1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why it's all good...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by rukus4ever, Jan 30, 2012.

1. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    1. We have some of the best offensive players in the NFL: BB, Ward (hopefully he remains), Miller, Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Mendy, Red; indeed, we arguably have the greatest assembly of talent, overall

2. The LeBeau-led defense continues to perfom, at the top of the league, year-in and year-out

3. We're getting an new OC and hopefully a fresh take at breaking out the offense to its explosive potential

4. Art II has made his dedication to winning football known through his current actions

5. Tomlin as HC has posted 12-4 seasons for 3 of 4 years; two trips to the SB with one win; we make it to the playoffs almost every year (how many other of the 32 teams can boast this...? Only a handful)

6. The once-questionable secondary has proven it can play man coverage

7. The Steelers have a deep roster at the RB position

8. The Steelers recognize the need to address the O-Line inconsistencies (some teams trod along ignoring glaring issues; Cleveland anyone?)

9. The Steelers are probably the most hated/feared football organization in the NFL... when you have that many haters you have to be doing something right

:herewego:

2. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You're absolutely correct!

3. So Cal Steeler

So Cal Steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  4. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It's all good. Great Post.

5. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    BUMP...
    Just for a breath of fresh air/ positive vibes.. ;)
    But if I didn`t disagree with SOMETHING... there would be no reason to post, right?
    So... In regards to #`s 5 and 8....
    I doubt there are even a "handful" of teams who can boast they make the playoffs as consistentley as we do, and NONE that can boast the same number of Lombardis!! ;)
    And, I WAS gonna say, how do you know we are adressing the O-line issues?
    Then, I rememberd Pouncey, Gilbert, and (so far less than successfully), Hills, Legursky, etc...
    So, yeah, I guess they are at least attempting to improve...
    And I would say Kugler( i believe that was last season`s oline coach) is getting the most he can out of an injury depleted unit. Probably better than his predecessor(name forgotten)...
    And I would add that Carnell Lake, seemed to make a definite difference in our d-back`s play, although, I guess you already covered that, in the point about us being able to play man coverage...
    All in all... YES!
    I see plenty of reason to be optimistic, besides just looking thru "Gold colored glasses"...
    Even given the issues we have....
    We are STILL one of the most solid teams in the league, from top to bottom!!!

6. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We have some issues, but what team doesn't? We'll get them worked out. Still the best organization in football! :thumbs_up:

:flag:

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Because we have PWP as our resident message board coordinator and we have Redzone Redman.....

It has to be all good....

8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Kugler has done a nice job. Our OL has a ways to go but I think they get unfairly slammed by fans because of Ben's play and the play calling partly to blame. If Pouncy can stay healthy and Gilbert continues to progress with another high draft pick and maybe a decent FA, this OL could really ne good. BTW, the old OL coach was Larry Zeirlein who was unceremoniously canned 2 seasons ago, I believe. I remember coach Z's son popping off in the press that his dad was treated poorly and was the scapegoat for the poor O performance. And while the son did ot without tact, he may have had a good point that coach Z took the fall after the down year following the SB win for BA's ineptitude. At any rate, Kugler has done a good job in my book.

9. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Let's add that the Steelers have the best record, the most playoff appearances, the most Super Bowl appearancees/wins, the most division championships and the most playoff wins over the last 40 years! That's 40 years of dominant football from our Steelers. Yeah - we b*tch when there is a down year, but you can't argue with the fact that we are working on making it a half-century of dominance!

10. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You left out saunders and cotchery