1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We are not a playoff team

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    right now we're on the outside looking in we lose tiebreakers with a poor AFC record

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I'd say you are right unless they just let Ben do his thing. The plays that are being called are not working.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fer69

fer69 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2016
    Do you really wanna make the playoffs with this team......this coach?

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Team is really bad. So poorly coached. Players avg. they r a .500 team. Nothing better

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    tank the season and get a different coach. ill go through the 2-3 bad seasons to get us good again rather than mediocre

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DwarfToss

DwarfToss Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    We have the talent, not the coaching. Hopefully Rooney will see that, too, and end this decade long mistake.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I can't believe how lethargic the offense was in the 3rd quarter and beginning of the 4th with no sense of urgency. Steelers should have been in hurry up/ no huddle offense when they were down by 21. Piss poor play calling and execution on offense. Defense did OK considering how bad the offense was.

The Steelers have mailed in 3 games now... Eagles, Dolphins and the Ravens. Steelers were completely outmatched by the Ravens D today. Not a 3rd down conversion until the 4th quarter. Are you kidding me? More penalty yards than total offense for 3 quarters? WTF?

8. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

OH SHUTUP

I CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

• Like Like x 1
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

But, but, but... It wasn't important to win this game. I don't know why everyone is so mad. /sarcasm

• Like Like x 2
  10. pittb86t

pittb86t Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Right...."Lets play well when a wildcard position is on the line". Sarcasm...screw home field advantage

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Such a silly fan base

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben's body language and facial expressions from the onset told the story. He wasn't ready to play in this game, 4th quarter notwithstanding.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. GOAT

GOAT Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think we can be a CFL team

14. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    This division is still winnable. The Ravens schedule is very tough and the Steelers have some games coming up they should win. They could easily be back in first place in another week or two. The Ravens needed this game more then the Steelers did. Steelers will still win this division.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I don't think the players were buying what the coaches were trying to sell. That's the way it appears to me.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. SteelersForLife

SteelersForLife Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Hurry up offense at all times let's goooooo

17. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Still a lot of ball left. Would've been nice to win today but that is not the case. Ben was not himself. D did pretty well considering the spots they were put in all game long.

Tomlin and staff eat a tird today for not trying to find a spark on O with sitting Ben... Much less trying to keep him from anymore unnecessary punishment. Maybe Landry doesn't do much, maybe he does... but we'll never know. Glad Ben got the rust off I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DwarfToss

Sep 28, 2016
    Such a lackey fan. The Rooneys thank you for your undying support as they laugh their way to the bank.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  19. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012

DAMN it is good to have the voice of reason here again

now that you have arrived
    please stay a while
    i promise
    i won't keep you long
    i'll keep you forever
    forever
    forever

20. DwarfToss

Sep 28, 2016
    Even if you are right, what good is it to simply be the tallest midget? This team should be contending for Super Bowls, not slopping and sliding their way to early playoff exits every year.

If they even make it. I have my doubts. Dallas is going to absolute brutalize this team.

21. DwarfToss

Sep 28, 2016
    Landry wasn't going to do any better handing his way off to 3rd and long every series.

22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Are you serious? Maybe we're a spoiled fan base but a silly fan base? I'd say we're a fan base who likes to win. A fan base who appreciates it when our team shows up prepared and ready to play. A fan base who is emotionally vested in our team and who may have bought into the pre-season hype that our team, our beloved Pittsburgh Steelers, were poised to make a serious Super Bowl run once again this season. Halfway through the season, here we are once again muddled in mediocrity thanks to Tomlin and his "unbuttoned up" approach to coaching this football team. And Tomlin isn't alone so don't get me wrong. The entire team is lacking at this point, coaches and players, but the HEAD COACH will always be THE MOST RESPONSIBLE PIECE OF THE PUZZLE whether we like it or not. That's why head coaches get fired! The team's performance is a reflection of the preparation and leadership that emanates from the head coach. Our team looks like our head coach. He's a good guy, players like to play for him, emotional to the point of looking like a fan at times on the sidelines but he's not anything special as a head coach. He's underperformed with one of the top 3 quarterbacks of the present era. He seems to always get outcoached by other top coaches and even by some coaches who have (supposedly) inferior football teams. That will be his legacy. Hopefully Ben has a few good years left, but I see his physical abilities waning and he may not want to stick around and get pummeled for too much longer given that he has a family now and is responsible for being a dad and husband first and foremost. When Ben goes, the window of opportunity we have goes with him. There's an old saying that says when the tide goes out you'll be able to see who's swimming naked. Without Ben, I think Tomlin is skinny dipping.

Silly fan base? Puhleaze! Passionate fan base is more like it. The best fan base in football!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    that was our trojan horse
    he was going to throw it on 1st n 2nd
    but Ben took that away from him

24. SteelersForLife

SteelersForLife Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Haha are you serious? Maybe we're a spoiled fan base but a silly fan base? I'd say we're a fan base who likes to win. A fan base who appreciates it when our team shows up prepared and ready to play. A fan base who is emotionally vested in our team and who may have bought into the pre-season hype that our team, our beloved Pittsburgh Steelers, were poised to make a serious Super Bowl run once again this season. Halfway through the season, here we are once again muddled in mediocrity thanks to Tomlin and his "unbuttoned up" approach to coaching this football team. And Tomlin isn't alone so don't get me wrong. The entire team is lacking at this point, coaches and players, but the HEAD COACH will always be THE MOST RESPONSIBLE PIECE OF THE PUZZLE whether we like it or not. That's why head coaches get fired! The team's performance is a reflection of the preparation and leadership that emanates from the head coach. Our team looks like our head coach. He's a good guy, players like to play for him, emotional to the point of looking like a fan at times on the sidelines but he's not anything special as a head coach. He's underperformedwith one of the top 3 quarterbacks of the present era. He seems to always get outcoached by other top coaches and even by some coaches who have (supposedly) inferior football teams. That will be his legacy. Hopefully Ben has a few good years left, but I see his physical abilities waning and he may not want to stick around and get pummeled for too much longer given that he has a family now and is responsible for being a dad and husband first and foremost. When Ben goes, the window of opportunity we have goes with him. There's an old saying that says when the tidegoes out you'll be able to see who's swimming naked. Without Ben, I think Tomlin is skinny dipping.

Silly fan base? Puhleaze! Passionate fan base is more like it. The best fan base in football!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree on that take. Terrible situational ball on 3rds. Shotgun handoffs and bombs away on 3rd and 5 to manageable. Lunacy

• Agree Agree x 1