1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brady Suspension Reinstated

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrock151, Apr 25, 2016.

1. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
  2. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
  3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  5. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I am left wondering how 2015 would have been different if Brady had been (rightfully) suspended those first four games. A lot of fans played the "what if" scenario pertaining to AB and the Broncos game.

But the true "what if," to me, that cemented the 2015 season, was the judge's overturning of Brady's suspension. It may be pointless to look at such a "what if" scenario, but maybe the Steelers win that game. And then things play out differently: with Bell staying healthy. Perhaps the Steelers WIN the AFC North and grab a #1 seed by process of defeating Denver. And then Denver hosts the Pats in the divisional round, pitting them against the Steelers at Heinz for the AFC title.

The absence of AB and Bell was a dagger in Denver, for sure. But I think a judge in New York put the Steelers on their fateful path.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Nothing more pleasing than watching a collective colossal Bean-town meltdown starting in ......3....2.....1........ :cry::cry::cry::cry:(them) :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:(us)

7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    To Hell with Brady and the Patriots. One of the cheatingest franchises ever to be assembled.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    It's not the cheating so much as it is the arrogance. It is a franchise that basically says, "We are going to do whatever the hell we want to do and we dare you to do anything about it." The response to the cell phone ("I always break it when I get a new one") to the deflator ("He was just losing weight"). And they truly expect everyone to accept them at their word BECAUSE they are the Patriots: how dare any of us question them?

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Does anyone here find it interesting that Brady's success began with controversy and may end with it as well?

:lolol::lolol:

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe Brady will slip on his own tears as he cries, "It's not fair!!!!!!!!" and break himself.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. BLACKGOLD CHAMPS

BLACKGOLD CHAMPS Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Wouldn't an 0-4 start be sweet

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    The big cry baby will fight this all the way. He's too arrogant to admit when he's been beat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  15. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I have always said this is a win win for us it either justifies that godel has to much power or that the cheating bastards from boston get their due punishment.
    Now what I want to know is when will he serve his suspension? If he does serve it I want it to be critical, I want those bastards to lose each and every game he is away. I want his suspension to mean something. Of course it won't but that would be my personal wish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    The reason Brady is being suspended is that the court of appeals said Goodell had legal power to impose the suspension per the CBA.

Has nothing to do with Pats guilt in cheating.

I'm actually against the suspension and against Goodell. I'm tired of BS suspensions meanwhile Burfict headhunts every game.

17. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I think you're right from the standpoint that Goodell has no measuring stick for this stuff. Ben got SIX GAMES (albeit reduced to four) for something of which there was no proof and no charges filed.

The way I see it, however, is that the NFLPA gave him this power of discretion. And now several cases have come up in which that power has been nullified. From a union standpoint this is good; but on the other end, if courts rule this way, it sets the precedent that a labor contract means nothing anymore, and that will ultimately have a negative affect on workers. Most union workers are not millionaires like Brady.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    True. It is good that the CBA is held up. But like you said Ben got 4 games without having done anything while others get lifetime suspensions for pot while others like Donte Stallworth kill someone and come back to play.

NFL punishments are all over the place.

Basically players are punished according to the level of bad publicity they bring to the league.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Well, as far as his power is concerned, we were the only franchise in the NFL that voted against him having such power. And he went after us right from the start.

But in the case of Brady, I think he got off light. Considering that the Patriots are repeat offenders in cheating, I felt that Bellicheat needed to be suspended as well because the ball deflation thing goes over one season. So you know Bellicheat had to be in on it. There is nothing that goes on with that team he doesn't know about.

The text messages showed that they purposefully paid the guy in signed, New England Patriots jerseys that he( ball deflator) went out and sold for 500 dollars and more. So that way there was no monetary paper trail for anybody to find in case something was discovered. Then Brady stupidly destroyed the phone thinking that was going to cover up those text messages? That's obstruction of an investigation in itself.

Patriots need to shut up and just move on. And that goes for their arrogant fans too.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Ultimately, the Patriots were at the forefront of the NFL's CBA; second only to Dallas. Any member of their fan-base that cries "foul play" have themselves and only their own franchise to blame for it. Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones, and the other 28 owners signed away their rights to challenge Goodell. Only Pittsburgh thought that it was too much.

Granted Steelers Nation, we should NOT, in any consideration, give Goodell a pass. Never-mind Spygate or any other shenanigans Bill has done, the Ray Rice case, Adrian Peterson case, Greg Hardy case and numerous other cases he has flopped. To add salt to the wound for Steelers Nation, Ben gets slapped six games for a crime he did not commit; later reduced to four. Goodell would NEVER admit he is wrong, but during the time, does anyone else here have a bit of the "conspiracy theory juices" going considering Ben's suspension was a year right after Pittsburgh said no towards giving Goodell absolute power?

Coincidence?... For me? No.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I'm happy Goodall started a love affair with the Patriots because for the longest time, we were his obsession. I'm glad he's off our backs with his bullshi*. At least he found someone who actually needs to be punished.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Your spot on my friend. And may I add more? :

Goodall gave Ed Reed a pass when he exceeded the amount of flagrant fouls for the year in the playoffs but Goodall came in and over ruled his own rule so Reed wouldn't miss a game; Then, when Ray Lewis was proven to have received a federal express package with the Deer Antler juice in it, proving that Lewis was taking it as a PED, Goodall looked the other way when Lewis should have been suspended for the Super Bowl.

And...when the Ray Rice situation first came up, Rice told Goodall face to face what transpired and Goodall gave him a slap on the hand punishment. The only reason he was ultimately kicked out is because the tape of the incident made it to TMZ. Goodall has always tried to cater to the Ravens organization.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Something tells me though that Ozzie's and the Raven's FO are indirectly letting off more than they know. Never-mind the fact that Ozzie and "Goodall" are good friends (favoritism and cronyism to a degree), but Goodall and the NFL, for the past 10 years, using the Steelers-Ravens rivalry as a distraction to hide whatever they are doing.

Granted, Ozzie is one heck of talent seeking shark, but his and his FO's other areas are in question for me.

24. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    The NFL punishes players only according to the publicity damage they do to the league.

James Harrison had a domestic violence incident and I don't think he got a suspension at all... but it wasn't on video.

This is another non-conspiracy.

Ray Rice effectively lost his career (what was left of it as a backup) based on the incident and sonehow he got off light? I don't get it.

Donte Stallworth killed a pedestrian with his car and missed one season... but it wasn't on video.

25. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Brady cheated; the text messages prove it; And now he and the rest of the Patriots have to take that hot beef injection they so richly deserve. :applaud: