1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bud Dupree

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 27, 2015.

1. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    All of this.

2. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am not worried about Dupree. I am worried more about the rest of our linebackers. Shazier has tremendous speed but is not used in coverage, probably because he isn't good at it. Timmons is in coverage much more but would think Timmons would be a better rusher just due to size and speed combination. Have not seen enough out of Jones to justify his pick in the first round. He has been disappointing to say the least. In addition in a 3-4 defense you need to be able to generate some pressure from your LB's and can't rely just on the front 3. That has been non-existent lately. Harrison I think is probably our best OLB at age 37. I don't want to have to burn another 1st round pick on a LB. We need secondary help and we need some of our LB's to step up this off-season.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I haven't seen a move from any of our pass rushers and I surely haven't seen the violent hands that JJ supposedly possesses. I don't know if these guys get the athletic pass rush moves drilled out of them for the sake of playing it safe and keeping contain or what. What I do know is it looks like they are taking athletic guys and neutering them. Everything is a bull rush....there is apparently no scheme that involves getting our OLBs in space and one on one. Something just isn't right our sack numbers should be much better....got me.

4. Steelmac5

Steelmac5 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Timmons vs the Broncos!!!

5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    James is running out of gas. Jones is pitiful. Dupree is hitting the rookie wall. Moats is steady, not a difference maker. This is what they have as OLB's.
    And you wonder why there is little pressure or sacks. Couple this with a patchwork secondary and a nose tackle that should be a DE and bam, a below average Defense. Hayward and Tuitt can only do so much. ILB's disappearing and another FS who can't cover a grill. Lot's of blame to go around.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    Timmons is inside.

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think DuPree will be fine. Hopefully the team will accept that Jarvis Jones was a wasted pick and move on.

8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    That's a good one! I hadn't heard that one before.