1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

McCullers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Nafsteelers, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Nafsteelers

Nafsteelers Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    I'm hoping this dude really steps up this season, but I think ama run out of patience with this guy, he looks so slow and doesn't really push his guy backwards, with his size he should be getting double team most of the time!. I saw few plays where he could of hustle and make the tackle but he pretty much gave up and stop!. Hopefully it's just me!.

2. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    pushed around by 2nd and 3rd stringers............pathetic

3. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Pretty much what his draft profile said -

WEAKNESSES -

Lets his pads rise (first move is up), gets outleveraged and does not hold his ground as well as a man his size should. Gets turned out of the hole and sealed. Duck-footed short-stepper with limited play range -- does not make plays outside the box. Average body power to roll his hips and generate torque. Limited pass-rush potential (confirmed by 1.5 career sacks) -- is late off the ball, does not collapse the pocket and stays blocked too long. Must improve his hand use to disengage. Exited high school pushing 400 pounds and weight has fluctuated in the past.

4. Nafsteelers

Nafsteelers Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    We're gonna be in trouble if this dude don't step it up. I am really!! really hoping they have a plan B in place...

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Lmao we are ****ed

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not worried because of the following;

1.) Javon proved he can two gap.. like I knew he would..

2.) Ricardo Mattews stepped up big time; further cementing Pittsburghs depth as good after so many questions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's preseason, I'm not that worried he won't play that many snaps anyway.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Big Dan was picked as a project, this is his third year. Its time to start seeing results
    must be more productive this year.

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hargrave will start. After that Matthews looks to be the back up. Just don't know where Big Dan fits at this time.

10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    CAN HE CATCH????

I SEE TIGHT END

WUT SAY YOU PWP?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    played tired and out of shape last night. i'm not sure he makes this team if this type of play continues. i know it was hot but come on dan we need way more effort. :cool:

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He sticks to blockers like glue. I've said that forever and didn't even realize his profile even said it. Just call Casey back and give him a guaranteed contract of buffets for life and this could all be solved. Matthews did show some flash though and hopefully Hargrave pans out.

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Umm, I saw his tape and he played outside run pretty good for a "duck footed short stepper"

I don't think he stayed blocked too long last year either. Most times he took the one-on-one past the pocket. needed to see the play better and collapse toward the ball carrier...

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Hargrave will not be able to shoulder a full load as a rookie.

Matthews is the sub package guy.

15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Big Dan is what he is.... BIG. He played 39 snaps last nite which is a bit over half and that was way more than any other DL. He also led all DL with 4 tackles. Fresh and motivated he Will push and collapse the pocket and he did show a decent job moving laterally locating the ball and making the tackle . Thing is conditioning.... He will never be a full time starter. Late in the game, tired I saw him at the snap stand up and engage the OL and just stood there not even moving his feet. He'll make the 53 and will give us a max of 10-15 snaps a game but I expect those snaps to be effective by him.

Remember, we don't play a base defense as much as we play sub-package, nickel/dime so not all is lost with Big Dan.

Cajun

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He won't have to. But he will start.

17. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I played football and basketball with a guy like McCuller...the biggest guy on the court and field but he was that gentle giant. He didn't have that mean streak in him. If the knock the opponent down....they say excuse me....lol should be dominating but all they do is get dominated

18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Joe to a forgotten named player. "Don't help him up, you knocked him on his ass, let him get up on his own!"

Joe is Joe Greene

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    hide his friggin twinkies and tell him they're qb did it. :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1