1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow, blaming Wes Welker

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  2. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree.It seemed everyone of those Cheater WR's were dropping balls on that last drive.Oh Well, They SHOULD blame Karma. Cheaters never win. Brady is very good,Not Great when he's not cheating.Belicheat/Brady have been exposed since Spygate.

3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Holy crap.

Why is everyone protact Brady? Bottom line is that ONE play was the difference in that game and it was the very first play of the game by the Pastries. Had Tom Terrific not taken that safety then the score is 17 - 13 at the end and instead of allowing the TD, it would've come down to 2 plays (3rd and 4th down) from the six for the win.

Brady played OK, but his mistakes were the difference. To blame anyone else is just covering for Brady.

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I put that play half on each of them. It was a drop, but a tough catch to make. He was crazy open, and it was a bad throw. If he'd hit him in stride it not only would have been a catch, but possibly a touchdown. I agree, the amount of blame on Welker over Brady is crazy, but can we really say it's surprising...?

Brady played fine overall, but he did hand NY 2 points (which turned out to be rather important, wouldn't you say???) and throw that pick, and miss Welker. he had that great run in the middle of the game, but BobbyBiz is right: his mistakes were the difference.

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Even Gizz-elle is blaming Wes:

[youtube:1vr7x3bd]tIkIjI6r6i0[/youtube:1vr7x3bd]

Would someone tell her to just STF up and stick to what she does best: Be a hot chick who runs around in her underware.

Yes Wes "should" have caught the ball, but maybe her husband shouldn't get the skitters in the end zone and handed the Giants 2 easy, critical points.

6. fdresq4

fdresq4 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It seems that anything Yahoo posts, stories or blogs, is junk.

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Haha! That was awesome!

"My husband cannot ****ing throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time!" Great line. However...

...doesn't really make sense. The Welker play was huge, but that was as much on Brady as it was Wes. Poor catch, poor throw. No excuse for Tom any more than there is for Wes. If Tom makes even a decent throw, Wes has it easy. But he didn't, he threw it way behind him and Wes did a great job getting there, until he dropped it of course. The other point being...

What other drops were there? What is she talking about? The Hernandez drop right at the end, on 2nd and 10 for what would have been an 8 yarad gain right in the middle of the field? That was good for them! As we learned a few plays later, a completion in the middle of the field does nothing but drain the clock. The Pats were lucky Aaron dropped that one. I said at the time, "Sh**, I wonder if he did that on purpose." Maybe the Branch drop on their first play? That was tipped big time right in front of him. Doesn't even count as a drop.

I did learn one thing from this clip, though. Tom and Giselle were made for each other.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Some of the talking heads today said Brady threw it there on purpose because if he led him the safety would have picked it off. :bs: If he puts it in Welkers chest in stride the safety had no chance and most likely Wes scores.

9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's a team game. You win and lose together.

10. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Man, it's way more fun to say Brady cost them the game! :drinks: