1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello Steelers Fans

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by TheOtherGodfather, May 24, 2016.

1. TheOtherGodfather

TheOtherGodfather New Member

May 24, 2016
    I want to get this out of the way I am a Cowboys fan first but, as I've always respected the Steelers organization, I couldn't even get too mad when yall whipped our tails in all of those Superbowls. Disappointed yes but not angry. I don't mind getting beat by a worthy opponent.

I've always loved 'The Burgh' as I I've traveled there many times on business and in my personal life. In my opinion it's one of the most beautiful cities and country in the USA. There's nothing I've ever seen like the view coming out of the tunnel and seeing the city as you go over the bridges and trust me I've traveled the USA extensively.

The reason I joined the forum is to keep up with the Steelers because, go figure, I fell in love with and imported a girl from the steel city to Texas and all of her family are hard core Steelers fans so I want to keep up with the feelings of the fans, how your draft picks are turning out, what your outlook on the season is, and all of the ins and outs of the team, and get to know some of you folks.

Last Christmas I had the extra cash to pick up a new 'boys' jersey for myself but her dad is a heck of a guy. Blue collar all the way and a volunteer fireman so I punted my stuff and picked him up something he's been dreaming about for years but wouldn't buy for himself ever. An authentic Joe Greene jersey totally stitched numbers and lettering and you'd have thought he was a five year old when he opened it. Best Christmas present I've given in 10 years. When her parents were down last year we hung out at a Steelers bar here in Ft. Worthless and I was more vocal than her mom and dad and Julie laughs when we watch the Boys and the Steelers during the season. I yell at the TV during the Steelers games and I sit quietly during the boys games (what the heck after 20 years of Jerry I expect to lose).

I say all of that to tell you folks that I'm far from a troll. I really am here to get a vibe for the team because I do root for your team, have family ties up there now, and I pray for another Dallas vs Steelers Superbowl. I can't lose no matter what as long as it's a good game.

So anyway I hope you folks don't mind me peeking in and I know I'm going to get some bashing and some good natured ribbing, but I do really want to keep up with the Steelers and not what the media reports. I want to know how you fans feel about your team your picks and how you think the season will go.

The Pirates are playing the Rangers this weekend and I hope they sweep TX (I really loathe the Rangers for many reasons).

Oh, and by the way, I REALLY hate the Ravens. Every time they lose I smile.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    As long as you hate the Ravens, you are OK.

My wife is from New Mexico. When I went down there I asked who they rooted for and they said ABC. Anybody But Cowboys. So for 20 years, every trip down there, we have taken Steelers gear.

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    what a girl can do.......