1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers tell AB to stop with celebration penalties

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We are not good enough to give up potential run backs ...We are missing some key players on ST'S and if we keep kicking longer than we should we are going to get 1 run back....The NFL should not have a problem with it, but they do so AB should not do it knowing it's going to hurt the Team...

3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    First of all....I think it's a bunch of bs anyway about his celebrations. The refs should concentrate more on getting the calls right during the game then after a score. And second, decastro penalties have hurt this team more then all the celebrations of Brown. The reason why the league get away with this bull is because fans and players allow them to. First it was Deebo...then it was Ward...and now its Brown.We have become a weak fan base and this league has been watered down to almost no substance. Stand up and back your your team...your players. All throughout Brady's battles with Goodell....their fans never turn on him and he was in the wrong. There....my vent is over

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

good post
    a nice view

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It's not quite that simple. I agree that the celebration rules have gotten to the BS point, and the NFL should be focusing on other stuff. However, the rules are what they are, and players and teams need to behave within the rules, whether or not the rules are BS. The fact is that AB's celebrations have been outside the BS rules, and enforcement of those rule violations hurts us. You play the cards that you're dealt.

6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Rules? Really?! The steelers always take the road. We do play the cards that we are dealt. If there was some consistency in the game then I wouldn't have a problem with " the rules". I've seen players that have celebrated the same way or worst the AB and never even generated a flag ..let alone a fine. Hand slapping your teammate is a penalty now...really? I believe in playing by the rules but being harassed is a whole different thing

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ben says he feels that Brown is unfairly targeted during higher profile games as opposed to less televised games. so there is that.

8. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    bottom line

just don't do it
    hand the ball to the ref
    and
    obviously

get ready to

GO FOR TWO

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    yeah, until they change the rules, just hand it off. They may let you get away with it a few times, but they're going to pop you on it at the most inopportune time!

10. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    the most recent penalty was on Bell not Brown

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If the refs. really want to make the games great they need to officiate better than opposed to being the deciding factor of the game.

Part of the issue now with refs. is that they can now dictate a game more than ever before. Yes, they were able to do this previously, but not to the degree they can now.

12. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I don't know how NFL.com recorded it in their play-by-play, but the referee called it on "numbers 84 and 26."

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I looked at the video and still Don't deem it worth of a flag. Maybe Brown should've tossed the ball to the ref before celebration?! Still ridiculous!!

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I say they should just do it on the sideline. Problem solved. Willy Gay got stupid penalties like this too last year I believe it was. He got on the ground and crawled to Joey Porter for one of his picks and he got flagged on his next pick as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    But didn't that take place on the sideline?

17. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    No. He laid down on the field and started belly crawling over to Joey Porter. I can't remember who was calling the game but they even talked about how stupid of a penalty it was for Gay to do that. Might have been Dan Fouts but I can't remember.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, that was a dumb one. His other dance cracks me up.

19. Natalie

Natalie Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Yep...one of my best friends is the white hat for high school in my County.

Besides my son's play etc...he loved that he would just hand the ball off.

That said...I think it's a stupid call if it's not excessively long and arrogant so to speak.

I didn't think any of his were.

20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    My son is 9 and really fell in love with the NFL this year. He was in the living room the other night showing me multiple new celebration moves/dances that he has been coming up with. I told him that the best one he hasn't even shown me yet. He said, what is it? I told him throw me the ball. He did, I walked back and gently handed it back to him. He looked at me like I was from a different planet.

I told him it's the best one ever. It's called, act like you been there before.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    There was copious dancing in the end zone, and I think other players joined in. I was cracking up, but the refs weren't.

22. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I'm really not fussed with the celebrations, I am a fully signed up member of the 'No Fun League' theory. What I have an issue with is twerking. YOU ARE A GROWN MAN!!! Twerking is for Beyonce and 9 year old girls who want to be Beyonce

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like AB's game as well as I have any Steeler superstar in the past 40 years, but
    I wish he would tone down on the celebrations. He is too good of player to be acting
    like that. Give the ball to the ref and get ready for the next play.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    IMO the rule is stupid, but it's the rule and these guys need to knock it off.
    I know what Brown and Bell did was against the rules, but really that shouldn't be a flag. I think the league takes a look at the rule in the offseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    While these fruits are in the end zone tip-toeing thru the tulips, they should be required to put on ballet tu tu's. The cheerleaders could hand them out.