1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Superbowl 46Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by bigsteelerfaninky, Feb 5, 2012.

1. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Collingsworth was dreadful through the whole game but he really drove me crazy in the last 7 minutes.

2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    How could you understand him with marsh brady's junk in his mouth??

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Oh, I know it! My wife and I both were getting sick over it. Making excuses on that blown PI call and praising the Patsies on that last scoring Giants drive. Just terrible.

4. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    As I have been saying all along, Brady has got to be the most overrated player in NFL history. In big games, he fails to come up with big plays. Even Michaels pointed to his 4th quarter comebacks, and yet nobody dares recognize that they were all FGs.

Brady had three chances to score the TD that would seal it, and he failed. he threw the pick; he missed a wide-open Welker; and then he was another epic fail on the final possession.

5. steelgray

steelgray Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    We need a like button!

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know about you guys but watching the pats lose is almost as gratifying as watching the steelers win(i said almiost dont flame)lol F the cheatriots.

7. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Now I can get off this Giants bandwagon. STEELERS FAN FOREVER!!!

8. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He also had receivers drop a few passes that hit them right in the hands.

9. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    The one Branch missed was because Phillips had it. Should have been a pick. How do you explain missing Welker? Had Montana or Bradshaw thrown that it would have been the TD that seals the game. That had six all over it, and Brady missed him bad. The guy simply cannot complete big passes in big games.

10. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    You're right. Brady sucks. He has only been to 5 Super Bowls, won 3, has 2 Super Bowl MVP titles and 2 regular season MVPs.

:roll:

11. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I never said nor have I ever said he sucks. He's just not a big-play, big-game performer.

12. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    I guess his 3 Super Bowl wins weren't big games?

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Welker should have had that catch and the pass to Branch was tipped.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they cheated scott. :cool:

15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The bias on this site is almost sickening at times. Brady gets blasted because he drove his team down the field so that his kicker could make a game winning field goal. How that's any different than driving down the field to score a game winning TD is beyond me. A win is a win, and driving down the field to score a TD or driving down the field so your kicker can make a game winning FG is the same damn thing. If you only need a FG to win, how the hell is it a bad thing to drive down the field and let your kicker get the 3 points needed?

Brady has won 3 SB's. In case some of you guys aren't keeping track, that's one more than Ben has. To me, that requires making big plays in big games. I'd take a young Brady over a young Ben every day of the week. Ben will be lucky to get into the hall of fame. Brady is guaranteed a spot. There's a reason for that.

16. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    THE CHEATERS LOSE ANOTHER SUPER BOWL!!!!!! LOL!!!! :applaud:

17. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Until the record books are changed, a win is a win.

18. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    If you don't know the difference, I can't help you. But I'll try. Suppose Vinatieri misses either or both of those kicks (as well as the one in the snow vs the Raiders) and the Pats lose any or all of those games in OT?

On the flip side, why is Brady a hero for leading a drive into field goal range and Jim Kelly is a goat for doing th same thing?

19. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Amazing, isn't it? Some people refuse to believe that there are other good players and teams in the NFL and will say whatever they can to discount a player's success.

20. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Name one. Because 5-yard slants to Welker and screen passes to Kevin Faulk don't count. Do you realize that Terry Bradshaw in four Super Bowls has more TD completions over 20 yards than Tom Brady has total completions over twenty yards in 5 SBs?????

21. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I will repeat, because reading is a skill lost oin some of my fellow posters: I have never said Brady sucks, I have never said Ben is better than Brady, I have never said Brady is not one of the all-time greats. What I have consistently argued is that for someone as highly-praised as Brady and as hailed as much as Brady, it sure is amazing that the guy has never made a single pass that lives on in the annals of NFL history.

22. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Why in the hell does a pass have to live on in NFL history for a QB to be considered a big-play QB? A big play doesn't mean jack! You don't get more points for a 70-yard TD pass compared to 2 35-yard passes that result in a TD.

And you DID say that Brady wasn't a big-game performer which is clearly wrong with 3 titles and 2 Super Bowl (the BIGGEST game) MVPs on his resume.

23. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I was just thinking about that watching the game earlier. Brady doesn't have any spectacular plays he's really known for. He's just very good at his dink and dunk game. Hit him or get him out of the pocket and he's fairly mediocre.

24. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Yup, he's good at dink and dunk... so why do anything else?

25. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Brady is a hall of famer, and one hell of a competitor. That being said, get his junk out of your mouth, or at least perform the act on the "Other team" forum.

Grats Giants. Next year is our year.