1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok so the whole car in the background thing I saw on facebook and last night when I watched the replay at 8 I kept going back and I didn't see it. I am wondering if this was a spoiler the show put out on the net.

The Deanna thing was stupid cause she looked all good but the last time we saw her she was getting eaten alive. I like the story just hate how it she was walker dinner then a walker.....anyways thats Hollywood!

Rick and Michonne, WOW!!! I guess the way last night started with like them 4 being a family we should have known but I didn't see it coming. Not sure how I feel about it just yet cause now 2 of the strongest ones are a couple. Loved how they both popped up out of the bed at the end....lol!

Flyin Jesus, this guy looks bad ass. I hope he is not a Negan groupie. I hope he works out cause I feel this group needs another bad ass and I would like to see him and Daryl form a team where they are straight up killers to anyone who tries to hurt this group. Kinda like I thought Daryl and Martinez were gonna form until the Governor decided to go golfing.

So on talking dead they did say things are going to get going pretty fast so a slow down like last night wasn't so bad, even though I was bitching to the wife and kid how stupid it was...lol!

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Youd think wed learn by now that implied deaths are anything but. I assumed she got torn up by the Walkers, but, they never showed it. So, shame on us :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah maybe we will be ready next time.........probably not, lmao. :drinks:

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Hey now, just because someone lives in Ohio doesn't mean they aren't intelligent enough to be a Steelers fan instead of a Browns or Bengals fan.

• Like Like x 2
  5. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012

Well, I did post the teaser in the pic above that showed Diana in Zombie gear. So we shouldn't have been surprised I guess.

6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Miss that show! That theme can make anything seem funny :lollmao:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Haha! Chris Hardwick asked and we received. :)

I heard somewhere that the Flyin' Jesus character is ninja-like. Is that true, Ray?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

And I'm sure, my dear Steelers brother, that you're better lookin' than their women. :hehehe: :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    If by "ninja like," you mean skilled in martial arts and crafty, then yes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    The walker Carl didn't kill was Deana. He said he felt as though a family member should do it, that's why he lead her to Spencer.

Overall, not a bad episode. Kind of curious where they go from here, since they still need supplies, and Flyin Jesus appears to be taking them somewhere.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ah, thanks :thumbs up:

13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Forgot to mention that I think Jesus was faking being unconscious. Probably pretty obvious to everyone here, but my wife didn't catch it at first.

He saw Rick and Daryl as being capable. And decent people - if at odds with him. Every chance they had to kill him, they didn't. He was only their "enemy" because they were after the same prize. And just as they surmised he had to be part of a group, so he did them. So he figured out a way to see where they came from and what sort of community they're part of. Just listening to Rick and Daryl while "sleeping" in the car probably gave him a lot of intel. (Which makes his falling into Daryl on every bump even funnier)

So... what do you do when you discover a similar community that isn't run by a whack job, or comprised of cannibals? Assuming, of course, such a thing exists.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Not sure about Michonne and Rick, Seemed really awkward to me. I thought their relationship was so far into the friend zone they were almost brother and sister. I had bitter beer face when they started kissing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, both my wife and I thought it seemed a little forced and awkward.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought so too but didn't see anything to indicate that he was. Just seemed like a good way to learn about your captors and what kind of people they are.

Not sure how he knew which house was Ricks though :scratch:

Maybe he is Jesus.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

18. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I highly recommend you do NOT watch this one until after the season is over. Major, major spoilers (even if they don't exactly follow the comics).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Oh boy the temptation is killing me but I can't do it.....lol!

• Like Like x 1
  20. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I thought that the Rick & Michonne thing was kind of awkward when they first started kissing. I always thought if they would get together, it would be a little awkward...but when they got into it, it would seem more natural. So I dunno if it was awkward between Michonne & Rick & they made it that way- or if it was awkward between Danai & Andy.

About the end scene:
    I just read an article on undeadwalking.com. It said that "According to the script made by Angela Kang & Cory Reed, Michonne & Rick were supposed to cover themselves up with the bedsheets (when they're surprised by Jesus). But neither the actor who plays Rick (Andy Lincoln) or the actress portraying Michonne (Danai Gurira) felt it was realistic for the characters. When it came to the act of modesty, Gurira said Michonne wouldn't be concerned about covering up- that she'd just go for her sword. Andy Linclon agreed with her, saying that Rick would go for his gun & they'd both be naked. They persuaded Kang & Reed to rewrite the scene more to make it realistic for the personalities of these two great characters."
    Andy Lincoln said, "We (he & Danai) campaigned for the butt crack shot (at the end). We both said if we're going to do it, let's do it." After that it just goes on to say that they don't know if the Richonne hookup was a one time thing or if it was going to lead to bigger & better things.

In other news, for those who read the comic book, are you happy with Jesus & who they chose to play him? I'm not. I was really REALLY hoping for Ryan Hurst, the guy who played Opie on Sons of Anarchy.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Opie.....Ryan Hurst is too busy on his new show The Outsiders......RIP SOA!!!!!! :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    It's an enjoyable show too. He's basically playing Opie again. (Outsiders is filmed near Pittsburgh to boot. So Opie fans, keep your eyes out when they're filming. ;))

Tom Payne seems alright so far as Jesus. Certainly looks the part.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

Chicken!

Just kiddin'...

Or am I?

Muahahaha! :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Guest

Guest Guest

You go, Maggie, guuuuuurl! Don't be takin' no crap from that douchenozzle, Gregory. I hate him.

Jesus, on the other hand, is yummylicious. He has gorgeous eyes. I think he's my new TWD boyfriend.

Don't anyone mess with Michonne's man. She'll kick your ass. :lolol:
    Abraham is such a dawg. I think he's going to break things off with Rosita so he can be with Sasha, though.

Maggie and Glenn's lil peanut is sooooo coooot!

Negan alert! We're goin' to war!

• Like Like x 1
  25. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014

I was bored earlier today (Sunday) & saw Outsiders is ondemand so I decided to check it out- just to see Ryan Hurst. I never realized just how big the guy is & it seems like he gained some weight. I still would've loved to see him play Jesus- but I'm now addicted to Outsiders. I only watched like 3 episodes but it's really good!

I don't know about yinz, but I think TWD is moving very fast. Like a month ago, Ricks group & Alexandria came together to fight the walker herd. Now, we're moving on to Hilltop already. I may be in the minority here, but after what happened, I'd love to have a couple episodes to calm down.
    There are times that people complain that certain things about the show aren't "realistic" enough. I think a few (mostly) uneventful episodes is realistic. (When I say uneventful, I mean that nothing big happens.) I don't know. Maybe it's just me trying to delay the inevitable. I don't think I'm ready for the Saviors yet. Can we just go back to Georgia please!?
    Going forward with the agreement Rick made will probably be an issue with Morgan. Rick should give him an ultimatum. The whole "all life is precious" thing is nice in theory and all- but with the world they live in- it's just not reality. Either fight with them, or put on a damn apron & start cooking & cleaning. He's good with his stick & they're going to need everyone that's able to fight. I just don't want him to get anyone else killed with his ridiculousness. I'd like to see him take his little stick up against Negan & see how that works out for him.