1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

J Peazy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hypocycloids, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe the jets knees out on a kick but I still think munch grabbed nelson to slow him down and keep from being hurt. I think nelson mofo'ed munch and munch just pushed him away

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    I saw it better (longer replay instead of just Jones' push) on NFL replay last night and posted a thread about it.

3. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    I did find it but the refs can allow him to go on the field, so they may have. I also saw a longer replay on NFLN last night which shows it better.

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/after-watching-the-nfl-replay.13761/

4. jwest21

jwest21 Active Member

Nov 2, 2011
    It's just another excuse for the Bengals and fans, honestly. Porter basically baited them into something stupid, whether intentional or not. All they had to do was ignore him, but they couldn't. They won't admit it, either. It's easier to blame someone else than to admit they made the mistakes that cost them the game.

5. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No, that was Pekoe

7. blitzgirl

blitzgirl Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Has this been posted? Seems to be a pretty good explanation and view points of what happened. Gilberry hasn't been mentioned much, but he was a significant factor here.

8. Toughtown

Toughtown Active Member

Dec 2, 2015
    trainers are allowed to enter to provide for the welfare of a player. See below section of the rulebook:

RULE 13. NON-PLAYER CONDUCT

SECTION 1 - NON-PLAYER CONDUCT

ARTICLE 1. NON-PLAYER FOULS

There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct by a substitute, coach, attendant, or any other non- player (entitled to sit on a team’s bench) during any period or timeout (including between halves).

Note 1: “Loud speaker” coaching from the sidelines is not permissible.

Note 2: A player may communicate with a coach provided the coach is in his prescribed area during dead-ball periods.

ARTICLE 2. TEAM ATTENDANTS MAY ENTER FIELD DURING TIMEOUT

Either or both team attendants and their helpers may enter the field to attend their team during a team timeout by either team. No other non-player may come on the field without the Referee’s permission, unless he is an incoming substitute (5-2-2).

During any team timeout, all playing rules continue in force. Representatives of either team are prohibited from entering the field unless they are incoming substitutes, or team attendants or trainers entering to provide for the welfare of a player, and any game-type activities are prohibited on the Field of Play.

9. Toughtown

Toughtown Active Member

Dec 2, 2015
    This video is awsome and shows everything I was seeing myself and was wishing someone would clearly post somewhere. The media is ignoring all of this clearly.

I also want to add three small details:

1. When Burfict's hand is swiped away by the trainer it actually hits Joey Porter in the side of the head and Joey doesn't react at all.
    2. Pacman Jones doesn't only try to jump at Porter over the large black ref, but actually grabs him and pulls the ref backward.
    3. The ref throws the flag before turning around and knowing who it was, so there was no pre-bias involved in him throwing the flag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    But that's for team timeouts, as opposed to injury timeouts. They are two different things. (See Rule 4, Section 5, Articles 1-2.)

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    If anyone thought I was joking, this is his Twitter avatar.

[​IMG]

12. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Again we are talking injury time out. You always see coaches on the field and never saw a flag. You saw a bunch of coaches out there when Gio got hit. No flag. If anything on that play it should have been another 15 yards against the bungles for 95, bumping and herding Peezy into that group of bungles who just realized they gave the game back to us. Got a text from my brother at the time said. " thank goodness the bungles still know how to BUNG-HOLE themselves"

• Agree Agree x 1