1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant facing season long suspension

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ClairtonPanther, Mar 12, 2016.

1. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow Morris. I haven't seen you this upset since you ran out of weed last week. (that's a joke for those sarcastically deficient)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Some fans were ready to trade Wheaton :facepalm:, it's a good thing they drafted Coates last year and re-signed DHB. Bryant is costing himself money on his second contract, it won't be with the Steelers that's for damn sure. If Bryant is suspended for the year the Steelers get his 600,000 salary to use this season.

3. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Why do you think they call it dope

Martavis = Dope

4. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Haven't smoked in years.

5. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    There can't be a debate. There is only one side to the issue.

Marijuana wasn't illegal for America's first 161 years.

It has more health benefits than drawbacks.

It generates money in the economy and is expensive to police.

It reduces violence and aggression.

On what basis should it be illegal? Because idiots now agree with the racist idiot in 1937 who made it illegal?

Seriously check out Harry Anslinger's quotes (Federal Bureau of Narcotics chief) and see why weed was made illegal.

You'll get a kick out of the backwards and repressed regressive thinking that so many people ascribe to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That's all awesome, but the NFL has rules and he broke them that's the issue.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry - enough of the product endorsement - we've all smoked it and many continue to - but the fact it's against the rules in the NFL - and MB's been given so much coddling and warnings and has so much financially at stake.........AND he still goes out and smokes it - tells you something about the product itself PLUS the mindset of this individual. End of story.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Olympians don't have medals taken away for pot use.
    That's a really poorly thought out argument, Glenn.

"This woman is in jail because she drank a beer in private. We have rules and she broke them. That's the issue." --- 1929

See how that works? Laws get changed at municipal, state and federal levels every year.

Companies change their policies to accommodate those changes all the time.

9. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    The issue is actually that the NFL is pandering to a stupid public and doesn't want its athletes to seem "thuggish."

Marijuana is not physically addictive unlike the cocktails of dozens of pharmaceuticals that players currently take and often get addicted to.

"A 2011 study by researchers at Washington University in St Louis found that former NFL players were four times more likely to abuse prescription painkillers than the general population. And more than seven in 10 players who used pain medications during their playing days went on to abuse them."

MB broke the rules. He is an idiot. He will be punished for being an idiot. I personally stopped smoking pot occasionally due to piss tests at work. He could have too.

The bigger issue is that a harmless drug that could alleviate the chronic pain many of these players face is illegal and forces them to use potentially life damaging pharmaceuticals.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    SHENANIGANS!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Real steel

Dec 9, 2012
    Breaking news

[​IMG]
    Martavis Bryant is facing a full-season suspension from the NFL not because of positive drug tests but because of missed drug tests, one of his agents, Brian Fettner, told DKPittsburghSports.com tonight.

Bryant, according to Fettner, never showed up to multiple tests because of “depression and coping issues.”

“He didn’t fail a test,” Fettner said. “He missed tests. But a miss is a failure to comply.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am not sure where you get your information on marijuana but I can assure you that at least one death happened because a 22 year old college student decided to drive under the influence. I will not compare the statistics with you on other causes of deaths. I just wanted you to know that 1 death is 1 to many and it only takes 1 time for it to matter to certain people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Real steel

Dec 9, 2012
    “He had a life insurance test three weeks ago,” Fettner said. “He came out clean.”

14. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    The Steelers have been really good with not dealing with trouble from their players. That's something I loved about this organization- it always gave me a real sense of pride to be a Steelers fan. Unfortunately, I think if we want to be a Super Bowl contender, we have to stop getting rid of these guys. My first thought was to cut him too. Before, I would've disagreed with Blast Furnace. But now I agree. I still hate that we signed Mike Vick & I'm not saying that we should go get us Ray Rice or someone like him. I'm talking about the guys we already have. We just let the league punish him & keep him on the roster. But we at least try to help him get things together. Maybe this is the wake up call he needs. Or maybe he just don't care, I don't know how much longer we have him, but we use him until his contract runs out & go from there. If he's still the same old Tavis, then don't sign him back. With players running a dog fighting ring, trying to use steroids, hitting their wives/girlfriends, cheating on & off the field, killing people, & using drugs, maybe the NFL isn't the place to look for a role model. So I don't think it sends the wrong message either.
    This is just how it is now, as sad as it is. Not even we can stay away from it anymore.

15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    You better mean Cody

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I burn like a house on fire and have for 20+ years and this dude is an idiot. Hell, if someone offered me $100000 I would quit and never look back, let alone millions. He knows the rules and straight didn't care.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Hopefully Murphy continues to grow or Rogers picks up where he left off before he got hurt.

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    This is turning into a John Grisham thriller. Chances are - the life insurance testing was done at his pad by a visiting RN and he didn't have to deliver his bottle of pee anywhere. Can't the NFL or Steelers do likewise? That way this paranoid millionaire wouldn't have to ever leave his residence to face the cruel world (except on game days of course). :zombie:

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I concur. Their chances of being drafted by the PGH Steelers went way down.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :noose:
    Well that's easy enough. Some of us are better qualified at taking the immoral, illegal and totally uninformed route any way. :crybye:

21. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We older fans saw this same kind of thing with Tim Worley. I initially called Bryant an idiot but there may be more than meets the eye there.... I changed my avatar to Sammie Coates a good while back because I really think the young man can be a special player. Now he gets his chance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    The only way to OD on weed is smoke inhalation. Takes pounds to do so.

Meanwhile alcohol poisoning has killed hundreds of thousands maybe millions globally (shout out to Russa).

Being under the influence while driving could also be Nyquil, T3s, allergy meds... etc. etc. etc.

Don't operate whilebunder the influence. Spurious argument. Driving while intoxicated isn't allowed for any substance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    "Older fans"? That makes me feel better. :shock:

Heck, I was going two decades farther back to Ernie Holmes.

24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    See this is the way I feel, I stopped over 20 years ago. I was a casual user, but when the company I work for then said starting the 1st of the year random testing I feel my job was way more important...and I made a hell of a lot less then 100k. Most of my friends did it and still do I am around it often but I don't do it. I worry about my job and I also do a lot with youth sports so I worry about my rep and what would happen if I was ever caught....I am from a small town so everyone knows everything about everyone!
    Anyways what I am getting at is I don't make a ton of money I live paycheck to paycheck and I am willing to give things up. I just shake my head when I read about these "star" in sports today. They have so much to lose I just don't get it, a lot of them come from poor backgrounds and you would think they don't want to go back to that. I am not standing on a pedestal and bragging I am just saying I can't understand how most of these guys are just willing to throw what they have away. Now listen I totally understand they live in a different world then us and the temptation is so much greater, but come on it is about the person you are and who you want to be.........Anyways I am still very disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not going to argue with u over it. U said it never killed anyone. It has. It's a reckless statement. I never said overdose. Don't operate with under the influence? If it was that easy to do then alcohol wouldn't be a problem either.

• Agree Agree x 1