1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hoke retired

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jsteelers077, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A great overachiever, with a big motor. More people should learn
    to have these traits. Passion, if you play with it, it will overcome
    alot of talent deficiencies.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    good luck to hokie pokey. he was a favorite. :cool:

3. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    heck they were 17-1 when he started. hmmmm.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah Hoke was more than serviceable. If you had to go a year with a young Hoke or a Mclendon as your NT... I pick Hoke!!!

5. NorthFLSteel

NorthFLSteel Member

Jan 1, 2012
    What more can be said about Hokie than what has already been said. He was the ultimate professional and did his job very well when called upon. the Steelers W-L record when he started spoke for itself....

Enjoy your retirement...you will be missed by all of Steeler nation. :wave:

6. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Did you ever stop to think that the guy was so humble that maybe he didn't think he his autograph was warranted? Or perhaps he didn't even realize someone actually wanted his autograph? I'm only saying this because I was at a NASCAR race and I remember a kid asking a not to popular and not well known driver for an autograph and I can still hear him say "Listen son, you don't want my autograph, you want Jeff Gordon's or Dale Jrs., I'm just a regular guy whos signature will never amount to much. If you give me your pen and paprer and wait here I'll get you a real autograph", I won't say who this was but the guy came back with someones autograph and the kid was super happy. It may not be the same thing but maybe that is what was going through Hokes mind as he doesn't seem to play the part of not signing stuff for kids. On another note a friend of mine hated Dale Earnhardt Sr. because his 6 year old Daughter loved him and when they ran into him in Florida in '98 my friend took his daughter over to him and the little girl asked for his autograph and he said sure...for $50....When my friend returned home I remember him asking me to come to a cookout and when I got there he had a pile of Earnhardt swag in a pile and on fire and then he told me the story. Its hard to figure people some times.