1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haley Hiring and the State of our Football Team

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Kevin James, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    I have said this since the hiring of Haley. Ben will not handle Haley's BS too long and will not stick around too long. Haley likes to embarrass his players and put all the blame on his QB. He never calls a bad play in his opinion.

For the ignorant who want to say Big Ben runs the Steelers. If that was the case then Arians would still be here.

Trying to turn back into a run first team WILL NOT WORK. Have any of you watched us try and run the ball the last few years? It's a one yard gain most of the time and then Ben is left in bad situation where every defense knows he is going to pass. We don't have a Jerome Bettis anymore, just a bunch of dancers in the backfield.

Why do we get these huge offensive linemen who can't pass block and the rest of our offense is built for passing the ball.

Everyone wants to give the defense a pass because they are always top ranked. but yet when we play a good offense we can't stop anyone. Sorry, but LeBeau is very, very old and is stuck in his ways and does not like to change or adapt. If Arians had to go then LeBeau should of been right there with him.

And, everyone wants to give the GM Colbert so much credit due to his 1st round draft picks, but what about the other 6 rounds? They are pretty much terrible, our DB's are booty.

I know somehow we will make the playoffs again and again cuz that is what we do but there are a lot of concerns right now.

• Haley not getting along with Ben and other players.

Slow and big offense line who do not take care of themselves so they get injured a lot.

Over-Rated players such as Casey Hampton who just takes up space and not in a good way.
      Polumalu who is often out of position and injury prone.

Linebackers who can't play the pass in a pass happy league.

Terrible starting CB's and backups. Taylor is the only one who should even see the field.

Defensive Cord. who is 70+ years old and stuck in the 60's and thinks his scheme is so good that he don't have to ever change it to adapt to teams who want to pass all over us.

A Head Coach who seems like a puppet.

An owner who is over stepping his boundaries as of late.

Fans who are stuck in the 70's.

2. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Holy cow, pass the cyanide please.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ahhh... a glass is half-empty... make that 99% empty kind of post. I guess a SB appearance 2 years ago, and a 12-4 season last year mean nothing? Suddenly we're awful?

4. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    That's only when Mendenhall is playing. With Redman back there we will be OK.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    welcome to the steelers board now go back to your own board (the ravens)

6. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Uhhhh, welcome aboard man (I think), but calling those you may disagree with "ignorant" in your 2nd post isn't cool. You might have waited until at least post #100 before you started making enemies.

7. victimofchanges

victimofchanges Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Here is what I think is going to happen:

The Steelers will have a running game as well as a passing game.
    Heath Miller will finally be used correctly(not just for blocking).
    Ben will be getting hit a lot less.
    Haley will bring a spark and an attitude to the sidelines that has been long missing.
    Ben will be a better QB because he needed a coach on the sidelines not a friend.
    And no more stupid bubble screen or 5 wideouts empty set on 3rd and 1.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, I'm a pessimist with the team this year, but you took it to a whole new level.

-Haley does not try to embarass his players. He holds them accountable. A lot of players that he has coaches like him and say he always tries to get the best out of his players. If Ben can't handle that, it shows Ben's immaturity and lack of professionalism, not Haley's BS. Warner had no problems with Haley.

-Who said we're going to turn back into a run team? Haley had a pass heavy offence with the Cardinals and a run heavy offence with the Chiefs. He's a very talented OC, so he game plans around the personnel that he has. Besides, our lack of a run game was under BA, we have a new OC and I bet you'll see a big improvement in the run game.

-Colbert gets a pass because he is responsible for 2 SB wins and 3 SB appearances. Obviously he's doing something right in the draft, considering we never sign players from FA.

-Troy is anything but overrated, and is considering among his peers to be one of the top players in the entire league, regardless of position.

-Our LB's can cover just fine. Harrison and Timmons are quite good in coverage

-Rooney isn't overstepping his boundaries at all. Rooney is basically the GM of the team. He is in the locker room every game, around the players every day, speaks to the coaches every day, etc. He did exactly what I expect of the Rooney's, he got involved to make a move that was in the best interest of the team.

How on earth are us fans stuck in the 70's? People keep saying that many of us want to go back to ground and pound, but nobody is saying that. We want a more effective running game, especially in short yardage situations. We aren't saying we want to run 50 times per game. Besides, Baltimore, San Fran and Houston are all running teams, and all three were superbowl contenders this year (and Houston probably would have won if not for Schaub getting injured).

I'm wondering why you even joined this site just to blast everything about the team and the fans of the team. Are you a Steelers fan or just someone looking to cause trouble?

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Wow! What a disappointing thread. I know I can be critical at times, but this guy needs to take a serious look at why he is even a Steelers fan. I've never said this to anyone on a Steelers board before, but you may want to find another team to root for if you feel that strongly about how bad we suck. Maybe you're just venting because things aren't quite as bad as the picture you paint. And I'm not typically the perpetual optimist, but rather a realist who can sometimes be skeptical. Buck up little buddy.

10. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Atta boy Knox, you must have taken your medicine this morning!

:this!:

11. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. I feel really good about things all of a sudden, whereas before I was so frustrated I didn't even want to watch their games next year. I couldn't take it anymore.

Haley will be fine, but our success depends on whether Ben buys in or not. Ben needs to jump in with both feet and give 100% no matter what he thinks of the plays. If he resists, then things might not get better.

12. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    is this kevin james the comic from tv? i guess he has a dark side. easy, it aint that bad bud. :cry:

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think I'll go step in front of a train now :cry:

Lighten Up Francis!

14. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Great line from Stripes! :thumbs_up:

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    "And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you." signed Francis. I thought I was a pessimist.I think you missed your calling in life, as a NON- motivational speaker. Dr. Kevorkian would be so proud.

16. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Congratulations, Kevin! If your intent was to p*** everybody (coaches, players, owner, front office, fans) off with your first post, YOU SUCCEEDED!

17. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  18. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

It's gonna be a looooooooong offseason.

19. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Other than that we're in great shape to win another SB :roflmao:

20. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well it was posted at 443am. Sometimes I think that way after partying. I give it a pass until the next post :herewego:

21. Kevin James

Feb 11, 2012
    I don't think anyone is going to kill them self over it, I am entitled to my opinions. That is just being irrational.

22. Kevin James

Feb 11, 2012
    Multiple Superbowl appearances obviously wasn't good enough for Arains was it.

23. Kevin James

Feb 11, 2012
    Do you really think Mendenhall won't be the starter this year?

24. Kevin James

Feb 11, 2012
    Again, more ignorance, because I have concerns, that must make me a Ratbird fan.

25. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Multiple Superbowl appearances obviously wasn't good enough for Arains was it.[/quote:1aae6c8j]

We didn't get to either SB or win the SB in 08 due to our offence. Arians is no more a reason for the SB win than individual special teams players are. If not for our record setting defence in 2008, we don't even make it to the SB, because our offence was pathetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.