1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we being blackballed....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Dec 19, 2016.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I mean referees are standing right there and refuse to throw a flag on a pass interference call followed by a blantant facemask in the end zone.
    Zeek jumps in a barrel, OBJ does the worn with hip thrust right in front of ref and no flags. Just heard today no fine. Brown is made an example of.You lay a finger nail on Brady and you get flagged and fined. You throw Ben to the ground and then head butt him while walking by and Ben has to force the ref to throw a flag. Its more, but too much to type and read. Maybe some others can add to this

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    No. I personally do not think so.

Such incidents happen quite frequently among other teams, not just us. In addition, I am now not 100% certain hiring full time officials are going to solve the current crisis due to the lack of clarity and poor usage of semantics associated with some of these rules (i.e. catch rule, etc., etc.).

..... then again.. according to CincyJungle, the NFL has a "Steelers problem." :roflmao::roflmao:

3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    over come the calls or non calls
    just
    stay focused
    and
    make the haters hate more
    by
    winning another trophy
    or two
    or three

edit
    of course we could negate some calls on us
    simply by not doing some things

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Recipe for disaster wreaking success

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't think it's a conspiracy. The only way 'they' are ever going to get it right 100% of the time is to review everything. The officiating has never been consistent from play to play, game to game, and probably never will be.
    tb.jpg

6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Every team thinks the refs are against them. The last time we played the Bungles the refs blew numerous calls that hurt them and helped us. It's just one of those things. The refs are human and will be inconsistent. We're seeing everything at angles and view points that the refs don't have.

By the way, Zeke was flagged for his TD celebration.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    when i watched the initial replay it looked like the ref looked down at the ball (to see it going to the ground) at the same time his head was being turned. from that i could see how he missed it.

I would like to see it live from his angle. Didn't they have some games with ref cams? That would help to understand how it was missed

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Two years ago I believe.
    Oh god, please don't bring back those stupid ref cams. They were horrible.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Am I happy with the Zebra family? No. Will they make them Full Time? No. They miss calls like Mr. Magoo. Sometimes I wonder what they are looking at. As far as the Steelers go, they commit dumb penalties. Its the obvious missed stuff that is missed againt them that irks me. I'm sure their are certain refs who don't either like certain teams or individuals on a team. The best revenge against these zebras is don't give them a chance to screw it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    If this is the case, their best revenge is to overcome the calls/non-calls and win number 7!

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The refs just suck, that is all :bowdown:

• Like Like x 1
  12. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree the refs are going to make mistakes and all teams think that they are being screwed by them. This is why, why not allow a coach use his challenges to challenge any call. Then, they can see a call was blatantly missed or incorrect. Same reply rules but we can use our challenges for any play not just certain things? Just a thought...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    No we aren't blackballed. I think AB and his celebration fines are something the league is going after intentionally though. Why? Idk.

14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I agree the challenge system is flawed, but are you suggesting a coach could challenge a pass interference or holding call? Or for that matter a coach could challenge a missed pass interference or missed holding call? (facemask, late hit, roughing passer, ect)? I know a lot of what can't be challenged doesn't make sense, but having the ability to challenge everything wouldn't make sense either.
    I never saw the sense in every play (or call) being reviewed automatically in the final 2 miuntes. Why is a play (call) more important with 2 minutes on the clock than a play with 2:01 on the clock? or however many minutes on the clock for that matter, especially in a close game.......

15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The average age of an NFL official is 51 years old. They can't keep up with the speed of the game.

16. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Elliot got the flag for that.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    All the Coaches and players know, that the Refs have made questionable calls all season!!! In this installment of the NFL the team who makes the least mistakes and scores the most points wins the game. Play smart and do your job, because the Refs are the Refs.

18. Griswald

Griswald Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    No, the refs just simply suck.

That is all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    One thing to keep in mind...is there's is a tally/score sheet, that is kept on each Refereeing group calling a game. They receive this score based on how good/ bad they call that game. If there is questionable calls or miscalls by the Refs or if the game gets chippy and gets out of hand and they can't seem to keep control of the game the Refs group gets points deducted. If they maintain a low percentage as a Refs group they can't be consider for Playoff games or for that matter the Superbowl. Mind boggling!!

20. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Still getting paid!!!

21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The official threw the flag into the kettle, with Elliott ;).

22. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Sometimes you got to beat the team your playing and beat the ref's bad calls by beating the team bad enough to make up for any bad calls. :shrug:

23. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I understand the logic behind wanting every play to be open for challenge, however can you imagine how long a game would take if this were the case. I guess I'm old enough to remember when there was no challenge. It was fun to a degree that both teams and the refs had an affect on the outcome. You knew the questionable call was coming, you only hoped that it was in your teams favor.

24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Anyone else think Terry's wrists look bigger than his elbows?

25. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    We have the benefit of slow motion replay. Live on the spot action is difficult to see everything, they focus on one area looking for interference but the facemasks both got missed. Sorry, they can only replay it in their head how they see it. No conspiracy here, it's a high pressure job that relies on fast processing of information with their eyes. Yeah great, if they could look up at a jumbo tron they'd catch a lot more but they'd also probably take some calls back.