1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Vontaze Burfict blames Bengals teammate for playoff loss to Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Guest, Mar 2, 2016.

1. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I read that quickly and thought "how would snip know that?". Wrong fore word.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would rather lose all 16 games than be associated with a POS like this.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think that's the big problem. He's all over the field, making tackles left right and centre... so on balance, did he lose the game for the Bengals? Probably not. But games aren't lost on balance, they're lost on key plays, for which Burfict has huge responsibility. As do others, of course, but to pile it all on them is just ridiculous.

4. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    did the same thing on the word
    didn't realize it was SNIP until you mentioned it
    but now
    I think it was foreplan

• Like Like x 2
  5. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    There is a chance that Burfict would have turned out differently but I doubt it.

Steelers have failed to correct the behaviour of Anthony Smith, Taamu, Rainey, even Harrison (you can't tell that guy ****).

Burfict doesn't just play over the line he can't see the line.

Now he's throwing teammates under the bus.

No Steeler said a word about Toussaint fumbling to the Broncos.

What I got from the interview was 0% accountability from a veteran player.

6. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I agree with this.

James was targeted by the NFL and was hitting the way others were too, he just had more of a spotlight on him. He has since been able to get the spot light off him and is no longer getting fined for suspect hits.
    Yep totally agree with all this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I completely agree with your opening statement, but that is the NFL. He should have been suspended well before the playoff game against us. His hit the week before against the ratbirds was completely uncalled for. The NFL was finally forced to deal with him when he lit up Antonio Brown and they did so as lightly as they could. On his current suspension he should have been told that if he does it again he will miss 1/2 the year and the next time will be out a year and finally out of the league all together. Instead he is given 4 games and will be right back to his antics unless someone steps in and lays down the law to him.
    Yes the guy has talent, but he's not worth the risk and ended up costing his team a HUGE win. The fact that he is not taking blame shows me his commitment to change is zero. He will come back from this suspension and will once again go back to his own style of playing to hurt and injure anyone he can. In order to turn a corner you have to show some signs of willingness to change, please show me where you see that potential, because I sure don't see it. As was pointed out earlier he has played this way since college and the Steelers were right to pass on him IMHO.

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And if he had used wide instead of narrow this whole thing could have been circumvented (so to speak). :cool:

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Actually it's a 3 games suspension and not 4.

More to the point though. I think he will have to change but somebody is going to have to force him to do that, more so than Gooddell and his fines and game checks probably ever will. The guy is a time bomb for sure. His dad as far as I know was, or even still is a crack head and even spent many years behind bars. Therefore he probably didn't have much parental guidance growing up. Marvin Lewis with his flowery quotes and giggly laughs isn't that guy for certain. I hate to say it, but Joey Porter could probably mentor him into one of the best in the game. He certainly has the talent. As I stated before, if fans don't see that then they haven't been watching. His football IQ is nearly off the charts for his position, kinda like the other archenemy we all hated when the Steelers faced Ray Lewis.

I'm not a big fan of Burfect and never was but the way I gloat on about his potential many would probably think otherwise. He is young and stupid. I could probably say that about 1/3 of the draft class that will be entering the league this year but that would be another topic altogether. If he does shape up though, I hope he either becomes a Steeler and helps us or goes to a different division where we wouldn't face him 2 or 3 times a year. The guy consistently is a double digit tackler, a force fumbler and has great interception capabilities plus a great STer if necessary.

As they say when a QB is passing the ball, there are 3 things that can happen and 2 of them aren't good. I see the same scenario when talking about Burfect. He will either be forced to leave the game due to his health in regards to repetitive concussions resulting from his playing style. Be sidelined by fines, suspensions and loss of game checks. Or change the way he plays the game IF he wants to continue playing in the league that will reward him the most. Saying there is ZERO chance he can change at this early stage of his career is a bit too pessimistic to me. JMHO.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Having a hard time determining which makes me more ill. Wardways man crush on Burfict or Blounts man crush on Brady :sick: :lolol:

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Oh' sorry. I forgot to put on my Black N Gold glasses today.

Mike Tomlin is the brightest bestest wisest coach in the league and there is no other supreme coach better on the planet. Burfect is a terrible turd of a human being.

There, does that make everything cool now?;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Its cool, if you want to slobber all over a guy that helped to end our season and injured our 3 best players, knock yourself out!

To each their own, i'm still going to vomit over it though. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 2
  13. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    notbelievingyou.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Don't forget that he also ended the Bengals season too. Even with the "wrong parachute or blah blah blah someone else's fault."

15. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Yeah my bad 3 games guess that was my wishful thinking and again another joke of a punishment by the NFL.

While I think it would be great if this guy turns it around, he is in a terrible situation for that right now. As you stated Marvin isn't going to do it and I certainly don't see it from within the organization since they also stand behind his actions. Then you have IDIOTS like Deon Sanders who see nothing wrong with his hit on Antonio Brown, and yet claims he is good friends with Brown. I truly believe that Deon is purely a Steeler hater as evident by his statement on this hit and his post game comments when the Steelers won SB43. Yes I know what James said about the hit as well, but that just goes to further my point. I don't agree with him on this, but I believe his statements were more about what he thinks of the NFL rules and Go to hell in general than about the actual hit. JMHO

I further believe the only thing that will get his attention is, if/when he gets more suspensions and a stronger message sent by the NFL.

I also honestly think him becoming a Steeler are about as close to zero as possible at least as long as the current ownership is in place. He took out 2 or our star players and injured Ben, and ultimately cost us a chance to advance into the playoffs.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol: Knew someone was going to chime in with that.

Wonder if Burfict ate his sandwich from Primantis.

17. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Can't wait to hear the Jeremy hill interview....