1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steven Jackson Looking Good

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers412, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Steelers412

Steelers412 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2015
    They did nothing to work them into the offense beforehand is my point as well. Just throwing a practice squad/rookie into their first game in the pros in the playoffs. It doesn't work.

Pead didn't work out as he was cut a few weeks later. Pead also had only started 1 game in like 4 years in the league. Experience. Experience is the key they wouldn't fumble the game away. There was plenty of backs available with experience.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I would've had no problem with them signing one of those guys you mentioned. You seem to think an experienced RB can't fumble.
    I'm starting to wonder if you're just trolling. With this thread and that nonsense about the Patriots losing to the Jets on purpose, make me wonder????

3. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    He wanted Joseph Randle! He of a career 181 carries and 3 fumbles. That's a 1.66% fumble rate (which would rank him 6th worst in the NFL last year among backs with at least 100 rushes).

• Like Like x 1
  4. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Bellichick pushed for the extra point change because he wanted Peyton to win one more.:lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, their first game worked fine and a big part of why they beat Cincy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I can buy the "working them into the offense" point. Experience has no bearing on fumbles tho. Bettis almost fumbled away the Indy game in '05, and he had plenty of experience and was known for not fumbling a lot.

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Jackson had 21 carries in his 2 games for 50 yards for a 2.4 yard average, not earth shattering by any stretch and probably had his last game as a pro Sunday, at least according to this:

Steven Jackson rushed four times for eight yards in the Patriots' AFC Championship Game loss to the Broncos.
    Jackson hammered home a first half score, but was otherwise stiff legged and ineffective. The Pats moved on from him in the second half. S-Jax was a nice story for the Pats down the stretch, but nothing more. Going on 33, it's hard to envision Jackson being in the league next season. Jan 24 - 7:39 PM

8. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    pacino.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I couldn't disagree with you more on this.

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, like Jerome Bettis!

11. Steelers412

Nov 2, 2015
    and why is that?

12. Steelers412

Nov 2, 2015
    I'd also like to point out there's another Steelers forums which I'm not a fan of but I went to see what they are talking about. Some want Zeke Elliot if available at 25 because the rb position has cost us 2 playoff games in a row. So I'm not as crazy as some. I disagree with that.. I think Toussaint will be fine with reps or if they can grab a vet like Steven Jackson.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok I'll bite here. Look your basic theory wasn't wrong and pre wildcard game it was an opinion echoed by many of us on this board myself included. I felt that a veteran RB would have more in game experience and that it would be more advantageous to have one on the roster vs say relatively inexperienced guys like Todman and Tousissant. However post wildcard game when both players showed they were up to the task. Where you have gone crazy is to continually champion your POV when the evidence is clearly against you as well as a staggering amount of personal opinion. I mean full kudos for fighting to the bitter end but you are wrong and no amount of rehashing it will make you right. Fumbles happen and the Broncos game was such that the first turnover was going to swing the game. Fitz was not holding it like a loaf of bread, he was making a football move and unfortunately the defender made a better one. No amount of experience changes that moment. End of story.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

The fumble is the obvious choice for placing blame;however, we had far bigger problems in that game. We were something like 2-12 or 2-13 on 3rd down. Our red zone production was abysmal as well. Also as others have mentioned a vet and certainly not a washed up vet like Jackson isn't an immediate recipe for success. Jeremy hill comes to mind

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steelers412

Nov 2, 2015
    How is the evidence against me because of one game or play if you will? He clearly wasn't ready. Yes, fumbles happen but I'm sorry it's not like he got popped going up the gut or he get held up or it popped out before his knee hit. Given the situation; driving for the lead, 2nd and 4, etc. He needed to just put his head down and get the 1st and keep the chains moving. The play was there and he tried to make more out of it and avoid contact. I'm sorry but that's not ready for the task to me. Once again I'm not blaming him. He should have never been in that situation. Also, the time to get the vet back-up was Week 9 when Bell was ruled out not when DWill went down and 1 week before the playoffs like last year. It comes from lack of preparation from the coaches. I know the players agree. On Steelers.com they had a sit down with MB what did you learn moving forward towards next year and he said "Ball security"

16. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Fitz is an excellent blocking RB (It's why he started over Todman when Deangelo went down). The fact that the originator of this argument never touches on anything related to blocking, the passing game, etc, the fact that it's been entirely ignored in this debate is quite telling. Steven Jackson only played 11 snaps last week... because he's a ****ing pylon.

Honestly, this has become borderline the worst football argument I've ever read on the internet. My breakfast knows more about football.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Bettis was clearly too inexperienced, and not ready

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    There are four pages of reasons, dude. Do you need more?

• Like Like x 2
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Cowher sucks!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  20. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I HAVE to read this post in a British accent to feel the full impact of it. LOL! I also love the new avatar. That video was awesome! In case you're wondering why I'm talking about that post being British it's because I'm supposing what you guys call the motorway is what we call the interstate.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    FBCI!(from CBS)

• Like Like x 2
  22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree with him. Except not.

• Like Like x 1
  23. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Classic. :applaud:

• Like Like x 1
  24. chipped ham

chipped ham Member

Jan 27, 2016
    So you're saying that a guy who had just gained 130+ all-purpose yards against a very formidable bungle defense was not ready to go against the Broncos? You're also seemingly expecting your #4 and #5 running backs to perform like they're #1's in this league. Answer me this; just how well did the patriots* perform after their #1 and #2 guys went down? It's a completely unreasonable and impractical expectation to have on back-up running backs that low on the depth chart. And of the available backs on the streets, none of them were plug n play guys. I mean, your boy Steven Jackson has been a bum for two years now. There's a reason he wasn't on a roster until so late in the season. And he didn't perform well at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    You obviously missed how hard he ran that touchdown into the endzone. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1