1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant facing season long suspension

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ClairtonPanther, Mar 12, 2016.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Stupid mother $&?!$&@

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Trade him to the bengals
    He'd fit in good there

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I wonder what exactly he did to get the suspension?

4. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The rules say he gets a 10 game for the fifth and a 1 year for a sixth. He's been busy. I feel we are jinxed if it isn't injuries it something like this. I want to see this team play with everyone healthy and straight . They can beat anyone if this can happen

5. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    I figured he wouldn't make it through the offseason without getting caught.. Didn't think he was dumb enough to get caught during the season instead.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Other than making a statement, it does no good to cut him. Let him finish out his contract, get as many games as you can from him and then just don't resign him. He'll never be worth the risk of a big contract.

7. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I agree about not cutting him, but I disagree completely about using him when he is not under suspension. I think it sends a poor message to guys that if you are considered a "star" that you can do whatever you want and possibly jeopardize the team while always maintaining your starting spot. I think he should be ride the bench as the last string WR until his contract is up and then we let him go. Needless to say, he probably wont even be available for games to even bench him because he will likely be suspended for this year, get caught again while suspended this year, and suspended next year.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    How does it send a bad message? He gets punished with a suspension. So when he's done serving that, you punish him again? Totally disagree. He helps the team out very much. Big difference when he is on the field.

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just cut him. I'm done with this ****ing guy

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    You probably wanted the team to hang on to Holmes then right? We all agree that he should be gone after this contract is over, and we don't want him to fall into the hands of a rival (which he likely will after the contract is over and miraculously never have another infraction with his new team), but I think we should find his replacement (Coats?) now and stick with them, even if Bryant was available. Unless the replacement was utter garbage and we were in dire need at WR, I just find it hard to justify playing a guy who has done so much damage to the team by getting repeated suspensions by doing stupid things.

11. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Dumbass...:facepalm::shrug:

What a waste...

Dissappointed, but unfortunately, not too surprised...

Glad we have the depth we do at wr, and really hoping Coats turns into a stud.

Bryant sure did help, when on the field, tho... C-YA!

GO STEELERS!

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    For me personally it would be more of a character thing. He got another chance and blew it. (at least it appears he did, not 100% sure what he's done yet.) He's hurting the teams chances by doing this stuff. I'm not totally against giving him another chance, but if he got a year suspension then that means he has been caught at least two times since the four game suspension. My money is on he gets cut.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't really remember how I felt about cutting Holmes but who cares? I think I was surprised and probably a little ticked at him and the Steelers. The guy helped us win a SB with an outstanding catch, I appreciate that.

As far as Bryant goes, guess I just don't believe in punishing someone again after serving a suspension. If there is someone better, then by all means play them but if Bryant comes back and he's the best player, better believe I want him on the filed. These severe suspensions over pot are ridiculous anyway. But, those are the rules, silly as they may be, he has to follow them.

14. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    jackfacepalm.gif

• Like Like x 1
  15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  17. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    We're probably gonna lose him. Such a waste

18. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I blame Tomlin and the whole Steelers Organization

19. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm going to let the dust settle on this before rushing to judgement but its looking more and more that he has gone down the same road that Josh Gordon did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
  21. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    What a shame, nothing i can do abt it, so im not gona drell on it

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just as I suspected and have asked many times would he stay clean? Josh Gordon revisited
    What a shame,The steelers will not put up with this. It took them 60 yrs to build this brand
    Look how fast they got rid of Santonio Holmes, they basically gave him away.This is a
    devastating blow to the Steeles Superbowl hopes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Okay I guess I need to take back that trade Wheaton stuff...When I was thinking like that I was assuming that Bryant had got his crap together . It seems he can't so give his time to Coates/DHB.

24. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    It's all over Twitter, Ed Bouchette even tweeted about it, (He's a sportswriter for a local newspaper.) So I think it's true.
    What a selfish jackass.
    It is a little harsh for pot- but rules are rules.
    Poor Ben. He's wanted a tall receiver for years now & they just don't seem to work out here. I really hope they get rid of him.
    It obviously sucks losing him- it's going to hurt. But they're probably going to try to get another receiver & that's more money we're not spending on our secondary. And that makes this 10 times worse.

25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    does this open the door for a Wallace return?