1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lets just trade Ben?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jsteelers077, Jan 24, 2012.

1. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Whatever you guys clamoring for trading Ben are smoking should pass it around!

2. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Omg I thought my 7th graders were thick....

Let me define for you top 5 qb talent=

Guys that have the talent and potential to b a top 5 qb. Rivers has the talent to b a top 5 qb.... Is he right now? Wouldn't put him there.... Cam newton has top 5 qb talent. Would u put him there now? Probably not .....eventually

Andrew luck..... Mel kiper said best prospect to come out since elway. Top 5 talent. Yes. There now no. :frustrated: :frustrated:

3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I`m with ya, Jim!!! :applaud:
    No way in hell would I think about tradin Ben, Other than the possible exception, that one of PWP`s possibilites turns out to be true, that Ben is NOT gonna get on board with the new OC, and just act like a pouty baby.
    Find that hard to believe.
    On the other hand, the following post, says something very true, that few of us (myself included), like to admit...

It IS hard to accept, but I do believe it`s true.
    However, it COULD be remedied, if Ben was willing to watch film, and learn to become a "student of the game".
    The fact that he openly admits that he doesn`t even try, is a big part of the problem.
    If he would at least put forth the effort, we may know if he is capble of it.
    As is, he either is too proud to try, or intellectually incapable of it.
    I find that hard to believe, also.

Bottom line, either way, I would NOT trade him, barring one of those Mike Ditka- like, "I`ll give you all my draft picks for one player" type trades, and not even then, unless it`s five years from now...
    And we have won five more superbowls, and have Ben`s replacement well groomed on the sideline...
    And the other team throws in their 2 best current players...
    I will take him, as is, and be happy for the chance he brings us to win games! Style points, or not!!!
    :cool:

4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    [/quote:n8c5u3pv]

Let me be clear about my case, in this thread: No player is immune to trade talk. Because it's just that: talk.

And you have not provided a compelling case that would indicate a need to suspend such talk.

You have not taken a solidified stance in your position, which you did not adequately define, and continue to change by adding names to your list of top 5 qb talent. Further, instead of answering any of the questions I have about your argument, you levy insults.

Top 5 Potential/Talent? Okay. I hear you. But, then, any given season, you can make this very subjective argument, and state that any qb has top 5 talent for whatever reason. What is the objective criteria for top 5 qb talent?

Even if we are to say that Ben has top 5 talent/potential, then I would say he has not realized that potential since last year's playoffs. And, therefore, as any other Steelers player who is discussed for trade, based on diminished productivity, Ben is placed in this discussion.

Has anyone ever considered that, since we are talking about a trade, the Steelers could acquire a QB possessing talent either similar to, or greater than Ben's?

Your penchant for debating by use of subjective analysis displays why 7th graders under your tutelage are so thick, and will probably, and most unfortunately, remain so...

5. GravelGod

GravelGod Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    If Roethlisberger goes into this meeting with Mr. Rooney running his sewer about how HE sees the offense being run and how HE sees his roll at the offensive genius, you just may get what some of you are hopping for, Roethlisberger being handed an apple and a bus ticket out of town. Ben's lack of judgement has already placed him on thin ice with the Rooneys.

6. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    YEP!!!! I see it!!!!

7. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    I agree it's a possibility, but I doubt Ben would go that far. At least, for his sake, I hope he wouldn't...

8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    well we can trade ben to indy (arians is there ) for a first round pick , than sign manning for a couple of years while grooving a.luck

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It would never, ever happen. However, Ben for pick #1 is the only trade involving Ben that I would make. It's not because I don't like Ben. I think he's a top 5-10 QB, and our offensive success revolves around him. But Luck is an amazing QB prospect. If he gets into a good situation, he will be the top QB in the league within 4-5 years.

10. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Wait... we are trading 7 to Indy for their first pick...and then we sign Manning ...and we take Luck??? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: SOOOO FUNNY..Pass me that pipe!!

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    manning will be cut before 28 of feb, we trade ben for a first rd straight with them . tham we sign manning from the street

btw i know you like my pipe

12. 322 Steeler Fan

322 Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Ben should go into the meeting with his ideas; he has earned that say. He has won 2 super bowls and has had the crap knocked out of him due to bad o-lines. He has also gotten treated horribly for a non-conviction by the rooneys, media, and the league. I do not care what anyone else thinks about that situation; the guy was just trying to get some poon and it backfired like it has for all of us just worse. No QB in the league has more heart or is tougher. He is not the best "passer" in the league (top 5 or 10), but he is the best football player in the league at QB.

The team needs better o-lineman, not more running but a better running game, and a better passing scheme. I want to see good defense but I do not care about "steeler football"; I want to see 2012 superbowl football. Look at the two teams offenses in the superbowl.

Dixon sucks, plain and simple. He is worse than d-bag Kordell.

With a few tweaks on both sides of the ball this team is superbowl caliber.

Ben is damn good and should call some shots.

13. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Rutkus4ever made a very intelligent comment when he said:
    Has anyone ever considered that, since we are talking about a trade, the Steelers could acquire a QB possessing talent either similar to, or greater than Ben's?

How about that. What about Stafford and RG III? I think Stafford with our team would be qite sucessful. RG III might possibly be a great QB in the right system. Look at what Cam Newton did this year. All the smart prognosticators said that he was not an NFL passer. He was only the NFL rookie of the year. I think that RG III will have the same kind of success next season.

And last but not least, who knows what other talent is out their at QB. The fact is, if Ben bucks the system and does not conform to ART II's wishes, the Steelers should consider all their options!

14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Understand me,if peyton and brady can get called names and ridiculed after a bad game then surely ben can't be let off the hook.Ben is winning off talent and talent around him and a good defense.Look at it this way,if hes this good and hes just going off talent then imagine how good he would be if he would put his time in the film room and on the practice field.If he would act like he was playing the patriots every week.He need a "NO MAN".Someone to tell him that suck at times and why he sucks.
    The organization also need to go out and get a hotshot qb to push ben to be at his best.Because ben actually think that what he has been putting on the field is quality play when its mediocre.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh, I didn't know Ben was playing D when Flacco drove 92 yards to win a game they had no business winning.

Like I said, you guys are entertaining! :thumbsup:

16. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Oh, I didn't know Ben was playing D when Flacco drove 92 yards to win a game they had no business winning.

Like I said, you guys are entertaining! :thumbsup:[/quote:2o1v9eku]

The Ravens game was not 52 seconds long.

17. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Ravens game was not 52 seconds long.[/quote:1jz682p2]

The offense scored enough points to get the job done, the defense sat down at the end. I'm a big fan of the D, but when you put the game in the Steelers defense's hands with hardly any time left it should be safe to expect the game is safe... especially when you're going against Flake-O.

18. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    The Ravens game was not 52 seconds long.[/quote:29jk4oai]

The offense scored enough points to get the job done, the defense sat down at the end. I'm a big fan of the D, but when you put the game in the Steelers defense's hands with hardly any time left it should be safe to expect the game is safe... especially when you're going against Flake-O.[/quote:29jk4oai]

The argument was about Dixon not being good enough, and the Ravens game he started in being Tomlin_Era's supposed proof that the Steelers can't win without Ben.

I argue that if you're going to say that, then the same argument holds for the game Dixon played against the Ravens, also. I believe they were beaten by only a field goal. So, you have to also say the defense failed a Dixon-led offense. Otherwise, Dixon led the offense to enough points to win.

And Ben has been failing on drives, all year... be they in the normal course of the game, or potential game-winners. This phenomenon has been in effect since last year's playoffs... possibly before... And, as I said before... Ben's diminishing productivity places him in board trade talks just as would occur for any other Steelers player... And nobody has given a solid argument as to why such discussion should be suspended.

19. Concussion

Oct 27, 2011
    The Ravens game was not 52 seconds long.[/quote]

The offense scored enough points to get the job done, the defense sat down at the end. I'm a big fan of the D, but when you put the game in the Steelers defense's hands with hardly any time left it should be safe to expect the game is safe... especially when you're going against Flake-O.[/quote]

LMAO, the defense put the game in the offenses hands on the Raven's second to last series with a Raven's three and out. The offense should have been able to run out the clock or at least gave the ball back with less than 52 seconds.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The offense scored enough points to get the job done, the defense sat down at the end. I'm a big fan of the D, but when you put the game in the Steelers defense's hands with hardly any time left it should be safe to expect the game is safe... especially when you're going against Flake-O.[/quote]

LMAO, the defense put the game in the offenses hands on the Raven's second to last series with a Raven's three and out. The offense should have been able to run out the clock or at least gave the ball back with less than 52 seconds.[/quote]

You are out of your mind. Try and keep it real, do you ever blame the defense? I can't stand having discussions with people who don't have an open mind and are only interested in sticking up for their point, leave that bull**** to politics. So tell me, did the defense lay an egg in Denver or no?

21. Concussion

Oct 27, 2011
    LMAO, the defense put the game in the offenses hands on the Raven's second to last series with a Raven's three and out. The offense should have been able to run out the clock or at least gave the ball back with less than 52 seconds.[/quote]

You are out of your mind. Try and keep it real, do you ever blame the defense? I can't stand having discussions with people who don't have an open mind and are only interested in sticking up for their point, leave that bulls**t to politics. So tell me, did the defense lay an egg in Denver or no?[/quote]

Both sides of the ball sucked in the Denver game. The Denver game is another example of how the offense couldn't get it done at the end of the game. You are the one that can't see reality. Yes, I blame the defense sometime, but we had the number one defense in the league and not so much with the offense.

Also, 20 points hasn't been "enough points to get the job done" in decades. That is just average scoring.

22. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    I posted the following in the "We Got Out Coached" thread, regarding getting Tebowed:

There was plenty of blame to go around. Since this discussion is about Ben, though, I have to say Ben should have been able to put up 30 points, during regulation, to win a playoff game. The defense held up in the 2nd half and got him the ball back plenty of times. He didn't do anything with it.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

You are out of your mind. Try and keep it real, do you ever blame the defense? I can't stand having discussions with people who don't have an open mind and are only interested in sticking up for their point, leave that bulls**t to politics. So tell me, did the defense lay an egg in Denver or no?[/quote]

Both sides of the ball sucked in the Denver game. The Denver game is another example of how the offense couldn't get it done at the end of the game. You are the one that can't see reality. Yes, I blame the defense sometime, but we had the number one defense in the league and not so much with the offense.

Also, 20 points hasn't been "enough points to get the job done" is decades. That is just average scoring.[/quote]

ANY TEAM that blows a game on a 92 yard drive is the fault of the defense, that's reality! Too much kool aid around here. :doh:

24. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Lol @ trade Ben.

You guys need to relax, and stop stirring yourselves into a frenzy because we didn't win it all this year.

25. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Down by 14 on the road.

Pittsburgh outscores Denver 17-3 in the second half to tie the game.

After 4 qtrs the score tied 23-23.

1st play in OT, a very simple 12 yard slant scores an 80 yd TD catch.

Yeah, it's Ben's fault :roll: , oh yeah Arians fault too.

We never seem to whip the d!ck....