1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's face it, it's Ben / Tomlin "clunker time".

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steeler guru, Jan 1, 2017.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It's Troll time.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Did I mention Ben only plays bad when coming back for injury? :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Horse Hockey

• Like Like x 2
  4. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015

Glenn, you know dang well whats gonna happen this Sunday, better to be honest with yourself than delude yourself, then be all angry and frustrated when you knew it was coming deep down in your heart.

5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Woah Glenn!!.... You mean....

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:rawk::rawk::rawk::rawk:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    change it to

OBVIOUSLY HAVE

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Is the squeaky toy okay? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  8. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
  9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I don't know how you could classify Ben's Super Bowl 43 performance as weak.

Besides that, the defense was playing great before losing Tuitt on the third play of the Bengals game. They scrambled to make it work without him...then also lost Matthews. That is the biggest reason why the Bengals, Ravens, and Browns had such success running the ball. I think with Tuitt back and working with the LBs on shoring up gap responsibilities this week, Ajai will be contained. Look at how we stuffed Buffalo's #1 rush offense.

I think Moore may very well throw for 300, but it will be because they are trailing by two scores for much of the game.

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

After which comes the famous "Steelers fans" ethos:

Blame Tomlin!!

11. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012

hell
    they blamed Tomlin for XL too
    how does Tomlin not have the youngest qb ever in the super bowl play better than he did
    recalculous

12. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015

The point of the thread is that it is clunker time because we are "supposed to win". That's what makes a clunker a clunker.

A clunker can't be a clunker against KC, or NE, because we won't be favored or it is a pick em game. A clunker only happens if you lose to a team you were expected to beat, and play bad.

13. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    Cowher was the HC for super bowl XL.

14. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    when he won with Knolls guys
    thats right

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I see what you mean, guru. The early line I saw had us favored by 10 this week. I just think this team has gone against the trend of playing down to the competition this year. I think Philly is the only loss to a losing team and they finished 7-9.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm not so sure we won't be favored over KC, if we get that far. NE, nah.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I agree, jeh. We may be favored at Arrowhead. Only thing that scares me is that little Tyrek Hill returning a punt or a kickoff or taking a screen pass or end around to the house against us. Or some combination of those things. He's lightning in a bottle.

18. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    and we all know our ST are sucky

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015

Why would we be favored at KC, they have a better record. I agree with you on Tyreek Hill, When he has the ball it looks like everybody else is running in slow motion. The chiefs have kept him on the down low all season, and you know he is gonna get a lot of touches in the playoffs.
    If we and KC make it to a game with each other, the chiefs should be favored.
    They have that new multi million dollar heated field now, so weather and field conditions won't be a factor, and Tyreek Hill will be fast.
    KC has an excellent defense, especially their DB's.

20. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The only team that Ben can't have a clunker against is NE. Miami might as well check out now, Bell will dominate that game. KC lol, we put up 43 on them in the regular season. Ben threw 5 td's in that game. Tuitt and DHB are back, Jarvis Jones got a sack and a FF. There's something special bout to happen here.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    THEN I SUPPOSE THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO WATCH THE GAME, RIGHT! GOOD LORD HAVE SOME DAMN CONFIDENCE!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015

I hope you're right. KC started slow and we got them in a funk.
    We had a bad patch too, and got spanked in a funk.
    KC's sackmaster LB Houston is going to be back if and when we play them, and Tyreek Hill has got his game on too. A Steeler vs KC game should be a game of the year type game.

23. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Don't think that we will waltz right into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs. I've been to several Steeler games at Arrowhead and for some unknown reason, the Steelers historically never play well there...look it up! That's why I was hoping that the Chargers would've of beaten the Chiefs! The fact that we beat the Chiefs in a laugher the fourth game of the season means absolutely nothing!!!

24. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    Ben doesn't play well if he misses a start or a week from a bye. Ben doesn't really play well in playoff games. When we are expected to win the players don't play hungry. We are on a 7 game streak, and due for a clunker. Tomlin doesn't get them up for teams we are expected to beat. Our DL is really banged up.
    I think everybody is looking past Miami to KC.

I'm going to be watching, just like I have been watching for 50 years. I've been watching the NFL for 60 years, not about to stop now.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  25. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Arrowhead is tough but I fell Bell and the run game will take the life out of that stadium should we get the chance.