1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on SB XLVI

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 4EvrH8O'donnel, Jan 29, 2012.

1. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    With the Steelers not being in it this year, what are you thoughts on SB XLVI
    Couldn't care less?
    Finally paying attention to the commercials?
    Madonna Halftime show?
    Looking for a close game?
    Rather have a Giants blowout or god forbid a marsha on slought?
    Going to a party?
    Skipping it altogether?
    Should they move it to Saturday night like my wife hopes happens someday?

I want to see the G-Men hit Brady all day long and for the giants to win 24-10.

What does everybody else care about next Sunday evening?

2. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of football in general. I watch at least 3 games every Sunday and all Monday/Thursday games..... So I'm rooting for a good close game, a Giants win, and some good commercials. The Steelers being in this game would have been a MAJOR plus, but I will still watch it.

3. Avoid Lloyd

Avoid Lloyd Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I just want the Cheatriots to lose and hope that Marsha Fraidy has a terrible game. :praying:

4. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    yep... Although I have said I will never root for another team, that is on a consistent basis...
    Although I am first, foremost, and ALWAYS a Steeler fan...
    Next weekend, I WILL be rooting for the Giants, at least it`s a team I dont hate, and they have a good chance to beat the cheatriots AGAIN, in the biggest game of the year!!!
    Go Giants!
    That didn`t taste as bad as having to root for the Bungles, or Clowns, when they could help our playoff chances... ;)

5. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    [attachment=0:14y95fcc]food stadium.jpg[/attachment:14y95fcc]

Attached Files:

6. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I want the game to game to end 2 to 0 giants with both team playing bad throwing interceptions almost every snap each qb getting sacked 20 times blood every where now that would be a good SB :herewego:

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    A Giants win, Don't really care what the score is, and Brady to get "Theismaned" by anyone on the Giants defense! :yeehaw:

8. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    To quote another member on here: "What is this Super Bowl you speak of?"

9. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :amen:

10. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    How can you guys stop watching football?

Not only do watch as many of the other playoff games as I can, I usually pick a team that I root for each game. Regardless of who is playing. Next Sunday it will be the Giants. Last Sunday I was screaming like crazy for the Ravens to stomp the Pats.

I guess Im a football fan first, Steelers fan second.

11. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  12. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Oh - I'll watch. I just won't be all that interested. I, too, will be rooting for the Giants to win.

I consider myself a Steelers fan first and a football fan second. Without the Steelers in the mix, I have no real emotional interest in the outcome. It's just another opportunity to watch football.

13. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm in the same boat as you mdbates, Steeler's fan first and rooting for the giants to lose, but won't be paying tons of attention.

14. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    i am for eli to get number 2 and pass big bro

15. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm going to definitely watch the SuperBowl.I could care less about the game though.I want the Giants too win.If the Steelers are'nt in it,It's not the same.

16. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'll have to watch pulling for the Giants...love their front four and I actually don't mind Eli all that much. The kid is playing some good football this year

17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I've always liked to think of myself as a fan of the game, as well as the Steelers. When I buy GamePass for the season, you have the option of only paying for your team's games, and paying for all of them. I've always gone with the latter.

But you know what? Recently, I just find it really difficult to be interested in those other teams. So while in my head I'm a fan of the game, in practice I'm a Steelers fan, and little else.

It would be different if a team I particularly cared about was in the SB, but while I'll be rooting for the Giants, I don't really have much interest in their franchise.

Still, Superbowl is Superbowl - you have to watch it. It's practically the law.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You want NE to win??? :o Hope that was a misfire! I'm with mdbates and bleedsteel, Steeler fan first, football fan second and go Giants!

19. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I will still watch the Superbowl even when the Steelers aren't playing in the game. I want the Giants to win. I have a good friend who's a Giants fan, I don't want NE to get another Lombardi, and I want to see Eli do well and what the talk will be if he wins more Superbowls than his brother. It would also be great to hear all the talk about Eli being 2-0 in the SB AND 2-0 against Brady in the SB. :lolol:

20. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My favorite scenario would be NYG score four TD's due to pick sixes from Brady. After the fourth pick six (w/ no TD passes) Brady is pulled in favor of Brian Hoyer (around third quarter). Hoyer almost leads NE to a comeback win. Brady is seen crying at the end of the game and ends up sitting the bench next year in favor of Hoyer. Giants 28-Patsies 21.
    :towel:

21. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If you are going to dream I guess you might as well dream big.

22. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    No real thoughts.Hope the G-Men win.

23. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    All things equal I would pick the Pats to win but with their top TE out (Steelers fans know all about high ankle sprains) the Giants become the favorite.