1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Lions Preseason Game 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Aug 12, 2016.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I have to agree with Blast. It was the first preseason game and Steelers ALWAYS look like **** in preseason.

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep.

The annoying thing is, if we play like this to assess talent while avoiding injuries (Suisham took it a bit too seriously last year and look where that landed him), that's fine - except we still get injuries!

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Im personally not going to spend every minute of every day criticizing everything about my favorite team. Where's the enjoyment in that?

Does Tomlin have some shortcomings? Sure, but what coach don't?

Noll had a whole decade of failure and he's considered one of the best coaches.
    I don't agree with everything the Steelers do, but I'm a fan. I'll spend my time getting enjoyment from the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    And it's Glenn with the

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    That was me two days ago. I made it to Super Macho Man on my Retropie. My kids weren't as impressed as I thought they'd be, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Well camp closed in latrobe yesterday, and Tomlin said the key starters on offense wont play against the eagles this week either, but he did say all the starters will play on defense, by the way nobody was allowed to tackle Bell in camp and Bell wont play in any of the pre season games that are left, so it looks like their chances to beat the eagles are slim, to beat them jones, Vaughn, and running backs will have to step it up in this game and play better than they did last week...

http://www.steelers.com/news/articl...les-game/9e4b60a8-c87a-4289-8456-984db493a18d

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it still won't give the true value of LJ without all the tools around him. no injuries and i'll be happy. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Pouncey will be starting if thats any consolation, Coates and DHB will have to carry the load at the receiver position Wheaton may play as well, hopefully James will have a better game, a better showing on the Oline is needed, we shall see if there is any improvement over last weeks poor showing, for sure there cant be any picks, fumbles, or sacks on our offense, we need to get them on defense with all our starters in they should get some turn overs depending on how long they get to play......

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i hope they don't play too much since we have this one and two more. james and grimble i thought did some good things blocking and hopefully they build on that and also see some glimpses of them in the passing game. they have to keep LJ upright and healthy job 1. :cool:

10. Diamond

May 26, 2012

But Noll spent a decade winning 4 superbowls that gave him the credibility to have a sub par decade, if he didnt have 4 rings he would have been fired long before he coached here for 2 decades, tomlin needs to have more than one ring before he coaches here for 20 years, he better win another SB before the window closes on Bens career or we are going to be looking at a long drought...

11. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012

and you go on believing that we dominated the other night

12. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012

i am also a fan. a fan that expects playoff and super bowl wins, not just regular season success. i dont get all giddy when a talent loaded teams under performs. i am not the fan that says. 'at least we are not the browns or hey, he's never had a losing season'.
    some fans are happy with an 8-8 or 9-7 season, i am not one of those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm not happy or content when we don't make the playoffs, but I understand that sometimes injuries and other problems keep you from your goals.
    If I could control some of this stuff then maybe I'd be upset and crack some heads. I can't so I just root for my team and enjoy watching games.
    The Steelers are not going to change the way they do things.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I COULD tell you an INCREDIBLE secret about how to beat Mike Tyson without taking a hit but then it wouldn't be a secret anymore................ I will give you a hint though. "Duck". Oooooooh, now that's cryptic...

17. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    GOOSE

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    oh, that was thrilling. do it again. :smiley1::cool: