1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cover-up in New England ???

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelerdavidismyname, Jan 13, 2016.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Did anyone watch that special on NFL Network about the pats season last year? It is just sickening how well coached and well prepared that team is. I was watching them do a breakdown of how they had practiced for that goal line play in the Super Bowl and how they prepared 3 goal line packages and I thought I was in here by myself and I was just shaking my head and my wife said "Why are you shaking your head?" and I said "It's just irritating to see a team that always seems so well prepared for anything and everything and then watch us come out half the time and look like we don't know our butts from a hole in the ground". They have a guy named Ernie Adams who is their "Director of Football Research" and he gathers all the game film for their opposing team. I now firmly believe that dude is the best secret weapon in the NFL. Just curious if anyone saw it is all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I can respect where you are coming from BFT, it takes a lot of work to become
    a champion and stay a champion. I hate the Pats.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Ha, I was wondering that, too!

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  5. odessabronc

odessabronc Member

Jan 16, 2016

Because they are dopes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Is he married? If so, I truly don't know how his wife can stand living with that sourpuss. :lolol:

7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He's obviously never home, and she gets all the money!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Guy at work got all pissed off screaming that it's not illegal to use and isn't against the NFL's drug policy to use synthetic marijiuana.....

Really? You test for everything else and have all kinds of substances banned, but synthetic weed is ok? Also, after an overdose on legal or not drugs, why doesn't he get tested, because he's obviously using something?

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Chandler Jones cracked me up the other day when they asked him about this. He said, in a very professional and obviously prepared by a damage control person manner, "Um. I understand your question but right now I just wanna talk about the game". LOL! That is the most "Belichick" thing you could possibly say. Telling a reporter you "understand" their question is just a hilarious way to say you're not gonna answer it.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He's just there so he doesn't get fined!

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It looks like he's wearing blush and eye shadow. LOL!

12. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It takes a lot of work to pull off all the cheating they have and not suffer any real consequences.

13. BLACKGOLD CHAMPS

BLACKGOLD CHAMPS Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Patriots are a team most people can truly hate. But to give them credit they are extremely well prepared for anything that comes their way.

14. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Please anybody beat the Patriots, I don't care who just anybody.

16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You mean all the game film they took trying to steal signals?

17. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Half!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Looks like Pugsley Addams!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Ernie Adams is the same guy who was responsible for breaking down all the film illegally taped from the sideline. He is kind of the true intelligence behind the cheating. I was listening to David Todd of PGH ESPN radio and he said something like "hey if you can break down all that film and correlate an advantage out of it, more power to you." ... i.e. it may have been cheating, but you almost have to admire how committed the Patriots were.

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    He literally diagrams every single play and every single formation and package and gives it to the coaches and tells them what situations they use certain plays in. Apparently the guy literally just watches coach's film all the time. I'm sure we've got the same kind of people on our staff.

21. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes there is a Santa Claus, Hooray the Pats are out of it.

22. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Little bit of Davey Jones from the Monkees.

Just overall creepy though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel_in_DC

Jan 27, 2012
    Actually - I don't think the Steelers have a guy like Ernie Adams. He is not only a film watcher, but also a statistics and math guru as well. Furthermore, I actually don't think Tomlin would ever hire a guy like that considering all his comments about "coaching from his gut."

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    We did hire some really kinda weird position this year but I can't remember what it was. Seems like it was some kind of strategical analyst or something like that.

25. Steel_in_DC

Jan 27, 2012
    Yes I did remember hearing the Steelers did start an Analytics Dept or at least a guy or two. Basically there is a movement in Pro Football to be able to translate some of the same "Moneyball" type of statistical analysis that has been very innovative in MLB to the NFL. The Pirates have certainly benefited in finding some mid-grade pitching talent over the past few years where Sabre Metrics have probably helped.

I do think it is harder in football because baseball is more of a one on one matchup with the pitcher against the hitter. In football you are often really matched up against multiple factors where a distinct advantage is harder to flush out. However, with that said I am sure there are very smart minds out there crunching numbers and finding some things of insight. The Browns new Chief Strategy Officer was a guy who was pretty much the Analytics guy for the Red Sox - so teams are trying to find different ways to analyze talent.