1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Board still active.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by slickster10, Jan 29, 2012.

1. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    This has gotta be the most active I’ve seen a board after a season, especially after not making it to the Super Bowl. If I didn’t know any better I would think that our season wasn’t over from looking at the activity on here. I hope the “Steelers Talk” keeps going strong during the off season because it will surly make it go by that much faster.
    -slick

2. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I plan on sticking around, during the off-season, for a change.

3. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes. I love the activity on this board.It shows were all true,loyal,informative fans.Keeping active on this board will make the time go bye that much faster until the draft and preseason starts.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Definitely. Some of the posts drive me crazy, I'm sure I drive others crazy but I'd rather be here hashing it out with you guys then having no football discussions at all. :thumbs_up:

5. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm stoked that the board has stayed active. We don't all agree on everything, but it's nice to have some fellow fanatics to discuss and debate our beloved team even after the season has come and gone.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Draft talk is going to be crazy in the next couple of months.....no offseason here

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yep thanks TFT for giving us a pLace to talk steelers 24-7 365 days a yeAr!

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually, I've never seen a game of foozball in my life...I just have no life and this is my contact with the outside world.

9. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
    That my friend is hilarious.

10. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm just happy I can actually post on this Board as opposed to repeated sending activation email requests over the course of many years and receiving no actual response.

11. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011

:amen:

12. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I read a lot more on the old board than I ever posted (mostly b/c I had just gotten used to only reading after trying to register and post for 5+ years), and once the season was over, I only checked in to read every couple of weeks.

Honestly, this board feels like more of a community (again, probably for me because of not being able to post for years), and it does seem to be much more active now that the season is over than the other board used to be.

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Man! After reading the title, I thought this thread was going to be about the old board rising from the dead yet again... 2 in the head = your dead - even for zombies.

14. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Funny, that's what I thought too. With everything that's going on (coaching changes, super bowl, free agency, combine, draft) I can't imagine not having this board active!

:flag:

15. NM Steelers Fan

NM Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I love having an active board even though diehardsteel is killing me on my spelling.

16. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I love this board dude. The difference between Steelers fans and all the others is the fact that we are fans year around. I once saw a post on nfl.com that said "peolpe walk around pittsburgh in april wearing big ben jerseys and that's just over the top" I was like "dude I live in TN and I wear jack lambert jerseys in april to nice steakhouses! it's called BEING A FAN!" It drives my wife crazy but oh well. If she goes crazy then we will just have that much more in common.

17. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's all in the past! :drinks:

18. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    So is the Blount in your name for Blount County or for Mel? We are over in the Karns area.

19. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It's for MEL. I live in Maynardville.

20. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Gotcha!

21. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I thought the same. I guess the Steelers Org. is putting its resources into Steelers Digest, Twitter and facebook. No problem with those forms of Fan social media but we fans still enjoy a message board also. My guess is they kept the old board up to finish the seasson then laid it to rest.

Good Bye old faithful and good friend!!!!!!! You and my glass of Sweet Tea in the morning got my day started off right for many years.

As far as the board still being active, It, all steeler mess boards, are active year round, with the playoffs,senior bowl, coaching changes, combine, draft, free agency, OTAs, Training camp, pre-season, final cuts, reg. season, playoffs etc,. Its what seperates football from all other sports and the Steelers from all other teams.

Cajun-

22. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Why am I not more surprised to read this?

23. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Spoken Like a true Carolinian! Only in North Cackalacky! :D

24. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Best animated .gif signature ever! :thumbs_up:

25. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    LOL!!!!