1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's face it, it's Ben / Tomlin "clunker time".

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steeler guru, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We will NOT see a Steelers offensive clunker Sunday. This is the first time for the big 3 to play together in the postseason, and it's going to happen on their home field. While this team has had some rough patches in games we were expected to win, those were regular season games. The offense will be ready, focused and dangerous. The most likely chance for Miami to prevail is for injuries to do us in, just like they benefitted from in the first game. Stay healthy and aggressive, and we advance.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    daggone right

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I was at the game back in I think 92 when Woodson had the Kickoff return (or maybe it was a punt)for a touchdown.
    We won 27-3. It was awesome.

Are you going to the playoff game?

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    You go to a lot of steeler chiefs games right? Live in kc?

5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Guru so negative I think I just might be positive.

WE STEAMROLL MIAMI 27-24

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ben played well enough to win his last playoff game in Denver. I was worried about going into Indy in the divisional round in 05 but we found a way to win that one. We were down 21-3 vs the Ravens in 2010, came back and won that game and ended up representing the AFC in the SB. Even with the dominance of the 08 team it still had its flaws. We had a very patched together line and a RB in Parker coming off an injury that would turn him into a shell of his former self. Ben should have been the MVP of that game. His sole pick was a tip ball gift to Arizona. This team has its flaws. It's no different that our previous SB teams

7. Guest

Guest Guest

This thread is funny. People going cray cray. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

All the more reason the anxiety and fear regarding a rematch against a team that is different is hilarious.

To say Sunday's win is surefire is not guaranteed, but to say we will lose due to previous history is silly.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015

27-24 isn't a steamroll! But your score prediction sounds about right. If Tomlin has the team ready, Steelers win. If not............miami

• Like Like x 1
  10. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    How is it silly? Everybody here knows that the Steelers are known to clunk games that they should win. I'm not exposing a revelation here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015

I think some of these people are funny, too.

Every Steeler fan, at least the longtime fans, are aware that Tomlin's teams tend to play to the competition, and they lose a lot of games they are supposed to win.

It just seems like Tomlin doesn't bother to get the team focused on games we're supposed to win, and we go in flat and play uninspired and lose.

I'm merely making the observation that we are expected to win this game, and Ben missed a week which usually results in poor play, and when that happens we usually have a clunker game.

There are a lot of reasons we should win this game. The Dolphins starting QB is out with an injury, their star RB is nursing a shoulder, the Dolphins are coming north into a cold climate, we are at home, etc.

So naturally everybody expects a Steeler win. But Tomlin teams have a history of blowing these types of games. Steeler fans say it all the time. We know this.

But if you make a thread about it, suddenly it isn't true. IT IS CRAZY!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    The steelers will play and either win or lose. That is correct.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Guru is reverse jinxing lol

14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    After Sunday it will be an 8 game win streak. No doubt about it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015

I actually thought about that before I made the post. If "I" say it, then it won't happen. But if I didn't say it, it would happen.
    I just didn't have the term "reverse jinxing" in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I disagree on most of this. The '08 and '10 teams could stop the run and short to intermediate passes while causing 3 and outs for opposing offenses. This current defense can't do that consistently, yet. The worst player on the '08 defense... CB Bryant McFadden was better than anybody in our current secondary.

I agree with you on the O-line... this current O-line is much better than the one we had in '08, even though they commit many pre-snap, drive-killing penalties. Plus... Willie Parker was awesome, but Le'Veon Bell is on a whole different level of excellence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben made up for that O line. Ben was mobile, could shed tackles, and was on money for the most part. Although he did have suckage games, but most qb's do.

18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I remember you saying you were sick? Hope we get that #7 man and you see it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Since I agree with everything you just said, that's a great analysis.

20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Thank you Steeler Garu. What years RVN?
    Lima 3/4 March 1967 to April 1968. 60 MM Mortars
    H&S 81 Plt. August 1968 to May. 1969 for Relad
    Re-enlisted August 1970 retired June 1996
    Semper Fi!!

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    How about it being the playoffs? That's motivation enough. If they can't get up for a playoff game they never will. I agree let's not think we're going to lose and think we've got this. The Dolphins are an overachieving team this year. I know cause I live in FL and have to watch them almost every Sunday. They've been terrible for decades. We should handle them at home. We do play up to and down to competition but like I said it's the playoffs. I don't see us going in unprepared and rusty. I see us going into the playoffs on a 7 game winning streak and everyone's healthy! Go Steelers!

22. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    I hope so too. I died and was revived at Rapid Regional Hospital on Aug.30th, and they put me in the VA hospice here at Fort Meade [sturgis s.d.] on September 1st and gave me less than 6 months to live. I have a 100% clogged right coronary artery, a 90% clogged left "widowmaker" artery, and my 3rd main artery is 80 to 90% clogged. I can feel the progression, I got bad pain all the time and breathing is real hard. I'm wheelchair bound, so I just sit here watching football and messing around on the computer all day.
    I'm hoping to make it to super sunday and see the Steelers play the Giants or Detroit, or better yet, Green Bay.

• Like Like x 2
  23. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    Delta Company 1/9 [the walking dead]. 0351 Flamethrower, then 0331 M-60 machine gunner.

I used to do that Rambo thing waaaay before Rambo. I'd go bareback and have 1000 rounds of ammo belts hanging around my neck and shot my links free-style. I was a barrel melter.

You get like that when your first job is Flamethrower and you get called on to burn people alive, knowing that if a bullet hits the tanks on your back it means that you are going to burn alive. I was happy they took that job from me.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I sure hope the Steelers can get to the super bowl for you. Maybe, since they read this message board, they could get you some tickets!

25. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    I couldn't make the trip. It would kill me. And who would want that attention anyway? I lay in my hospital bed and watch football. ANY stress nearly kills me. When Ben throws a pick I got to change the station and push the button for the nurse to bring me some nitro and morphine. I just can't handle any emotion, I almost died when one of the little ones in my family told me she loved and and blew me a kiss on the phone.
    You get real emotional when you are dying, and when you get emotional your blood pressure rises and your heart beats faster, and I can't have that.
    My family is in PA. right outside the burg, and I like it like that. I just want to be left alone and die quietly when my time comes. I'm actually kind of excited about making the journey into the next life. I practice total forgiveness because I figure that happens there, and you are only forgiven by the same measure you forgive. You need to be on the same team as everybody else in the huddle, ya know?

P.S. if any steeler players DO read this board, I'd like you to know that I was just funnin about the clunker.................................actually, I wasn't. You know how you guys do sometimes.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 4