1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Lions Preseason Game 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Aug 12, 2016.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    4 out of 5 dentists agree. :cool:

2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  3. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012

please enlighten me and tell me how i was wrong and how your idol was wrong.

“Some big-time negligence in all three phases,” is what coach Mike Tomlin said

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh nooo's their scrubs are better than our scrubs :cry:

5. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Neo wait. Take me with you and out of this thread quick!

[​IMG]

6. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012

seems like their starters were better than our starters. and their scrubs were better than our starters.......yippppeee, i'm a real fan.

7. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, you go ahead and sweat those preseason wins and losses you real fan you :lolol:

Meanwhile, fans who know what preseason is about will take notice of Grant, Richardson and Fort.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    .... If people are really upset about an exhibition game.. then chances are these people are;

1.) New to American Football

Or

2.) Way too emotion invested in essentially what I call "Extended Practice."

10. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2016-8-14_21-8-56.png

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Haha! I can't help it. I'm the same way during baseball's pre-season. I get all crazy. :lolol:

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Please, he sucked in his first game as a steeler, if the WRs can carry a step ladder they might be able to snag one of those high flyers he throws....

13. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012

lol...........you 'fans' crack me up.
    yup a few guys looked good/decent, 20 looked like sh!t but lets get all giddy for the few that didnt and pretend that the rest of the team is awesome...
    i stated the exact same thing that your coach did but you claim i know nothing about preseason. so what does that say about your coaches knowledge of the game?
    show me where i said i cared about winning that game. of that right you cant.
    next

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not giddy, just took note of some good play by a few guys.

All I did is yawn when you said:

"and the lions vanilla offense, vanilla defense and vanilla special teams tore us a new one"

and you got all butt hurt and start quoting Tomlin and trying to turn it into something completely different. Go ahead and try and deny that you don't care they lost after that quote above, please.

16. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Is the game still going on or something? LOL!

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Our "starters" consisted of guys that aren't actually starters. Just sayin'.

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I really have a hard time taking anything Tomlin says seriously since he's just "Barry Switzer 2.0" Dead clock theory, huh?

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not sure why you constantly bash Tomlin? The guy one heck of a good coach. The #'s back it up. The players love the guy and it's hard to find anyone in the Media outside of Pittsburgh that doesn't believe he's a really good coach. You're definitely in the minority when it comes to your hate for Tomlin.
    I actually find it funny though cause you can hate all you want, he isn't going anywhere for a long time.

20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I actually like the fact he was throwing high...Not only was he throwing high ,he was throwing high with smoke basically all arm...I also liked the fact that he climbed the pocket and kept 2 hands on the Football..

The reason those things are very good is his WR'S are not yet NFL caliber,,,,his OL are also not yet NFL caliber ...So while he didn't make any big plays he didn't make any big mistakes either...Not bad in my book ,,,I want to see him under better circumstances....

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I have it playing on repeat in every room of my house because it stirred my emotions so utterly.

I am literally the most inspired person in history right now.

22. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012

i dont care that they lost. what i care about is how pathetic we looked at every aspect of the game except for a couple guys. your yawn indicated that you didnt agree with my observation(go ahead and deny that).
    the butt hurt guy was you when your own coach admitted that we looked terrible(and i was right) and now you are trying to spin it.

23. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    tomlin is a good coach placed in a perfect situation. i truly believe a dozen other coaches could have been handed this job and would have the same or better record. i am happy the players play hard for him but until he wins a super bowl with his own players, i wont label him a great coach. he has had zero input on offense or defense. our secondary has sucked since he got here and he is suppose to be a secondary guy. his regular season stats are nice but his playoffs stats not so much, especially the further removed from cowhers guys. win a super bowl this year and i'll start to change my tune. every year i hear from the 'fans' how great our draft was, how ben is elite, how heath is the best pure te, how great pouncey is, leveon, decastro is all pro, ab best wr in the game, timmons, tuitt, heyward, deebo, shazier, etc etc etc...then you throw in how great of a coach munchak is.............well, how is it that when the team is stacked with all pros(in the fans words) can this team not make the playoffs for 2 years, be one and done(at home to a WC) and need 2 stupid PF penalties to win our 1 playoff win in what, 5 years?
    not sure about your sense of humor if you actually think fans hate for a coach will convince the owners to fire him, but knock yourself out.
    what i see here is a coach that has pissed away a number of bens best years. i only see this team being able to win a superbowl this year before bens health and players contracts put this team into decline.
    lets see what tomlin does with a stacked deck this season. anything short of a super bowl win will be a failure

24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I am butthurt too

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow. Misinterpret much?

My yawn was as in "who gives a :poopy:" its the first preseason game.

You go right on sweating preseason though :thumbs up:

[​IMG]