1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Keys to beating Denver?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Convert to whatever religion suits you best and then pray to whatever Deity you can find that the entire Denver defence comes down with pneumonia

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We might need a gadget play like, 2005.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I_got_a_steel_ring

I_got_a_steel_ring Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    There are no keys to beating Denver this time. Too many injuries to overcome. We lose convincingly

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    MOD EDIT...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Hope Denver's first snap sails over Manning's head and out the back of the end zone.

After that, on Defense they need to force punts in 3rd down. On offense, end each drive in a kick.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Might be reverse juju, I do it all the time lol. With that being said we win

7. odessabronc

odessabronc Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Denver is going to try and get their running going. If they do Steelers will have very hard time getting pressure on Manning. Also I would not bet surprised to see a lot two tight ends sets.

8. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    I hate when I come on a Steelers forum and I find whiners and criers who sound like other teams loser fans. Don't freaking count this team out. Let's go Steelers!

• Like Like x 1
  9. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    This board is inclusive not exclusive.:cool:

10. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    That's some John Madden level analysis right there.

11. I_got_a_steel_ring

I_got_a_steel_ring Active Member

Jan 13, 2016

You keep being an offensive little twerp. Do you realise how offensive you were to women taking about the period stuff. Grow up loser. I am a steelers fan but we lose tomorrow to a better team.

12. odessabronc

odessabronc Member

Jan 16, 2016
    I believe the Broncos will win but I don't think it will be a blowout. The game should be close and if Denver makes a mistake at critical point in the game it could cost them.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    If someone is posting in a manner that you think is inappropriate or against board rules, use the report feature to alert a moderator.

14. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coming in to a high altitude while being battered and bruised, I'm not optimistic about our chances. However, any given Sunday as they say, so I'll root my arse off and see what ensues.

For us to win, these 5 things must happen:

1) Win the turnover battle so says Captain Obvious
    2) Have two huge Special Teams plays while Denver has none
    3) Sack Peyton 5 times
    4) Haley calls the best dink and dunk gameplan ever while Ben executes it flawlessly
    5) Tomlin doesn't get called out once during the live game thread on TheSteelersFans.com for doing something idiotic -- i.e. No stoopid 2-pt conversion calls like last week.

#HereWeGo :drinks:

15. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    I think Shazier is going to have to make some plays in underneath coverage and take advantage of some Manning lollipops. Need quick passes to WRs, screens to backs and TEs, draw plays. Can't let Ben get hit.

Don't let Sanders get behind the defense. Special teams is going to have to play lights out - make every FG, cover kicks and punts, and pin them inside the 20 when we do have to punt it away (hopefully not too many times!). We will need strong performances in all 3 phases.

I think this game, like many, will simply come down to the turnover battle. If we don't turn it over, we will win!

16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Find out whatever plan NE plans on using next week to beat them and use it on them today,even the paying off the refs part:smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Our receivers just need to make more "combat catches"..seriously..I'd rather Denver play man to man all night...more than zone...in zone Ben is gonna have to be more accurate...throw harder...in man...I'd rather take 50/50 odds that our guys rise to the occasion...if they win those individual battles..more chance of taking it to the end zone... This game is gonna be decided on "SPLASH" plays...

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It's going to take a complete team effort, especially on defense. I am hoping to see an aggressive, downhill defensive effort. Take calculated risks, and cover tight underneath.

19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Not so sure about that, if denver is thinking the same thing, then that could be the edge the steelers need for an up set....

20. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    1. Stop that outside running attack. That could kill us. In fact stop the run period, because if we can't do that Peyton won't be much of a factor in this game.

2. The O-Line needs to open up some lanes so we can get our running game going. If ever we needed a running game to set up and help our passing game this is it.

3. No turnovers. Turnovers will kill us this game.

I think we'll see Heath play a big part in this as will checking down and if we get the run game going this is a very winnable game for us. Oh, and intercepting a couple of those thrown too soon, slow, sloppy balls that Peyton will throw will be a plus as well.

The number 1 important key for us will be having our defense step up. I'm not worried about Ben cause we can run and dink and dunk the heck out of them but if our D doesn't prevent this from being a shootout we'll lose.

21. QuasidodoJr

QuasidodoJr Active Member

Jan 10, 2016
    The plan is let Peyton Manning be Peyton Manning. He is a career choke artist in the post-season. They say his bad play was because of an injury. I think it's because he is old and battered and probably should have retired by now.

The offense also needs to stay on the field as much as possible. Time of Possession is probably the most important aspect of a game played in Denver. If the offense can't stay on the field, the defense will tire out in the second half and the Donkeys will run all over us.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Don't let Blake cover Demaryius Thomas one on one.

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I wonder if Robert Golden is going to play, he would be a ST loss. I think he was on the injury report earlier this week IIRC.