1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New Ghostbusters trailer released

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by SteelinOhio, Mar 3, 2016.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    So, what do you think? Excited about it? Not interested?

The trailer appeals to me more than I expected it to. I was afraid it was going to try too hard to be "hip", but it looks like it will retain the charm and goofiness that made the originals great.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I think this about sums it up for me:

:shrug:

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn't matter how good or funny it may end up being, Blount will still hate it :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I was just coming here to post this!
    I just don't know about this & it has nothing to do with the cast being all women.
    It looked ok till you find out that there's a person behind it, I don't really like that but I'm not sure what they could've done that would make me want to run to the theaters & see it.
    What makes a lot of these older movies so great are the time they were made. It's all about sex, sex, & jokes about sex. I just really hope this is better than the Vacation remake. That was terrible.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Sigh...............................................................:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:.........Kill me now.............

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I feel like that female sniper at the end of Full Metal Jacket that just lays there shivering uncontrollably begging "Shooot meeeeee...sh-sh-sh-shooooot meeeeee...."

7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    eehh ill probly go see it

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    What they could have done was force Bill Murray and Harold Ramis in to a room and made them kiss and make up for the sake of all the dorks that are my age and would have killed to have seen a true sequel to part 2. Not only did Bill Murray screw up the movie franchise but he ALSO screwed up the cartoon by saying that the great Lorenzo Music "didn't sound anything like Venkman" so then Lorenzo was fired after season 2 and went on to also do a great Garfield. THEN years later when they decide to make a horrible Garfield movie guess who then becomes Garfield...Wait for it... BILL MURRAY! At least I still have every episode of the show on dvd and can watch it anytime I want to. Dave Coulier was just abysmal as Venkman and when JMS stopped producing the show it really dipped in quality but the first 2 seasons and the first 2 films along with the Ghostbusters game from a few years ago will forever reign in my heart as some of my favorite things of all time. Also at least I can still collect the toys and get joy from them as well. So not ALL hope is lost. LOL!

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Nah it seems even the people who DON'T wear a Ghostbusters jacket on a daily basis seem to realize how bad this is. LOL! SO much product placement in that trailer. I saw Taxi Driver, Boris Karloff, Revlon, and Aladdin and those are just off the top of my head. Those proton packs are horrible too. They also basically just re-shot the old train scene from part 2 also and even put the female Winston on the trakcs. The Linda Blair parody was the low point though. I've been dreading this moment for a few years now it seems and it was as bad as I thought it would be. I really wish they would just do a Back to the Future revamp where Doc and Marty would travel back in time to stop Hollywood from doing horrible revamps...

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I didn't think it looks as awful as I thought it would. I'll check it out when it hits HBO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I was expecting to absolutely hate the new GB movie. I still might, but this trailer has taken me from expecting to abhor it to being slightly above indifferent.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, its chances have already improved IMO. I thought this was just going to be a remake but if I am not mistaken, it's the next generation of GB's, which makes sense since Murray and the rest cant be chasing down ghosts in their walkers.

This movie actually pays homage to the first team? No?

15. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE

16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I believe so.

17. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    I won't PAY to see it but I'll watch it online a few days after it's released.;)

18. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I'll watch it when it eventually makes it way to cable TV.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Better then just the whole remake trend. But, as others have said, I'll watch it when it hits cable.

And honestly, the 2nd one wasn't that good. Should have left the first one a stand alone movie.

20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Some old movies should never be remade including GB - e.g. Bad Day at Black Rock, 12 Angry Men (R), Wizard of Oz (R?), Gone With the Wind, The Day the Earth Stood Still (R), The Tingler, The Blob (R), The Haunting (R), To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Escape, The Magnificent Seven, Shane, It's a Wonderful Life, and Heidi (ha - just kidding).

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Is there a better sequel that claimed more fame than Evil Dead 2? I guess Christmas Vacation became more popular than the original but you can't beat the original Grizzwald's with Aunt Edna tied to the rocking chair atop the Deluxe Wagoneer, Eugene Levy as the car salesman and John Candy as the Wally World Security Guard.

• Like Like x 2
  22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    plus - the original Vacation includes the most quoted movie line of all time with me and my two brothers -"I'm so hungry I could eat a gas station sandwich!" - usually stated as we're gagging on crusty gas station mystery sandwiches in the middle of the Mojave on one of our many hellish road trips to Kelso, Ludlow, Baker, Nipton, Trona and Furnace Creek. :help:

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The Godfather Part 2 is the greatest sequel of all time and it's not even close.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The original one is my favorite too.

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Is there a writer shortage? Why does hollywood keep re-making movies that were just fine the first time? What's next? Re-makes of Airplane? Caddyshack? Blazing Saddles? Monty Python and the Holy Grail??? Leave good things alone!

• Agree Agree x 1