1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant accepts 1-year suspension

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I can't see how the Steelers bring him back, they are just backing him so his life can get back on track.....they'll trade or cut him in a year for sure.

I can't believe how many millions of dollars he will lose cause of all this.

2. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    At first I thought that maybe him going to rehab was just a show, I haven't heard of too many people going to rehab for marijuana.
    But I also heard things about him having depression issues so it makes sense that he'd try to self medicate. I truly hope that he gets the help he needs, quite smoking pot, & gets better as a person. Then I hope he gets better as a player & comes back as a Steeler.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I hope Martavis embraces the help being offered to him. If so, I'll be here waiting for him when he gets back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    They brought Vick on board... Why would they not give Bryant another chance? He's a pothead for Christ sake, not a dog killing sicko. Not to mention, his contract is even cheaper than Vick, and his production is 100x what Vick brought to this team.

5. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Hope most fans will pray for Bryant . Lifting him up and helping him turn his life around would in mho be more true to the Steeler way than failure. God Bless those who help a man when he is down.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I would imagine - though we're looking far off into the future - that the issue will be how much he is needed, in relation to how secure he is after his year off. If Coates comes and lights up the league (no pressure there, of course...) then Bryant's stock in Pittsburgh will lower considerably.

I get the sense that with the Steelers - as with other teams, probably - if there's a problem that's out on the table, and the player is keeping the team involved, then they're happy to stand by them. If the player is trying to deal with it by keeping it away from the team (and in Bryant's case, failing), then it's a different story. I'm thinking of guys like Limas Sweed and Cortez Allen (to an extent) as well as Bryant.

7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    After getting a 1yr suspension, a player has to apply for reinstatement once his year is up. And since there's no guarantee he will get the reinstatement, it is essentially a minimum one yr suspension. In the case of the 4 game suspension, reinstatement is more/less automatic after time served. Assuming that there are no other violations.

8. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Right, I forgot that a player has to apply for reinstatement. Thanks.