1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bruce Arians is Colts new OC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The Colts don't run a ball control offense without Peyton anyway. He fits the personnel they have.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, it was KevDude, he was the leader! I would love to see him revel in his glory, he wanted this so bad :lolol: However, I think like many of us, he couldn't get on the old board anymore and found a new home before TTF created this one.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Well BA might be successful in Indy if Peyton stays, but if it Luck I think they struggle. Yeah BA was QB coach with Manning, but that still doesn't make him a great OC.

BA is good at game planning and scripting an opening drive. Horrible calling plays during a game.

Part of getting Ben to get rid of the ball quicker is going having the right play to attack the defense called. To me, Ben had a quicker trigger in his early years with Whiz as OC.

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Ben got rid of the ball pretty quickly against New England.

Why is it that everyone assumed that when he didn't, it was BAs fault for calling plays without short routes? Why does no one consider that just maybe its the guy who is throwing the balls fault?

5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    For a game or two that might be true... but for a season or two it tends to be a coaches fault!

6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Why?

I say its the other way around. If the QBs mentality is to look deep, then he's going to always look deep. It becomes habit and habits are hard to break. Is it Mike Vicks OC's fault that he took off running all of the time when he was in Atlanta? Or was Mike Vick quick to pull the ball down and take off with it because that was his comfort zone, because it was a habit he had developed in college that he couldn't break in the NFL?

Much to everyones disbelief, there are both long and short routes on just about every pass play called. If there isn't an OC will likely not be an OC in the NFL for very long, much less entering his 6th consecutive year.

7. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Peyton Manning must be on the outs now that they've hired BA. Slow developing long pass plays will get him killed. He is less mobile then Ben AND he has a damaged neck. I can see the Colts moving in another direction. (Mr. Luck)

8. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    They can have him and good luck to him. I have no problem with this whatsoever.

9. Tarrytown Steeler

Tarrytown Steeler Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You know, I was thinking about the upcoming meeting between BB and AR II. What if BB can't accept what he hears, is it out of the question for AR II to contemplate "refinancin"g his $100m QB while he is turning over his aging D?

Cincy does not have the core players we have and look what Dalton was able to do as a rookie.

I happen to be a big fan of BB, and am willing to live and die with his style of play. But the foresight to "trade in" a 30yr old who has served us well with two SB titles, but has an enormous number of sacks under his belt, not to mention concussions, broken bones, and a style of play that does not translate into longevity.

A franchise QB is tought to come by; to me, the gamble is keeping a great QB and hoping for 5 more great years or hoping to get Lucky for the next 10+ years.

AR II shopped BB a few years ago and could not get a #1 pick ( I think BB would be gone if AR II got the pick), would he trade him now for the ultimate # 1?