1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant facing season long suspension

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ClairtonPanther, Mar 12, 2016.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Jesu Cristo! In honor of the recently departed, "Just say no!"
    "Why do you think they call it dope?"
    "This is your brains on drugs"
    .....and other catchphrases.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    On the bright side, we won't have to listen to announcers mispronounce his name for a while!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Man this sucks, what a shame and losing a talent like this is gonna hurt but it will be how we rebound from this that is important. Sorry MB I am to disappointed in you right now to even talk about you and your problems.

What I think about our offense is that we are deep, Coates will need to take the next step and DHB is going to have to be the guy we saw last year not the one that we saw with other teams. Now we can see more into the signing of Green and paired with James I feel will help with the loss of MB.

I like the way Haley can call a game and let's not forget we have one of the best in the business back there in #7. This offense is something special and we have proved in the past we can replace just about anybody not names Ben.

Now I haven't even sniffed at the WR's in this years draft so I can't comment on any. I will say this I saw the name Wallace mentioned and I have no problem bringing he back here, vet min and if he stinks up the joint in preseason see ya!!!!!! I really believe he could be a part of this team again, he would not be asked to be a #1 or 2...maybe not even a #3 but I think he has enough left and enough to prove to contribute this year. Another guy to look at on the cheap only is Harvin, I read he is talking retirement but worth a look, imo.

Guys I have zero interest in are Washington, Moore and Johnson....I feel these guys are washed up!

Damn what a crappy bit on news after a pretty good week of FA!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, you can't say we didn't see this coming.

I mean, you have to be a special kind of stupid to get into stage three anyway. All the players know when they can smoke and the timelines for avoiding the tests.

I think Hines Ward and Ryan Clark had some things to say about that at one point.

5. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Yea I read an article about him going to rehab.
    His agent said that he has a problem with pot & that it's not a partying issue, it's a depression & coping issue. They're going to try & get him into rehab tomorrow.

I'm a little suspicious. He could be depressed, I don't know him. But he also could be using this to try & get sympathy & use this for the appeal. I guess we'll have to wait & see what happens.

I'd rather get rid of him, we really don't need this crap & there's no room for a guy like him on our team.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I read that it goes back to depression which is very real. Non the less, help is available, especially to NFL players. Ignoring the help and doing what you know will get you suspended is just poor judgement.

That's as polite as I can phrase it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    After this I agree with folks that suggest that Noah Spence isn't even a consideration in the 1st, no matter how talented he is. Nkemdiche should also be fully off our board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm an 80's kid and I've always just said no and have never done a single drug in my life. Saying no really does work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I went to college in the 70's. "No" wasn't invented for another decade.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    If it's a mental health issue, then that's a shame for him. And if it is mental health, then no amount of suspensions, pay cuts, or general shouting about what a dick he's been is going to turn that around by itself. It's more of a shame if he's been accessing the help that the articles report, but still using weed (or other substances) as a way through it.

In the meantime, we have Coates; we still have one of the best WR corps in the league, and some promising guys on the PS, plus the draft. It's irritating as **** that it's happened, but we'll move on.

12. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Not to contradict you but a lot of us said no to Blake being on the field but that didn't work. ;)

13. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! Well yeah.

14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Marijuana can relieve depression but so can Multi-Million dollar contracts. The weed can wait. Jamaica ain't going anywhere. Take my advice and enjoy the heck out of it in retirement MB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think he gets paid on suspention and if suspended a year it doesn't coult as a good year for retirement

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Was just coming to post the same since hearing about his possible depression. If thats true, I retract my first reply in this thread. Depression is very real, I know people who suffer from it. You can take medication but the only thing that really seems to help is talking to someone, need to set this young man up with a good psychologist, get him the help he needs.

Nope, he doesn't but I think I was replying to someones question about cap repercussions if cut.

17. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It remains truly baffling to me that the NFL polices marijuana use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats ok BF I also couldn't spell count

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Well, it is illegal in most states still. Should the NFL just ignore the fact that their players are breaking the law? Boy, that's a huge line to cross!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    What a bizarre statement.

First, marijuana "use" isn't actually illegal. In most cases the law is based around possession and/or distribution.

But you would think most Americans would agree that their 4th amendment right to privacy would be something they valued (especially as it relates to their employer).

Sure this has already been collectively bargained, but ultimately it's not much more than PR to distract from the fact that their product (football) causes brain damage.

22. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Yea... There's no depressed rich people :doh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    1. You can talk trash about Bryant all day but it is absurd that marijuana is tested for at all.

Grow the **** up.

Pot doesn't hurt anybody.

It doesn't enhance performance.

Alcohol resulted in 88 000 deaths from 2006-2010. Pot resulted in 0 deaths ever.

Alameda Taamu can go on a drunken high speed chase with the cops and stay in the NFL while Josh Gordon and Martavis Bryant will be suspended forever for smoking pot on their couch.

And anyone who says "It's the law" can go F themselves... or do you think slavery should have been upheld because "It's the law"? Laws change.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    All the more reason we need to sign Wedel now because our offense is going to suck next year

Antonio Brown is too busy dancing with the stars and concerned about his own personal business booming

DHB sucks he cannot catch a ball to save his life

We have no idea how effective bell is going to be coming off an injury

Forget about Wallace looks like the ravens are going to sign him even more now on Monday just to piss us off knowing we need a receiver

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Let's not derail this thread into a moral/legal/political debate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1