I'm in here" as she flung the door open to see #91 staring down at her with a huge smile on his face. She was shocked. Aaron gave her a quick hug before he stepped in to use the porta-john himself. I'll remember that story forever.

19. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    class act proud to call him a steeler

20. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    If you want you can put the link underneath the link in the original post, so the people clicking on this for the first time can see that easier and more people can view it.

21. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Peter King had it right; I'm going to miss seeing #91 on the field. Great video, to boot.

22. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    That letter brought a tear to my eye. However, if he wants to thank each of us personally, he better save up his frequent flyer miles. Steeler Nation is EVERYWHERE! I can't wait until he stops by my house in Cleveland to say his thank you!

23. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Thank you 91 you are what makes our team great! This letter should be read to every rookie who gets the honor to join the Steelers. They should understand this is what a Pittsburgh Steeler is; not some glory hound like you see on other teams.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Awesome Steeler and overall great human being. This is why it's annoying when people say things like "he's done, stick a fork in him" "see ya, next please". We aren't management, we have no official roll in the organization, we're fans and that allows us to wear our emotions on our sleeves and appreciate and honor the players who gave their all; blood, sweat and tears. The great ones like Hines and Smith, show them respect and raise your glass; thank you Aaron Smith :drinks:

25. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wish I lived in the burgh to buy this news paper... Damn!!!