1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steeler from Down Under!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by PeteB, Jun 6, 2016.

1. PeteB

PeteB New Member

Jun 6, 2016
    G'day Steelers fans!

I'm Pete and I live in Sydney, Australia! Been following the Steelers for a few years now, waking up at 4am Monday morning for the Sunday afternoon games to cheer on the boys from home.

This year I am planning my first trip to the US, all based around the Christmas Day game against the Ravens at Heinz Field! I love all sport and get to as many as I can here in Sydney (Aussie Rules etc.), but I think the NFL experience will be something different.

I will be working my way around the forums for some tips for both the game and visiting Pittsburgh, but I thought I'd say hi first!

Looking forward to joining in with the conversation.

Pete

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, Pete, and welcome to TSF!

There would be no better way to say Merry Christmas than with a huge Steelers win over the Ravens on Christmas Day. :towel:

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome Pete!

Yes, there are several threads dedicated to first visit to Heinz. I keep meaning to collect them and make a sticky. You'll find them easier enough, can use the search feature too.

Enjoy your stay :steelflag:

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Welcome, I like your beer and that tough style of slobber knocker football your mates play.....:drinks:

5. PeteB

PeteB New Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Haha I love the way you describe it! Aussie Rules (AFL), my favourite type of footy during our winter! A 10C temperature night game here is cold, not sure how I'll survive Heinz in December!

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    don't worry the excitement of the game willl keep your blood boiling ...welcome aboard

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012