1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brown ruled out vs Broncos

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blitzgirl, Jan 15, 2016.

1. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Yea me too. No disrespect to AB but we have won games that he was shut down. We can win without Brown, there is no hope with Jones.

My give sh*t meter didnt move at all when it comes to the Bungals, their fans, or any of their opinions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

AB not playing is a bummer, for sure, but they can do this, Steelers Nation! Keep the faith. Ya gotta believe! :towel:

• Like Like x 2
  3. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

He looks about as confident as I am in winning this game. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sucks for sure but I'm going to give my (very) optimistic take....As long as Ben can throw deep on occasion and more importantly with velocity we have a good shot still. Maybe it will force Ben to spread the ball around and take what the D gives us. There will be no holding the ball this game ,it has to come out. I hope the coaches are drilling that into his head. He can't try to make every play this week because one hit could be the end.
    I hope to see a lot of double TEs and RBs involved in the passing game much more so. We need to dominate TOP and allow our D to be rested,aggressive and opportunistic. We can definitely do this with the right game plan .....take the underneath stuff if they give it to us and take full advantage of any 1on 1s down the field. "Obviously" third down conversions will be very important for and against.
    Wheaton will be returning punts therefore I want to see Todman returning kicks even if his chances are limited. Winning on special teams could decide the outcome. We need to win STs decisively...:herewego!:

5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Nice job as commish Roger. The best WR the league has seen in many years has been knocked out of the playoffs because of a vicious head shot by a habitual cheap shot artist. One of the most dynamic players the NFL has seen the past few years is NOT in the playoffs on PRIME TIME TV because of this scum bag Burfict...and you give him 3 games. What a joke.

BTW Burfict should not have even been in that game for the shot he put on a defenseless Raven's TE the week before. This is 100% on Roger Goodell and the NFL for not doing their job. Back up your talk and rhetoric... a top player was given a horrific head injury on PURPOSE by a thug after doing the same damn thing the week before to another player. Brown should sue the league for not providing him safety in the work place.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

Vontaze reply.................

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. SteelMom84

SteelMom84 Member

Jan 13, 2016
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Todman is the best bet. He's done it before and he's actually got pretty good number doing it. Both kick-offs and punts.

9. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know, but in that pic it looks like AB is winking at me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CoachD77

CoachD77 Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Other receivers need to step up, if they do, we will win.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A healthy diet of MB this game, plus our running game, plus no turnovers, we have a chance.

12. I_got_a_steel_ring

I_got_a_steel_ring Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    We lose tomorrow if I'm being honest. No way this team minus Williams & AB beats that team with their D in their house. Simply not going to happen.

Any one of their legit 6 pass rushers hits Ben hard and we will have to use Landry.

This game has all the components of getting ugly quick. Just hope we can keep it from us being blown out.

I'm usually very positive & upbeat about our team but not right now.

Get well soon AB. Fcuk you Burfuct

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This is the kind of attitude I like.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Sign Dri Archer!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Booooooo

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Have you seen there offensive line lately???? And Manning missed what 7 games, and still led the league in INT's. Every team left is capable of winning any Sunday. Gotta have faith and stay positive. We got this!

• Like Like x 2
  17. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

He didn't lead the league in interceptions.....he finished second. ( LOL )

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelMom84

SteelMom84 Member

Jan 13, 2016

He might as well. 17 interceptions in 10 games. 1-2 interception in almost every single game this year. I hope our defense really gets in his face tomorrow.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The thing is, teams were focusing on AB to shut him down leaving other receivers to have a big day. No AB, focus goes to someone else. Now two of our biggest playmakers aren't on the field. Makes Denvers job much easier.

We still have guys who can get it down, really all hinges on how effective Ben can be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I told you all this week he wasnt going to play in several of my responses to those that was trying to say he would play, that was such a vicious head shot I just couldnt envision the protocol allowing him back to play this soon........

21. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

If I remember right, that statement you said was..........

22. odessabronc

odessabronc Member

Jan 16, 2016
    As a fan of the Broncos my blood pressure would appreciate a comfortable win. But I'm realist I don't see that happening for two reasons:

1.) It's playoffs. I know the Steelers are depleted by injury but it's still the playoffs.

2.) Denver hasn't really blown anyone out this year. The closest they came was beating Green Bay by 19.

That said, I do think Denver is going win because close games have been a way of life for the Broncos this season. They are also healthy and they are at home.

23. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    I hate that AB is out. I wish Coates didn't have to make his debut in the Playoffs. However, If Coates was on almost any other team in the NFL he would have started all year. We are so deep at WR that he had time to develop behind these guys. He just might make a couple key catches. He certainly has the talent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. I_got_a_steel_ring

I_got_a_steel_ring Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    We don't have this. We get blown out. End of story

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. jaygorius

jaygorius Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    The recent Steelers teams have always had a cornered animal mentality. When they are up against the wall they usually fight back and put up a big fight. I actually think they play much better as the underdogs then when they are favored. That said, I don't think that necessarily means they will pull it out but they have a chance and I think they keep it close.