1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Huge underdogs: PIT +7 and every expert picking against us

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Oct 20, 2016.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    you can never "guarantee" anything in the NFL, well except maybe a browns superbowl. This comes close to a guaranteed loss.

2. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    So I have a feeling we will come out victorious. I feel this could be our Waterloo. If we lose than everyone already expected us too. If we win then maybe we can back our captian's play and show the league that we are for real. I hope I'm right and I hope we destroy the cheators. We need to channel our inner Greg Loyd and Mean Joe.

Go Steelers! !!

• Like Like x 2
  3. SteelersForLife

SteelersForLife Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Glad I'm too busy studying to sulk through this one

4. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You just predicted a loss lol

5. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    IMHO, as some of you said, it comes down to our Staff being able to put our plamakers on key matchups. Yes, L Jones is no Ben. But we still have too much O firepower that can win matchups if placed correctly and create mismatches.

Think of this for a second: if Mr Darkside had our O firepower, do you think he would struggle if Brady was out for 4 weeks? (wait... he had that problem and his team didn't struggle).

Maximum advantage: no one expects us to win, so we have anything to win and nothing to lose.

I'm still betting on my original thought: it will be closer than they are making us think.

6. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    I just was on the Steeler website and wlsatched a video with Haley, he said he has met with Jones and found out what Jones feels most comfortable doing this week, I thought it was a good interview.

Jones has a reputation since college of getting shook under pressure and hearing footsteps and seeing ghosts.
    We can be sure that the Pets are going to show Landry lots of pressure fronts to make him nervous before the snap.

I got the feeling that Haley was felling real good about about the game plan he has in store this week.
    Haley was so confident that he made me confident, I think he threw out most of the playbook this week and is going to focus on what Landry feels best about. That has to take a lot of pressure off Landry to know that.

I just hope the Steelers show Brady some pre-snap pressure and get into his head, Brady really hates to get hit.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is sad and depressing considering the Steelers were picked to be a Super Bowl contender a few weeks ago, but I'd like the Steelers to be competitive in a loss. It would be nice if the final score was within 10 points and the Steelers didn't lay down and die like they did vs. the Eagles and Dolphins. That's all I ask for. That would be a victory within a loss.

8. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    This will be a good test for Tomlin. The question is, DO the players think we have a chance? He clearly cannot get his team ready for bad teams that we should beat. Maybe he can get them up to play a team that should beat us?

I think the game will be over by half time. Our team quit in the 2nd half last week. I don't know how you come back from that with zero faith in your QB, a star WR who only cares about his stats, and a non existent pass rush against Tom Brady. The only guy on that team right now that I think has the ability to save the day is Bell.

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And you best believe that Bill will have the pats locked in on Bell...Him and all his players always state we look at the opponent and determine 1 thing or 1 player they need to take away ...No doubt this week it's Bell ....They will force Jones to win this game ,no way will that let Bell control the game...

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    They were huge under dogs against the giants in 1952 and had their highest scoring game in history
    Steelers 63, Giants 7 (1952)

11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bill really had high praise for Le'Veon the other day. But my guess is that they mainly gameplan to stop DHB. LOL! Just messing with you buddy. Bill really did praise Le'Veon though.

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Was hoping for the torrential rain on Sunday...Why weather? Why do you taunt us so?

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah but i don't post nonsense, unlike you :lolol:

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    so
    you know what you are?

a

fellow STEELERS FAN
    THATS WHAT YOU ARE.

TAKE THAT

• Like Like x 1
  15. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Im going to try to remain Jones_Landry_Brown_Antonio_practice_10212016 (0-00-00-00).jpg positive

• Like Like x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

All the more reason people need to understand that this team can be Dr.Jekyll when it has to.

My only issue is the lack of consistency shown this far this year outside of a game in which your playmaker and the heart and soul of your defense is out.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Good. Then you won't have any reason to be on here Sunday night complaining if we lose.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. SteelersForLife

SteelersForLife Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Why would I complain when I already expect a loss o_O