1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin tells D. Williams to hush.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerJJ, Mar 8, 2016.

1. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    rdpointing.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    So true. So true.

3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

I'm salty in the fact of us losing twice to a horrible Ravens team. Tomlin getting a skirt put on him by Harbaugh again. We win those two games and we have home field advantage, we avoid playing the Bengals again and getting Brown hurt; We most likely beat Denver/ Patriots and go to the Super Bowl.

That's in my craw; real angry about Tomlin constantly getting punked by Harbaugh.

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Tomlin has no right criticizing anybody until he gets out of being on the bottom in the missionary position with Harbaugh.

So much so, he had to pretend to walk on the field while a play was in progress. That's how bad Harbaugh is in his head. Tomlin neeeeeeds to shut up. Because when it comes to Harbaugh, Harbaugh has a tatoo on Tomlin's left butock's cheek; "owned by Harbaugh"

5. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    I would bet he did talk to him personally first and was just putting some distance between the comment and the Steelers organization.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    true same here

7. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    DWill is a POS

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    "Yeah, well, that's like...your opinion, man."_ The Dude

9. BLACKGOLD CHAMPS

BLACKGOLD CHAMPS Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    If Indy had an outdoor stadium it's my opinion Manning would never amassed the stats that he has. But since that wasn't the case. He will be a first rounder into the HOF. At least he knocked the Cheaters out of another shot at a Super Bowl title.

10. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Being non-PC doesn't mean you have to be rude towards other people. The time to bash someone isn't during his retirement. Honestly, what's the point? The guy is done, he isn't playing anymore, why trash a guy who has had one of the greatest careers of all time, with his last year being a down year? Are players not allowed to have down years as they get older? Clearly he wasn't the same player, the whole world knows that, but as part of a team, he won when it mattered the most.

I'm anything but politically correct, but that doesn't mean I don't know when to simply say nothing. Being rude isn't non-PC. DWill could have just kept his thoughts to himself, or at least shared them with friends and family instead of the whole world, and no, that doesn't make him PC

• Like Like x 1
  11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What are his stats in domes vs outdoor stadiums?

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Dont know but until this year, he played very well in Denver. Don't think anything would have changed had he played in a non dome stadium his whole career.

13. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Your refering to "timing" of something said. And I get that. But D-Will is correct when he says Peyton was garbage. But if it were me, I too would have said nothing. I'd have let him go without saying a word.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I've always said that he benefited from the conditions in which he played under as well. I've never liked dome teams because I just feel like the deck is stacked in their favor most of the time as far as having guys put up stats under perfect conditions.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm pretty sure his record in sub 40 degree temperatures is actually not very good. Somebody threw it out this year if I'm not mistaken.

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

And then there is the Rams, playing in a dome......

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He was 6-5 overall.
    *edit* I know what you were referring to now, he was 0-5 at one point in playoff games under 40 degrees.

Denver Stats:
    2012: 4659 yards 37 TD's 11 Ints
    2013: 5477 yards 55 TD's 10 Ints
    2014: 4727 yards 39 TD's 15 Ints
    2015: 2249 yards 9 TD's 17 Ints

Only his last year sucked. His overall Indoor/Outdoor record:

Peyton Manning Stats.jpg

18. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
  19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Shaner when would the appropriate time be to talk about this last season of his career when the conversation was taking place in which one person was claiming something that was clearly wrong. Yes we could all honor Manning's career and ignore the sharp decline of this past season. We can blow smoke and pat him on the back and six or nine months down the road we can try to discuss it and everyone will say who cares he has retired. So yes the week of his retirement is the perfect time to discuss Manning career including the steaming turd that was this season.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Give me a break Thorn, Prisco wasn't even talking to Dwill, he simply put out a tweet that he thought Peyton could play another year.

Dwill took it upon himself to respond in a very immature way.

21. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I admit, his first choice should have been to say nothing.

22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Prisco put it out there in a tweet. Williams responded and Prisco responded to that, at that point it became a conversation and by all accounts there were several tweets that went back and forth which to me says discussion. Look I like Peyton Manning always have but why is his retirement different than any one else's? He is a big boy and has had criticism before this. You guys are acting like he is dead. He retired, heck Heath Miller retired and I have more love for that man than I do for Manning but it didn't stop me from discussing his career and HOF worthiness that very day. Why is Williams speaking out about this last season wrong? Why is it classless to discuss the great steaming turd of a season when talking about what is a long and storied career? My god man, Manning threw for 42 yards and 4 picks and got benched in a game and anyone who tries to say it was an even average year for Manning needs to be called out on it, now not in two weeks, two months, or next year, but in the course of the conversation.

23. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Why? Why is this a taboo subject? Lots of opinions on Heath Miller the day of his retirement and he is a Steeler?

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The way you keep using the adjectives you do to describe his season seems to indicate some sort of pent up hostility towards the man, not sure how much you like him.

As for why? How about common courtesy? Why choose the day that they are honoring his career to act like a punk? I dont know, guess I was raised with better manners then Williams.

25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    How would you describe it? using his normal numbers as a baseline and a typical Manning performance as a measuring stick? I work with a die-hard Broncos fan and those are the terms he used to describe Mannings season and praised the fact that they had that defense. He had an injury that obvious hindered him and it is a shame that his final season was marred by such a abysmal play from one of the best QB's in the game however it happened and no amount of being courteous changes it. There have been plenty of retirements in the last months and no one got the kid gloves treatment. What is bothering people is that Williams is a Steeler and this doesn't jive with the image that many of us associate with our team. The reality is and I hate admitting it is that they are less like Miller ( silent, do his talking with his play, respectful) and more like Williams or AB or Wallace with the late hit. I mean some in this thread have said it already but would it really bother people if a member of the Raiders said it or the Texans, or Pacman Jones?