1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Next week Patriots

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jack LHambert, Oct 16, 2016.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I've been saying forever that Bryant's selfishness has hurt this team badly and today was another example of that. His mere presence would stretch the field and open things up for AB. As it stands right now, Coates has still not put enough fear in to secondaries to warrant extra help. That's really hurting things for AB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Knowing the Steelers they will show up. I've come to believe the Steelers can beat anybody or lose to anybody lately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    theres plenty of help to cover the receivers

they rushed

4people

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hes a poor mans Bryant but he's getting better, not quite there yet.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So Steelersforlife and Realsteel can say I told you so!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Losing next week just means that they will be sitting at 4-3 having lost two in a row and may give the Pats a bigger psychological edge just as winning might go a long way to exorcising the demons that plague the Steelers when they play the Cheats but beyond that no Superbowl is won or lost based on a single game. It doesn't matter if Brady throws for 6 TD's and 700 yards in the game or if Ben throws for 6 TD's and 450 yards because it won't impact the score of a playoff game months from now. I mean I hate the Pats and want to see them lose the game with every fiber of my being but it they win, meh oh well tomorrow is just another day. It's football anything can happen.

7. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    This will pretty much sum up the Steelers next Sunday
    And i'll be at Heinz Field to witness it t
    image.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I was trying to work out yesterday if:
    a) Ben's ball distribution around his receivers was off
    b) His distribution was fine but receivers weren't catching
    c) The playcalls weren't letting receivers exploit the full field
    d) The Dolphins were just playing really good defense

Or a mixture of all four.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Some of you guys have it wrong. The Steelers are our team, we're supposed to be optimistic and support and enjoy our team.
    I'd rather be optimistic and look at them through Rose colored glasses than be a negative miserable intolerable fan and look at them through a microscope.
    And if we're be realistic, with the number of key injuries we have we should not be so surprised when we have games like today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    steelers +7 at home

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Another season down the ****ter. Even when Ben comes back, Steelers will have 4-5 losses. Yes, they can win the AFC North, but at this rate... a 9-7 record will win the division with Ravens and Bengals floundering along with Steelers. So the Steelers are looking at a 3rd or 4th seed at best depending on how crappy the AFC South winner's record turns out. No way do the Steelers get a playoff bye now with Ben out for at least 2 or 3 games. It's depressing.

At this rate, the Patriots and Raiders are gonna get the top 2 seeds. Steelers can't win at either of those venues in Foxboro or Oakland.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  12. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I am all in on the Steelers too however, I am pretty sure I will start with 1 loss next week
    OHHHH Goody Goody!! We get to watch LOLandry Jones SH*T THE BED On Sunday

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  13. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Good with everything, except the first sentence, where you believe people have it wrong if they don't react the same way as you. Everyone has their own way of reacting, and there's no right or wrong about it. Just the way it is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Have we forgot that Landry Jones will be our quarterback? I'll be sitting in my living room rooting for the Steelers like I always do, but if I had to put money on the outcome.......well, just say it would be the team in the red, white and blue.

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Like you said we in deep doo doo. Browns may end up winning this division.

16. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Well Blast, if he was a rich mans Bryant, he could afford weed and then we would have 2 field stretchers out

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Disagree. We're supposed to enjoy and support our team, not tear it apart call for everyone to be fired or cut.

It's normal to support and cheer your team on, it's abnormal to be super negative and trash talk them.

18. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    ^^^

haha
    the syndrome continues
    #$%^&*(*&
    %^&*&^%

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No no no, he doesn't need you to buy the weed, he needs you to buy him a calendar.

20. PittCop

PittCop Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Gotta go Steelers ! Why else watch ? Be faithful. Home game. Always respond well when backs are to the wall. The failure in Miami was absolutely NO pressure on Tannehill. Safety or Corner blitz anyone ? Why was Silverback sitting until 2nd half ? All week everybody said Trap Game. Well now we'll see what kind of coach we have. I'm not saying that they'll beat New England, but I believe they can keep it close. Shazier should be back. If can stay....healthy....& if Mitchell can play without his usual personal foul calls, maybe a shot. If Haley has a brain, he'll get Mettenberg ready. Kid's got a big arm & doesn't play scared like Landry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. tangofoxwhiskey

tangofoxwhiskey Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2015
    That would be a sure sign of the apocalypse.

22. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hate the Pats like everyone else here. Route against them every week. Route for the Steelers every week. I would love to see a victory this Sunday, but there is a part of me that almost feels this might be a good scenario in the bigger picture of the ultimate goal.
    Let's say we didn't have all these injuries and we came out executing the game plan and get the job done. Chances are the road to the SB would still go through Foxborough. What are the chances this Steelers coaching staff comes up with a second way to beat them in the playoffs? Kinda slim if you ask me. Meanwhile, on the other side of the ball Belicheat will no doubt have a different plan. That team is not losing to the Steelers twice.
    In the current scenario we play this game with a lot of guys out and our backup QB and most likely can't keep up with scoring and can't hold them back on d. Should we make it to their house in the playoffs its a different roster, one with hopefully a lot of key guys back, peaking and ready to play post season football with an effective game plan to get it done.
    Maybe said a short way...at best if we play NE twice this year we split with them. I would rather lose now and win later as I am sure anyone would agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am hoping it will be hard for brady to throw for that cause we have like 43 min of top with a butt load of rushing attempts

24. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    One things for sure it's gonna be a clobber - knocker!!! of a game and maybe the Steelers will be on the losing end, but the Cheatriots ain't walking into our house and leaving without a fight. "Not in our house"

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Guest

Guest Guest

You forgot to put your second sentence in green font. :lolol: