1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts Headed To KC....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers89, Jan 8, 2017.

1. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    We are 8 games into our table run. The Steelers will win and cover the spread of either 2 or 3 points. If I were still betting this year I would bet the Steelers to win and the over. I would bet both big.

2. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Crowd will be a definite factor. Local radio guys asking Chief fans to buy up the tickets otherwise there will be more than the 10,000 steeler fans there that they expect. If we do what we do and suffer no major injuries during the game, I like our chances and I hope that we remain the underdog on the points spread.

But we must not allow Smith to run because he will and can pick up lots of key third down conversions!
    Also, if our punter kicks the ball to Hill, he should not be allowed on the flight back home and released as soon as the game is over or heck, even during the game!

3. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Gotta watch for screen passes and Smith will take all the short passes the steelers give him. No threat to throw down field.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do not let Tyreek Hill beat you, and our OL has to be able to run block their DL
    we do this we have a good chance of moving on.

5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Do NOT have Timmons out in space covering anyone! Especially Kelse!

The run D of the Chiefs is their weakness so a lot of Bell should be in order. The loss of Derick Johnson was big for them. They have monster pass rushing from Houston, Ford and Hali and a upper class secondary with the dangerous Marcus Peters.

With Dupree and Harrison playing out of their minds I see a lot of pressure coming Smith's way.

It's going to be a Defensive battle but I feel the Chiefs just don't have enough offense in which the Steelers have more then enough...

6. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    The one stat that worries me is Andy Reid's record when given an extra week to prepare
    16-2 after a bye week
    4-0 with a post season bye

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    The only thing that worries me about this game is That Tomlin knows if they do not turn ball over they will win and that might make him conservative. Steelers should not lose a game at this point in season by anybody either named Brady or Rodgers. Steelers are by far the more talented team and should just go in there and prove it. Mike fatasscesa was on saying how bad the steelers defense was against Miami. The steelers defense was fast the other day and wreaked havok when Miami got inside the 30 yd line. Cockerell did look horrible the other day and that might have me worried against pats but not chiefs.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    About due for a loss then?

• Like Like x 1
  9. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    To stop Hill, our kickers need a longer hang time for the kickoff team to get down field, Boswell doesnt have a big leg to get the hang time or get the ball in the endzone consisstantly which creates another problem in a shorter return field, i'm afraid our STs are at a big disadvantage in this game, as well our kick return yardage is probably last in the league, this is a big problem for us and could be the game changer we need that we dont have....

11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Also I will add Reid's playoff record with the Chief's... 1-2!!!! I keep hearing about his great playoff record after a bye.....blah blah blah! This is his 4th season with KC he made the playoffs 2 out of the 3 previous and a 1-2 record. RPO, this is not directed at you just building off your post, I am pretty sick of hearing about his record after a bye. No matter what I hear or watch that is what they are talking about, well here it is people as a Cheif he is 1-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not taking anything away from him as a coach he is a good one but the media is making him out to be some kind of super coach after a bye week. Whatever throw all that out and lets not for get this is the playoffs where he has a total record of 11-11....just sayin! :cool:

12. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    It demonstrates the added value he gets out of an extra week of preparation

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Going to have to kick it and punt it to 1 side and keep our speed on the wide side ...Hill may still make some good returns , but we can't give this guy a 2 way go ....We will need DHB on the wide side and he should actually lay back some and play contain ...He is the only guy we have that can run with Hill ....

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes I get that but hog wash on that stat. How many of them games were vs a playoff caliber team? Regular season bye and playoff byes are two different things. Did I mention he is 1-2 in the playoffs with KC and 11-11 overall????? Again not being directed at you more the media and the ones bring this stat up.........TIME AFTER TIME!!!!! Did I say he was 1-2 with KC??????? :shrug:

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree Hill is a scary weapon and I am worried, worried enough for me to say screw it punt it out of bounds and try to kick off away from him. I am fine with the little advantage they will get with this in field position as long as that stops Hill from being the reason they beat us.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If we had more hang time we would be a lot better off..The punts and kicks just don't stay up long enough..

17. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Chiefs I'll keep saying it have a pretty good history of losing playoff games at Arrowhead Stadium. They just don't win there for whatever reason. I think the formula the Chiefs have used to win a lot of their games this season with getting turnovers and special teams TD is just not gonna be enough in this game to beat an offense as good as the Steelers. Alex Smith and the Chiefs offense is going to have to score a lot of points in this game to win I feel and I just don't know if they can do it. I'm not convinced they can.

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Chiefs beat teams with stellar special teams, and lead the league in forcing turnovers. just checked stats and we are kinda even lol. kc points scored/allowed= 13/7 steelers=10/10

pit red zone d=4th
    kc red zone d= 5th

pit scoring red zone= 12
    kc scoring red zone=30th

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure why that gets under your skin :lolol:

Andy Reid is a damn good coach and this is going to be a tough fought game. I doubt we get a repeat of the first meeting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Maybe it won't matter if we get off to a start like last week..........

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Lmao.....I by no means am taking anything away from Reid as a head coach. I think he is a good one and I think we will have our hands full this week. What bothers me is the week off stat, a bye week in the season is a ton different then a bye week in the playoffs. You know in the playoffs you are facing a good team after a bye week, not so much in the regular season. Like I said Sirius radio, espn, fox, cbs nfl channel it don't matter. When they talk about this game the bye week record is one of the things they mention right away, it bugs the **** out of me. I am not worried about Reid's bye week record I am worried about Hill...Kelce...Smith running out of the pocket.....their fast defense.....our special teams....BEN...Arrowhead...... ok rant over...lol.:smiley1:

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Absolutely cant let Hill beat us. Those kickoff/punt returns for TDs are killers.

As for the bye week stuff, another way of looking at it is we are rolling and they are cold having not played in 2 weeks.

Really wish we had a healthy Green for this game though. Would be a wrinkle the Chiefs didn't face last game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I like the way you think, kid.

24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I feel you, but ... have you looked at Tomlin's playoff record over the past five seasons? :facepalm:

That said, though, GO STEELERS!!
    :towel:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    have you looked at the playoff opponents??? I was just wondering who they were. Records are only as good as who you played. Everyone is bragging about how well KC has done in there wins at Denver, Atlanta, and 2 Oakland games. However, they also lost to the titans and bucs, and just barely beat the panthers. I'd say we had a tougher schedule the last 7 weeks of the season and we didn't lose once. I guess if we stop the run game and keep kelce from beating us deep we should get a win this week. I sure hope so. I am driving 12 hours from ND to watch the game in the rain. Can't wait though!!!!