1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin tricked the Bengals

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, May 8, 2016.

1. bhandsome08

bhandsome08 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    WR was very much a pressing need. They need a #2 WR, Tate and Lafell aren't #2s. What were their top needs to you? To me it was WR, CB & Safety. Then pretty much just getting depth everywhere else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
  3. DonKnock

DonKnock Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Steelers let the cat out of the bag on Revis and he ended up getting stolen from us.

Not outlandish that the front office would learn from their mistakes

4. Guest

Guest Guest

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    And what are they suppose to say? "We got punked?" Of course they don't want to look foolish..again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. bhandsome08

bhandsome08 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Gotta admit. They had a pretty good haul with WJ3, Boyd & Billings. Thought Vigil was a reach, could have been there for them in the 5th.

7. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    ... Perry with a "biggerstaff", is his given name???...

I`m sorry, I just find that hilarious...:roflmao::lolol:;)...

Even if he is good people, writing under a pseudonym,

I highly doubt he has any more info, into the inner workings of our draft room, than anyone else,

Even if he may very well "know his stuff"...

The whole draft process is a smokescreen, by design, from every team in the league...

No team would be doing their job properly, if we all knew who they REALLY wanted, going into the draft...

As for the top 2 picks this year, the Rams knew who they were taking, and Philly was clearly happy to get whichever one they didn`t take...

They only stretched those 2 picks out to the time limit for TV drama, and ratings...

And it pissed me off!!! I was like, "C`Mon, Man! Get the top 2 out of the way, then the real intrigue can start..."...

So, who knows?... It did seem like we jumped on Burns as soon as he was available, but if we already had him graded as our #2, or we woulda taken Jackson if he was available, we probably would have moved just as quickly..

We rarely stretch out the clock for drama, or to listen to trade offers...

Shows good preperation, to me...

We have our #1 locked in, and contingency picks ranked...

We know what we will or won`t take, in draft picks, to move from our plan "B" player...

And we know who we will move up for, ahead of time, if we have to...

It`s run like a business, and not for the "drama" of the cameras...

No need to look like we are "considering our options", like the other teams...
    We know what we want, and we go get it...

Sometimes we`re right, sometimes we`re wrong...

No point adding to the "drama" of the draft...

Just well prepared, and ready to go about our business...

GO STEELERS!!!:herewego!:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    BINGO

it's over with and done; we move on. Let's get these guys up to speed; pray for no injuries and then open the year with a 41-10 shellacking of the Redskins.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm really torn on who is more delusional, the Bengal fans bleating and babbling over on that hellish board, or a Steeler fan who actually thinks that the Bengals made a 1st round pick to spite us. :hmmm:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah all the first round receivers were gone, probably why they took WJ III. Fans are so gullible thinking the Bengals are going to draft a player they don't really want, just to spite a division rival :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If people think, Coach T pulled one on the Bengals, I have some ocean front property in
    Arizona I would be willing to sell you.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm not falling for that again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    How much?

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Lake or River?:hmm:

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know but I have a tropical island for sale in the north pole for anyone who believes Cincy took a player just to spite us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Do I believe the Bengals took that pick to spite us no. I can see WJIII not being our guy though and them throwing up a smoke screen. If the report of the Steelers were on the phone with Burns while the Bengals were on the clock then it really does point to him being our guy the whole time.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh look, Dean disagreed with my post, how did he do that if he wasnt reading them :lollmao:

Pathological.

18. lvsteelersfan

lvsteelersfan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    I pay no attention to what the armchair GMs have to say. They are the same ones who kept saying Lawrence Timmons was a total bust in his first two years. I like this draft. I think the Steelers did a good job. Only time will tell how it turns out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Colbert and Tomlin seems like they did their due diligence. So I've got to think that the guys they drafted can and will help us until proven other wise.

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Intersting that thebengalsboard believes that Pittsburgh got screwed. Then again, I do not believe that neither thesteelersfans and thebengalsboard knew about Tomlin's and Colbert's contingency plan prior to the WJ III pick.

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    I am more torn over the fact that fanbases like the Bengals, who have never won anything, find new ways to be obnoxious and arrogant despite not having any foundation to stand in to base an attack on.

If anything, I am offended by offensive offended fans in general (regardless of the team).

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    I am more torn over the fact that fanbases like the Bengals, who have never won anything, find new ways to be obnoxious and arrogant despite not having any foundation to stand to base an attack on.

If anything, I am offended by offensive offended fans in general (regardless of the team).

23. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
  25. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Going forward Tomlin/Colbert will have to do a better job of not tipping their hand. Good that they had a plan B in place but still......

• Disagree Disagree x 1