1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will ben demand trade?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by americamade2012, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

7.0%
  3. I dont know

87.2%
  4. I dont care

5.8%
  1. americamade2012

americamade2012 Active Member

Jan 1, 2012
    With all the comments about BA leaving and ben wanting answers from the big man do you think he demands a trade just to stir things up whether serious or not? Just a thought

I say no

2. black hat

black hat Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    No.

I don't want to offend anyone. But all of this self-righteousness about Ben's comments, and speculating about there being a problem is getting a tad out of hand. The link is out there. LISTEN to his words instead of just reading text and jumping to conclusions.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/01/ ... um=twitter

Seriously. Hearing someone's tone of voice puts a lot of what they say in perspective. My thoughts on the whole matter are in the comments thread, so I'm not going to rehash them.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ahhh the off season, so much fun :goofy:

That's a BIG NO on BIG BEN

6. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  7. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Right Scott, SERIOUSLY??!!

Oh, and in case that isn't clear enough, NO!

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes cause no way was the 2-time SB coach Arains getting fired, let go, released or otherwise not with the team. No way were they trading their #1 receiver, the Superbowl MVP for a late round pick.
    So yeah seriously no way does he ever request a trade. NEVER EVER EVER with a double stamp. :roflmao: SERIOUSLY! It won't ever happen

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Glad we got that cleared up :thumbs_up:

At least we know who the lone "yes" vote was so far :wave:

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Actually I voted I don't know. I just thought it was hilarious that there was so much certainty around something that only one person knows for sure. The yes to start the sentence was in reference to the Seriously question. That does look confusing now that you mention it.

11. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Just seen an interview on sportscenter and his first remarks were that of a professional that wants to win and wants to know what he has to do and his follow up on spprtscenter was even more professional. Hes not going anywhere and nor does he want to.

12. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Yes.

.....I mean, no. No...

[youtube:3br5xyy9]otppMltEGc4[/youtube:3br5xyy9]

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It seems as though, in the absence of Arians, Ben has become the new number one fall guy. If we draft a late round QB, I can only imagine this kind of thing will get worse.

Well, I suppose we have to discuss something... hey, I see Mitch Berger's got with Pamela Anderson...

14. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    all this trade talk about Ben is crazy.
    ive tried to stay away from commenting on all these threads about Ben, Art II, Arians and all the speculation that most around here are jumping too, but its getting ridiculous.

Ben isnt going anywhere. i would imagine that most of the people who are calling for Ben to be traded were not fans of the Steelers from 1980 through 2005 or atleast not all of that span. that was a 25 year span in which we saw some of the worst qb's in the NFL. they had a couple decent ones, but that was proof that just a decent qb isnt always enough to win a super bowl.

on the old board this topic came up a couple years ago when Ben had his off the field issue and all the trade talk was in high gear. i listed all the qbs that they had between Bradshaw and Ben and for the most part it wasnt pretty. they had some pretty good defenses during those times also, but still werent good enough to win it all.

a qb like Ben doesnt come around all the time. is he the best in the league? probably not, but hes one of the best at winning. he knows how to win and he puts everything he has into trying to win. the guys toughness cant be questioned and either can his heart. his judgement isnt always the best, but to me hes still a work in progress. he will continue to get better and as long as he is the qb for the Steelers they will always be a threat to win the super bowl and to me thats all you can ask for.

15. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    From Listening to Ben's interview, what I took out of it was Ben thinks it was his fault Arians got the can. He mentions that he thinks Art wants him to get hit less and his meeting is to probably confirm with Art that Ben needs to throw the ball away more, or hit check downs to prolong his career. Should Ben be personally upset Arians got canned, Yea it was his friend. Do I have any evidence that should leave me to believe Ben will drag his personal feelings into his professional work, Nope I don't. I think he will be fine as he strikes me as a football player who only cares about winning games. People say he does have a big ego, with his primdonna act, but than again people say the same thing about Terry Bradshaw.

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Two bs sexual assault cases didnt show up on the field so i doubt this will.

17. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That's how I've interpreted things as well. He's not going anywhere unless something else crazy comes up.

18. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  19. NorthFLSteel

NorthFLSteel Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I voted No....If Ben's goal is to be part of more Super Bowl championships, which I highly suspect it is, he'd be smart to stay right where he is.....I don't see him going anywhere else anytime soon!!

20. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Whether he demands a trade, or not.... Whether he stays, or not... The Steelers Organization will continue its journey on the Stairway to Seven, and they will most likely reach it, before any other NFL organization.

:herewego:

21. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    trade Ben to the Colts, for the #1 pick.

22. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Colts would never take that. Ben is already more than half-way through his career.

23. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    freakfontana just recommended this in the "Let's trade Ben?" thread. He calls to get Manning with the #1 pick.

24. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I picked I don't care but that was for the question. Answer is RLTFLMAOPIMP

:kemo: