1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How long do you think Tomlin will last?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HINES57, Jan 29, 2012.

1. HINES57

HINES57 New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I really don't see him staying in the Burgh for very long. I don't think we will ever have anothe Noll type run with the Steelers, but at this point, I can't see Tomlin even getting close to Cowher. :swordsman:

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Why don't you see him staying long?

3. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    FIRE HIM NOW HE HAS ONLY BEEN TO TWO SUPERBOWLS!!! also get rid of Ben he has done nothing for the team and DL **** all he has done is make us a top D also lets just move the team to LA cause Pittsbugh sucks ass rolls eyes where do all you people come from? god

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL, it's going to be a loooooong off season around here :doh:

Trust me, Tomlin has a lot of rope before he hangs himself, he earned that with 2 SB appearances already and winning one of them, three 12 - 4 seasons and an overall 55-25 regular season mark.

5. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    lol my feelings exactly, every time we have a bad season or there are some changes suddenly everyone thinks they can predict the future. We have 6 trophies for a reason, the Rooney's know what they are doing.

6. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Just fire everyone on the team and start over again.

:frustrated:

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He'd have to stink it up for a few years before they would let him go and I don't see us stinking it up.

8. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think he'll be around for a while. He makes me nervous at times, but his record says a lot. And besides all that he's a fairly young coach. The fact of the matter is he is probably still learning and developing.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That's true too :think:

10. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He's pretty much punched his own ticket for awhile - based on Steelers history. Even Cowher weathered 2 losing seasons in a row after a strong start. I wouldn't be surprised to see 10 more years or even more from him.

11. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    you don't see him "even getting close to cowher?"

?!

in four years, he already accomplished what cowher did in fifteen years. 2 super bowl appearances, won 1.

12. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Amen!

13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope Tomlin is around for a long while because that will probably mean we are having success. It makes you appreciate Tomlin a lot more when you look around at some of the yahoos and recycled coaches being hired this off-season.

14. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Not good enough, T_E! :thumbs_up:

I love these non-sarcastic threads; keeps things spicy.

15. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Dude you are smoking crack Tomlin will be our head coach for at least 10 more years if not longer there is no other coach out there to replace him. I like Tomlin his only down fall is he just is real quiet on the side lines when he coaches but we dont see what happens at halftime he could jump there ass like no other in the locker room.

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I dont see why it is a bad thing to be calm on the sidelines. Bellicheat doesnt really get worked im all for a chill head coach. Calmness keeps the mind clear.

17. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    i've made that point a thousand times. most super bowl wins (noll, walsh, landry, belichek). it's ridiculous when people think tomlin should be animated on the sidelines.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think MT expiration date will end when Ben hangs them up, unless we
    draft another franchise QB. MT needs to really step on the gas and put his own mark to
    his time here with the Steelers. Wasn't he suppose to be the best thing since sliced bread?

19. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This is the best you could come up with for your 1ST post ? :roflmao: :roflmao:

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Agree x100000. There are many reasons to not get into a Tomlin v Cowher debate, but how much they jumped up and down is really the worst.

21. HINES57

HINES57 New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I was just looking at it as all this off-season stuff was going on and he was clearly not on the same page as ownership. I never said he should be fired. He has some decisions to make and then we will see where he and ownership agree and disagree. It was just a question.

22. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    What wasn't he on the same page with? The only problems I saw were with BA and he is gone.

23. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    We got this Pee-Wee coach that has went undefeated for 3 years now... I wonder if I should forward his number to the front office?

24. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think the entire team was disappointed at the way the season ended. I also believe everyone will regroup, in the off-season, and come back stronger than ever in 2012. Everyone has basically said so.

I'm sure Tomlin has his share of issues. I believe the season we went 8-8 he had issues with some veteran players. Watching BA not follow Art II's suggestions for a more effective running game does make me wonder if Tomline was either: a) not on the same page with Art II, or b) no exerting enought influence over the OC. As other's have said, I believe Tomlin is a young coach and this is his first HC position. With the amount of success he has had, I believe we are okay with him as long as he continues to grow into his position. I think the important thing is that the team is not out of control. Are they a little sloppy and in need of some fine-tuning? Sure. But I think Tomlin is on the right track. Many other teams have the same issues. Look at the Giants. And they're in the Superbowl. The Steelers will be fine. :good:

To the OP: I have no problem with you posting your question/observation. The boards are for fans that want to voice their viewpoint. So, keep doing you.

25. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Tomlin has yet to have a losing season yet. Worse year was 2009 with 8-8 record. I think you only fire a coach if your on a few straight losing seasons or the players have lost faith in the coach. Look at the Bengals for example. Everybody there said Fire Marvin Lewis he is horrible, so he loses his starting QB, both WR's and gets a rookie QB and a rookie WR and takes them to the playoffs. I guess it was a good idea the Bengals didn't fire him. There is no doubt in my mind that Tomlin will be around a while, but it looks as if Art Jr is a little bit more vocal of an owner than Dan was, so you never know what can happen. I bet Tomlin deep down isn't happy that Art Jr. over ruled him on Arians though.