1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So............

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know about point totals but adding another weapon can't hurt. One more thing for a defense to game plan for and worry about.

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think if the rust and comfort would have came back to Ben before 10 minutes left to go in the game we would have came back. The coaches should have abandoned the run earlier though.

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I cannot argue that and hope that is the case. Another weapon is not a bad thing...and I don't have a problem with Green, I was hoping he came here in the offseason when all the Miller retirement talk started.

• Like Like x 1
  4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lance

Lance Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Not giving up on my Steelers , but I have lost faith in the coaching staff . Fire them all except Munchacj and start over in hopes of a Super Bowl next year . we have given the current staff many opportunities to get their stuff together but failed time after time .

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This sounds a bit more like Shazier's kamikaze style than Mitchell "Hulk Smash" one.

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    And honestly it's not just abandoning the run as much as it was making higher percentage passes. I mean we couldn't do anything in the passing game and instead of actually getting in a rhythm we just kept slinging it 40 yards downfield in to double coverage and everything else. Just no rhyme or reason to anything we were doing. The feast or famine stuff is just super annoying.

9. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh yeah I can't stand when Ben chucks it 40 yards downfield on 3rd down when he has a guy wide open for the first.

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Just looks like BA ball again really. The thing that I've loved about Haley is his scheme and play calling has always been much more methodical but lately it just seems to be much more of a caution to the wind approach. I realize we have to keep the d honest but good grief man. We can't establish anything consistently here lately.

11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I am officially giving up on this season. Not on the steelers but on us having a good season. The season was over for me in Miami. You can't expect people to be more then they are...and Tomlin has proven to be a mediocre coach from day one. I tried to support him, but you have to ask yourself...of this was a coach for another team... Would you grade him as a good coach or bad coach? Given all the talent he has had over the years...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I have no praise for Mitchell, I'll leave it at that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I never stated such either.

Mitchell has been sound.. but has not been accumulating the splash plays he was doing a year ago.

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Yeah like that is supposed to be a pacifier for this melt down, and dont over look the fact they never lost 3 games in a row last season either, thats a red flag......

15. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A missed tackle and a poor angle by our best so called Safety and then another poor angle by our FS all on the same play .....This is a common theme and it won't be fixed because that is as good as they are ... We have a poor defense we have to own that ... The Ravens are near the bottom of the NFL in Offensive weapons little to no running game a speedster and father time at WR and we can't stop them ? You probably don't want to watch what Dallas is going to do to this Defense ....

16. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The game plan was atrocious. Again. We come in with one and stick with it come hell or high water. We have a bunch of weapons and this is the offensive game plan we put together?

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben struggles when teams play zone and double AB, that's what the Ravens and Bengals do when they play the Steelers.

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    When does Ben ever play up to par when coming back from injury?

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Never exactly wht we need a real bu QB , we can't trust the one we have and Ben can't win either coming back early ..We need a real QB who can play 6 or 8 games if needed and have faith that he can win ...It is time for us to draft a QB early in the draft...

20. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    General question for the thread: How would you have taken it if Tomlin had sat Ben in the 2nd quarter, given the reins to Landry for the rest of the half, and let Ben think about it and come back out to start the 2nd half?

In general, the defense did well. The offense couldn't get it together. Even when Ben did get some good passes out through the first three quarters, the receivers were dropping the ball. Even Bell missed a dump off, at one point. Coates was streaking down the left sideline and didn't even look up for the bomb Ben delivered. Yes, Ben was definitely off his game, but the receivers didn't necessarily help him when he made some good throws.

Also, I agree with those who say opposing defenses have a basic strategy to shut down the offense(that appears to be working): Double- or triple-team AB, stack the box on Bell and watch the Steelers offense implode. :lolol:

21. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    And maybe just maybe he can actually play two games in a row. He is a force when on the field.

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Sound? I beg to differ. They need an upgrade a FS. Someone who can cover. He is a "One Trick Pony"

24. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It's funny how some of us were calling this out during the offseason. Get a decent real backup QB. It seems to take this coaching staff too long to evaluate what they have, and that could work both ways. Where and why was Coby on the practice squad? How long did it take for this staff to see that JJ can't rush the QB? And how long does it take to see Coates is not playing well? How long it takes to see that we need a better QB because Ben will not make it thru a whole season again.

Right now Davis should be playing over Golden, Coby over Coates (at least till he gets out of his funk), Bell needs to quit running into the line and stopping, which is allowing the defense to collapse on him. The hesitation works sometimes but you can't do that everytime, sometimes it calls for hitting the hole hard and fast. When teams are double and triple covering Brown and stacking the line against the run, Ben needs to look at Eli , other receivers, and tight ends. This is not scientific stuff, and add on the penalties and stupid special team mistakes, stupid game plans and to me this 4 - 4 season so far has a lot to do with coaching, the talent is there.

With that said, I think we will beat the Cowboys next week, because we are that inconsistant.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016