1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DW

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    DeAngelo Williams (ankle) was spotted wearing a walking boot following the Steelers' Week 17 win over the Browns.
    The Steelers did not update Williams' status after the game. Williams had to be carted to the locker room after a defender fell on his right leg at the end of a second-quarter run. He returned to the sidelines in the second quarter, but he was ruled out for the game during halftime. Williams' availability for the Wild Card round is completely up in the air. His status will be updated throughout the week. Jan 3 - 5:46 PM
    Source: Mark Kaboly on Twitter

2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't see how he can go. I feel for him he has a lot of heart and is a good guy.

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Looked like a high ankle sprain to me, the way the foot flexed . My best guess is 4 to 6 weeks . I hope I seen it wrong , but that's how it looked to me...

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Ugh.

That's going to blow, unless Todman or Toussaint can step it up. I'd be disappointed if they signed anyone new and messed around like they did with Tate.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Same here. It looked nasty to me.

6. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We can't catch a break this year on Injuries . It's part of the Game and most Teams are dealing with it.
    I hope somehow DWill can play? We'll see soon enough. GO STEELERS!!

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You never know how things will turn out.

Timmy Smith had 29 carries for 126 yards for the 1987 Redskins during the regular season and then gained 210 yards with 2TD's in the Super Bowl.

James Starks had 29 carries for 101 yards for the 2010 Packers during the regular season and then gained 315 yards with 1 TD during their Super Bowl run.

I'm not saying that's likely with Todman or Toussaint but again, you never know.

Will Johnson will get some carries and we have Neal Rajion who was signed to the practice squad on December 1 for what that's worth.