1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Divisional Round Predictions

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steel_Elvis, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Time to make our predictions for this weekend's games:

Atlanta 30, Seattle 26
    If Earl Thomas were playing, I might take Seattle here. Without Thomas, Ryan will be able to put up points. Atlanta doesn't have a stout defense, but Seattle's weak offensive line will prevent them from scoring enough to keep up. I think it will be a fun game.

New England 34, Houston 7
    I would give Cleveland a better chance of winning in Foxboro in a regular season game than I give Houston of winning there in the postseason. For Houston to have a prayer, they would need to knock Brady out of the game early and Osweiler would have to develop a clue overnight (or even better, Houston could switch to Savage before Brock digs too deep of a hole). Houston has a very good defense, but even the best defense will break down when their offense can't stay on the field.

Dallas 28, Green Bay 24
    I think this is the toughest game to pick. Jordy Nelson has been ruled out, and I see that as being just enough to slow Rodgers down enough to allow Dallas to hold serve at home. There's really no result that would surprise me in this one other than a Dallas blowout win.

Steelers 27, Chiefs 13
    Am I wearing rose colored glasses? Am I being a homer? Or, am I just being a disrespectful poopy head to KC? I feel very good about this game. I just don't see KC having what it takes to get it done in weather conditions that favor our QB and running game, and disfavor their QB who hasn't been as effective in the cold. In my view, the only way for the Chiefs to win is for us to make key mistakes to give away the game. I don't see that happening.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'll play
    Steelers 23 Chiefs 20
    Packers 30 Dallas27
    Seattle 27 Atlanta 24
    Pats BOO 37 Texans 17

3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    seattle 31 falcons 28
    texans 24 ne 21
    pack 24 dallas 17
    steelers (whatever i have in the score prediction thread)

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    3 out of 4 ain't bad should have put my steeler prediction in Steeler pool run by KY.